Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

GRRM knows true despair is best cut with a bit of hope and saw you teetering towards too much of the former:

http://www.avclub.com/article/george-r-r-martin-skipping-comic-con-actually-writ-216705

gently caress off rear end in a top hat

"After turning in a 5 year old draft I've tinkered with in order to fulfill the bare minimum of the book contract(and $$$ advances) my agent pointed out that unless I get off my fat rear end and start writing I would be sued by the publishing company"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I've got zero doubt that the joke inference by that article that GRRM really pulled out of SDCC was because it wasn't going to be cool is true.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
gently caress the Green Arrow. No Iron Man, no Gurm.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Someone compiled all of gurmys AFFC and ADWD "updates" and posted them in a /r/asoiaf thread about the mentioned updates and holy poo poo I can't imagine being a fan and reading those over 10 years. You guys are gluttons for punishment.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2zdmwm/no_spoilers_grrm_premature_celebration_is_always/cpi3nwm

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

GRRM knows true despair is best cut with a bit of hope and saw you teetering towards too much of the former:

http://www.avclub.com/article/george-r-r-martin-skipping-comic-con-actually-writ-216705

He also adds, “Should I complete and deliver Winds Of Winter before these cons roll round, I reserve the right to change my mind.” Presumably that excuse also holds true if it turns out Downey Jr. and Evans actually are going to Comic-Con. Or if they want to hang out whenever. Call him. He’d rather not be writing this dumb book anyway.

this.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
wtf is this son of kong crap?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Blind Sally posted:

DWD was a giant ugly monkey of a book that climbed up a vast edifice only to die pointlessly without achieving anything, and WOW will be the same thing only more so.

Duh.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
apparently he called ADWD King Kong because it was so big and huge (thats what she said gurmy), so TWOW is the Son of Kong.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Iron Lung posted:

apparently he called ADWD King Kong because it was so big and huge (thats what she said gurmy), so TWOW is the Son of Kong.

son of kong was loving terrible, and absolutely inferior to its predecessor. why the gently caress would--

LemonDrizzle posted:

DWD was a giant ugly monkey of a book that climbed up a vast edifice only to die pointlessly without achieving anything, and WOW will be the same thing only more so.

Duh.

oh right

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Blind Sally posted:

The unfinished asoiaf books are a monkey on his back.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Someone needs to tell him that for every Winds chapter he finishes, he gets to sit in on the casting of the actress for a topless role in the series.

Sweeten the pot by saying they might be under-age and they're going to be holding trenchers too.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Any loyal book fans that still yearn for the books to be completed I think may need to give up while they have the chance.

Because GRRM isn't rotting any slower and he still has 2 more uninspired books to write after this.

Benioff and Weiss win.

In my opinion.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Iron Lung posted:

Someone compiled all of gurmys AFFC and ADWD "updates" and posted them in a /r/asoiaf thread about the mentioned updates and holy poo poo I can't imagine being a fan and reading those over 10 years. You guys are gluttons for punishment.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2zdmwm/no_spoilers_grrm_premature_celebration_is_always/cpi3nwm

I've only been on since 2010. You'd think the hate would ebb but it really doesn't. It just lies fallow.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

kcroy posted:

He also adds, “Should I complete and deliver Winds Of Winter before these cons roll round, I reserve the right to change my mind.” Presumably that excuse also holds true if it turns out Downey Jr. and Evans actually are going to Comic-Con. Or if they want to hang out whenever. Call him. He’d rather not be writing this dumb book anyway.

this.

The fact he said that is at least slightly encouraging. Means he thinks there might be a small chance he finishes the book by July? Probably just a pipe dream but I doubt he'd even say that if he wasn't at least somewhat close to being done right?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

InFlames235 posted:

The fact he said that is at least slightly encouraging. Means he thinks there might be a small chance he finishes the book by July? Probably just a pipe dream but I doubt he'd even say that if he wasn't at least somewhat close to being done right?

Are we in the same thread?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Alternately: He really doesn't want HBO to overshadow him and make all the book readers realize just how worthless he is now.

InFlames235 posted:

lol

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

InFlames235 posted:

Grrm loves loving with his fans, hence one of his more popular nicknames from tt

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Evil Fluffy posted:

Alternately: He really doesn't want HBO to overshadow him

I know these books are popular and all but I don't think he's going to make enough to buy a time machine.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
He could hire authorbot to ghostwrite.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

InFlames235 posted:

The post-script of AFFC would like to have a word with you.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

InFlames235 posted:

heh. yeah. he will totally be done in time! Manuscript in July!

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Officially stoked. Really really stoked. This is just super. Hope my shoplifting sweatpants still fit. It's been a few years.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
lol, I was reading one of the asoiaf Reddit groups linked in here and they think that he's almost done cuz he's posting a lot on NAB after a long time of silence

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The only thing that GRRM will be finishing in July is 12 BBQ'd hogs, 157 fried chickens, 260 loaves of bread, 1000 litres of Cherry Coke, 2000 litres of Regular Coke, 500 litres of Diet Coke (he puts sugar in it before drinking), and he might stop jacking off to his own TV show long enough to complete a single page.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

InFlames235 posted:

Oh it will be done by July.

July 2032.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hunky Joe posted:

Oh it will be done by July.

July 2032.

:drat:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is there a Vegas prop bet on which comes out first, WoW or Half Life 3?

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

savinhill posted:

lol, I was reading one of the asoiaf Reddit groups linked in here and they think that he's almost done cuz he's posting a lot on NAB after a long time of silence

My girlfriend's brother told me he is pretty sure GRRM has the books basically finished and is just delaying releases to build hype. What do you even say to something like that?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

kcroy posted:

What do you even say to something like that?

X-pac heat is what I say to that

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

kcroy posted:

My girlfriend's brother told me he is pretty sure GRRM has the books basically finished and is just delaying releases to build hype. What do you even say to something like that?

There's really nothing to say to that - but either he has insider information we all lack, or is a bit of a moron.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What if Gaben and GRRM are the same person?

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

X-pac heat is what I say to that

I thought this was a sports team or something. Thanks for the rabbithole into tropes.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What if Gaben and GRRM are the same person?

Can't be. GRRM at least talks to the press.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
The book will be out in July, this is great news.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I've been out of this thread for awhile. I forgot how evil GRRM is and that he'll actually never finish the books :(

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state
Don't worry guys, the end is not far. It will bring a sense of peace and closure to everyone. By the time the last episode of the fifth season of Games of Thrones has aired it will be painfully obvious to *everyone* that the show has in fact surpassed the books.

On a side note, has anyone watched Harry S. Plinkett's Star Wars prequels reviews? There is a scene for the review of Attack of the Clones where he discusses how the laser sword is not a universally convenient weapon. He brings up a fat alien dude as an example along the phrase "and look at this clumsy, fat rear end in a top hat!" and for some reason every time a face of ultra-smug Gurm comes up in my mind.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

OhYeah posted:

Don't worry guys, the end is not far. It will bring a sense of peace and closure to everyone. By the time the last episode of the fifth season of Games of Thrones has aired it will be painfully obvious to *everyone* that the show has in fact surpassed the books.

On a side note, has anyone watched Harry S. Plinkett's Star Wars prequels reviews? There is a scene for the review of Attack of the Clones where he discusses how the laser sword is not a universally convenient weapon. He brings up a fat alien dude as an example along the phrase "and look at this clumsy, fat rear end in a top hat!" and for some reason every time a face of ultra-smug Gurm comes up in my mind.

Love those reviews so much.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

It's nice that someone's having a good time.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Arbite posted:

It's nice that someone's having a good time.

That's the best thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

OhYeah posted:

I avoid watching interviews and other videos with Gurm in them so I can keep imagining that he sounds like Plinkett. It's just so perfect.

"You want some pizza rolls?"