Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, they're detachable. There's a shot of all three in front of the G-Lucifer on stands's.

I said don't just!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I hope out of any of the reco kits it's the one that sells well enough to get an MG. I think it's my favorite design from any gundam series now.

Like a slimmed down qubeley.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I hope out of any of the reco kits it's the one that sells well enough to get an MG. I think it's my favorite design from any gundam series now.

Like a slimmed down qubeley.

Actually, it's a Qubeley on steroids. Fucker is huge.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I've got a question for folks who keep up with the off-brand parts side of things (BlitzBlast? Taurus Oxford?) - is there a clear armor set for the PG Unicorn yet out on taobao or other sites? Or any other colors other than the standard pink? I'm getting my year end bonus and refund in and feel like splurging a little bit. I know there's one out there for the MG, and I think I've seen a photo of it on a PG. Much appreciated.

On an aside, please Bandai, give me a RE/100 Gran Masarai. It's so beautiful. :allears:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Vahtooch posted:

Would the best way to shiny up a MG strike freedoms inner frame sans air brush just be standard rattle cans?

There are a number of "gold chrome" spray paints available out there — none of which I can personally vouch for unfortunately — but they are pretty much your only option. The resulting finish is going to be more of a matte gold than anything resembling chrome, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

A lot of these are marketed as automotive paints, so be sure to test it on some leftover runners first to make sure it won't melt the gently caress out of your kit.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Well, here's something you don't see every day:

Scratch-built 1/100 ZMT-S33S Gottrlatan.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I got a Try Burning today, and it came with a couple cards for Duel Commander. Can I actually do anything with them or are they just trash?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Bimmi posted:

Well, here's something you don't see every day:

Scratch-built 1/100 ZMT-S33S Gottrlatan.

This owns in so many levels.

Ygmir
Jan 27, 2012

My Amazing Red Warrior came in the mail today, and I built it, and it the best thing ever.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Really minor thing: But I found out the easiest way to get the Turn A to hold its rifle in the cool guitar pose is to have only the top two of the fingers holding the grip, and the bottom two supporting it from the other side.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I've got a question for folks who keep up with the off-brand parts side of things (BlitzBlast? Taurus Oxford?) - is there a clear armor set for the PG Unicorn yet out on taobao or other sites? Or any other colors other than the standard pink? I'm getting my year end bonus and refund in and feel like splurging a little bit. I know there's one out there for the MG, and I think I've seen a photo of it on a PG. Much appreciated.

I hate quoting myself, but nobody really said anything about it, and I did find this, which google translate tells me is the clear frame option that I'm looking for? Maybe? I don't pretend to know Chinese.

Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with middleman taobao services? I know the fee and shipping will be a pain but I'm more worried about not getting my order. The main one I looked at doesn't seem to be allowing Paypal services right now, which makes me even more suspicious.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
As far as I know, that doesn't say anything about it being transparent. Just that it's a planned resin recast of PG Unicorn.

Wait a while I guess; Origin Time usually puts up more detailed pictures of what their products look like.

Also now that I look at their listings again, apparently they've gone from recreating MB Destiny's wings to its shield and gun. I wonder how long until they make the full thing?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
How do the old Perfect Grades hold up? It seems like they've gotta be pretty dated by now, I wonder if there's gonna be like, Perfect Grade Char's Zaku (Origin version)

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

How do the old Perfect Grades hold up? It seems like they've gotta be pretty dated by now, I wonder if there's gonna be like, Perfect Grade Char's Zaku (Origin version)

The only PG I've heard consistently high praise for is the Strike. I've heard the GP-01 is good, same with the Mk-II and 00 Raiser as long as the 0 Raiser is on a stand and the 00 is loving off somewhere else, like almost every other 00 Raiser kit. If the Unicorn does well, they may very well do a new mold of the RX-78, along with the usual regular and Char's Zaku II to celebrate either The Origin or in 4 years for the 40th anniversary.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

Engineering wise they're still neat, but the proportions are by and large a mess.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
They look really nice on a shelf, and the Zeta is still the best Zeta transformation, even if it's not the best-proportioned Zeta kit.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
saw this on the internet

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Has there ever been a HG or MG of the Mahiroo from Turn-A? It's probably the only MS design I like from that show that isn't a UC MS.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The only Turn A designs that have ever gotten kits are the titular mech, the Turn X, the Sumo, the Flat, and the Kapool.

And I guess technically the Borjanon, since, you know. Zaku.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

There was never a release of the MS-04 as featured in Developers, was there?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

The only Turn A designs that have ever gotten kits are the titular mech, the Turn X, the Sumo, the Flat, and the Kapool.

And I guess technically the Borjanon, since, you know. Zaku.

Don't forget the Kapool! (Since, you know, Capule. :v:)

That's sort of a shame, since the Mahiroo genuinely looks like a mobile suit and not some weird garbage polygonal abomination like the Flat or horrible kid toy like the WaD or WaDom. I have to admit the Turn-A has grown on me after watching the show and I'll probably make that my next MG.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

everythingWasBees posted:

I'm trying to see if there's a MSV release. If annything, I'd love to see the Developers story animated.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

everythingWasBees posted:

Correct. Manga-only designs aren't very commonly kitted, things like Gundam Thunderbolt and Astrays aside.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

http://www.hlj.com/product/kbykp-308
Looks like the Shin Getter from a few months back really was a model kit.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah! There's also a possessed mode Cybuster kit, but I'd have to measure the 1/144 one to know if it's non scale or not. It's 20cm to the head which sounds about right, but I'm not sure.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The WADOM is a way better design than all of the garbage gundamshape permutations that have been drafted since.

They only made little gachapon size things of it and that's a shame.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I like their run animation a lot.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Bimmi posted:

Correct. Manga-only designs aren't very commonly kitted, things like Gundam Thunderbolt and Astrays aside.

Ah. How's the MG Zaku 1 then.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Old as balls and about as far behind modern standards as something with the MG tag on it can possibly be. Dunno why they never updated it, real oversight if you ask me.

The Zaku I (Thunderbolt ver.) has got a similar feel to the MS-04, maybe check that out?

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Space Jahannam assembled and lined:

Pretty nice first kit, some of the mid-limb connectors were a pain in the rear end and the rear end-skirt is kinda floppy, the tiny teeny stickers for the sensor was a pain in the rear end too.

Gonna file that gun down some more, not exactly the best place for nubs to show up. On the plus side, this collection of tiny disposable nail files are kinda handy to work with.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Bimmi posted:

Old as balls and about as far behind modern standards as something with the MG tag on it can possibly be. Dunno why they never updated it, real oversight if you ask me.

I'm guessing we're liable to get a The Origin version at some point in the next six months, especially since they've already shown off some lineart of the Origin Zaku I.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'm guessing we're liable to get a The Origin version at some point in the next six months, especially since they've already shown off some lineart of the Origin Zaku I.

If they'll release an Origin version of the Zaku I, it'll be HG, not MG. They've already got a dedicated HG Origin line coming out soon.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I was wondering if you could, turns out you totally can.

The legal limit for beam saber effects parts.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Sharkopath posted:

If they're using a universal connector I bet you could fit a Crossbone Maoh or Crossbone Weapon backpack saber on there too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PoptartsNinja posted:

If they're using a universal connector I bet you could fit a Crossbone Maoh or Crossbone Weapon backpack saber on there too.

Just about every HG kit has universal connectors now. Part of the point of the All Gundam line was to get them all standardized. Chances are if you want to mash something to another, you can if it's newer than the Wing Gundam HG.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I was wondering if you could, turns out you totally can.

Not enough beam sabers.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Does the G-Lucifer not come with enough blades to have all it's beam sabers turned on at once?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

Does the G-Lucifer not come with enough blades to have all it's beam sabers turned on at once?

It comes with 3 of the thicker cannon ones, two beam sabers and then only 6 of the thicker ones for the funnels. I wonder if you can plug the Gaeon's sabers in the funnels too though, the combination looks really good either way. Kinda hope it could make it into the show proper.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Bimmi posted:

The Zaku I (Thunderbolt ver.) has got a similar feel to the MS-04, maybe check that out?

I was thinking more for conversion purposes than anything else.
That's a cool Zaku though. I'm tempted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Replace the beam rifle with one that can fit one of those beam bayonets, and give it a beam sabre in the other hand.