Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

xzzy posted:

Goddamn that set must cost a fortune with all those custom printed bricks.

$199.99 for 2,179 pieces, same price as house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Oh god dammit. I need a bartman minifig.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
The puddles of Squishee leaking from the machine :laffo: The house set seemed really lame but I could conceivably see myself buying this one in some alternate universe where I have much more disposable income.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
All that stuff in the coolers is actual stuff with a clear window not just a sticker. That's awesome.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I like the little things, like how they changed the top on the squishee cup too.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

DrChud posted:

Kwik-E-Mart Reveal photos, holy crap.

http://www.bricksandbloks.com/lego-simpsons-kwik-e-mart-hi-res-photos-revealed/

It looks like most of those items for sale are printed and not stickers. I love the coolers, they packed a lot of little details inside of the Mart. I held off on the house but I'm definitely going to have to get this one.

I'm sold. Now, when will we get our Springfield Nuclear Power Plant?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Oh god, instant buy for me! So awesome.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

And here is Series II of the Simpsons figures. Personally I don't like the Simpsons stuff, but I can appreciate how well done lots of these guys are. I wasn't expecting Hans Moleman.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, I'm definitely sold on the Kwik-E-Mart now. I quite like the minifigure selection too, might grab a couple of those and then hit up a reseller for specific ones if I don't get them. I really want that Santa's Little Helper. :3:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm really impressed that all the food in the Mart isn't stickers.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
"Me and Frostillicus go back a long way. I used to share a bathroom with Frostillicus. In fact, I got a real funny story about that! Actually, it's not so much funny as it is long."

Norns posted:

I'm really impressed that all the food in the Mart isn't stickers.

I think they can only get away with how many stickers that would have been on expert build stuff.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Interesting that they seem to be selling the Simpsons sets like the modular buildings. One each year. Makes sense I guess, at the price point they are going for.

Not sure what would be next though. Moes probably has the most distinctive interior, but it's a bar so it may be out. Power plant and the school both seem too large. Maybe Krusty Burger?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
There was a rumor that it will be Android's Dungeon, but it's so far away it's hard to give that much more credence than mere speculation.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
The only logical answer is Lard Lad Donuts.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Dogen posted:

There was a rumor that it will be Android's Dungeon, but it's so far away it's hard to give that much more credence than mere speculation.

Worst speculation ever.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Would Lard Lad be brick built or a bigfig?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I want the Stonecutters. And Stampy. Sure, two things that I don't think have been in more than one episode, but they're totally my favourite Simpsons things.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I really hope that the next Simpsons minifigure series is Treehouse of Horror themed. Devil Flanders and Donut head Homer, Stretch Dude and Clobber Girl. Alien Maggie, it would work so well!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Gann Jerrod posted:

I really hope that the next Simpsons minifigure series is Treehouse of Horror themed. Devil Flanders and Donut head Homer, Stretch Dude and Clobber Girl. Alien Maggie, it would work so well!

The next CMF is really strongly rumored to be Halloween/monster themed, I wonder if that would make this more or less likely. It's certainly a great idea.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

I just desperately want but know we'll never get:

The Monorail: with Lyle Lanley, Conductor Homer, Bart, and Leonard Nimoy.

Scorpio's Lair: With Scorpio (w/ flamethrower accessory), Homer, and the James Bond proxy "Mr. Bont"

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
I could maybe see a Nuclear Plant set working if the exterior was a scaled-down version of the nuclear plant, and when it opened up playset-style, the interior was a minifig-scale detailed set of Homer's office, which features quite regularly on the show. Could have Homer, Lenny, Carl, Mr. Burns, and Smithers minifigs, plus an inanimate carbon rod or two.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Frank Grimes and a beaker of Mr. Burns' priceless acid.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I missed out on Green Grocer, so this is a must buy. Lego town needs a goddamn supermarket.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I might buy it and turn it into an English style convenience store with a flat above it. Not really interested in The Simpsons.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PriorMarcus posted:

I might buy it and turn it into an English style convenience store with a flat above it. Not really interested in The Simpsons.

Print out some Tesco Express stickers.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
If this is wrong I don't want to be right. After almost two weeks of checking for Target clearance to go from 30% to 50% off it finally did. Didn't get the X-Men set but did score everything else I wanted and some extra for a couple friends. With that I think my ridiculous clearance Lego hunt is over for now. 50+ sets, nearly everything 50% off or more. Twice driving 2+ hrs and hitting a bunch of rural stores.

Here's today's haul. Got the entire run of Ultra Agents! Can't wait to build these!

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

pbpancho posted:

If this is wrong I don't want to be right. After almost two weeks of checking for Target clearance to go from 30% to 50% off it finally did. Didn't get the X-Men set but did score everything else I wanted and some extra for a couple friends. With that I think my ridiculous clearance Lego hunt is over for now. 50+ sets, nearly everything 50% off or more. Twice driving 2+ hrs and hitting a bunch of rural stores.

I've been checking walmarts. Guess I need to add target to my stops.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Oh dear god no! Suddenly I care about Simpsons lego. Kwik E Mart and Hans Moleman!

Sadly they'll never do a Moe's... Prove me wrong lego, prove me wrong.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I probably won't be getting any Simpsons stuff, but that is an extremely cool set. There's so much detail and so many little references in there. Is the frozen old guy just a sticker or what though? I can't really tell. Seems like it would have been better to use a minifig there.

So, Unrelated, but does anyone know roughly how much longer the Slave 1 UCS will be around at retail price or how long it will be in production?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

pbpancho posted:

Here's today's haul. Got the entire run of Ultra Agents! Can't wait to build these!

I keep looking at that Spider-Man set on clearance, but all I want out of it is Luke Cage and Mary Jane, I should just bricklink them I guess.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

NESguerilla posted:

I probably won't be getting any Simpsons stuff, but that is an extremely cool set. There's so much detail and so many little references in there. Is the frozen old guy just a sticker or what though? I can't really tell. Seems like it would have been better to use a minifig there.

So, Unrelated, but does anyone know roughly how much longer the Slave 1 UCS will be around at retail price or how long it will be in production?

He's a sticker stuck onto a curved brick.

lorddazron
Mar 31, 2011
So I finally took the plunge and bought my first big adult Lego set. I picked the Tumbler, and holy crap it's huge.

Considering my biggest set before this was the Creator Highway Transporter, this is some step up.

The downside is that I am now not allowed any more Lego until Christmas. I think it's a fair compromise.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

ireladd posted:

I just desperately want but know we'll never get:

The Monorail: with Lyle Lanley, Conductor Homer, Bart, and Leonard Nimoy.

Scorpio's Lair: With Scorpio (w/ flamethrower accessory), Homer, and the James Bond proxy "Mr. Bont"

They still don't have a Troy McClure figure yet, do they. Or McBane...

lorddazron posted:

The downside is that I am now not allowed any more Lego until Christmas. I think it's a fair compromise.

Good luck with that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

lorddazron posted:

Hate to tell you this, but you're screwed.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Supposed to be double VIP points starting tomorrow through the end of the month.

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir

lorddazron posted:

So I finally took the plunge and bought my first big adult Lego set. I picked the Tumbler, and holy crap it's huge.

Considering my biggest set before this was the Creator Highway Transporter, this is some step up.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, I told myself when I bought Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! that I wasn't gonna get anymore legos. Every lego movie set, countless others, and several thousand dollars later... turns out I was wrong.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Well after 5 straight days of repairing my modulars, I got everything sorted out and rebuilt. Distressingly, one piece (one of the gray 1x4s with pegs on the ends for connecting each floor) is totally missing, and I've GAINED a single 1x1 brown brick. I can't find the missing piece nor where the brown brick is supposed to fit. Are transmuting bricks an issue I need to watch out for?

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir

Alabaster White posted:

Well after 5 straight days of repairing my modulars, I got everything sorted out and rebuilt. Distressingly, one piece (one of the gray 1x4s with pegs on the ends for connecting each floor) is totally missing, and I've GAINED a single 1x1 brown brick. I can't find the missing piece nor where the brown brick is supposed to fit. Are transmuting bricks an issue I need to watch out for?

If so, you've got a bright future selling parts.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The only thing that is really a bummer about buying lego sets lately is fighting the urge to just pull them all apart and see what I can make while I'm watching netflix. I really don't want to mix them up, so I think the most the nerd in me will let me do is pull apart one set at a time and repurpose it. Even then, what if I like what I made better than the original set? I'll just end up pulling it apart after a bit to rebuild it...

I really have to get a little bucket of random bricks so all these star wars sets don't eventually end up mixed up in a big bin together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

I got a nice bonus at work today so I picked up 42022 (the technic hotrod) I don't usually get into technic, but I can honestly say I've never had so much fun building a set. All the details, including the working pistons and the drop top, had me wondering what the Christ I was building while I was doing it, and when it all came together I was like a kid on Christmas. I love cars, so I think I'm gonna go on a technic binge soon. My wallet hates money in it anyway.