Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PAB wall had 1x1 trans green cylinders today, hell yeah I get to start swapping out all the busted rear end ones I have barely clinging to my classic space sets.

The "best for" label stuck on that bin was for the Friends line. Pfft screw you lego, those cylinders are classic space and everyone knows it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Man, I could use some of those! (And red, don't forget red!)

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Chris Knight posted:

Man, I could use some of those! (And red, don't forget red!)

I've got a bunch of those in red blue and purple from PAB, but never have seen neon green here in germany. :/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've seen neon green 2x2 cylinders, but never 1x1.

And yeah trans red 1x1's showed up last fall, I have a billion of those things now.

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Electromax posted:

I was just about to post about Throwbots and how much I loved them, bizarre to see them come up in the thread this morning anyway. Small world. This weekend I continued to go through unsorted Lego boxes and was able to separate pieces into a wide variety of 80s and 90s sets using tattered old instruction manuals.

One of the things I found was 6 little cases for these Throwbots.
http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Technic/subtheme-Slizer

I have pretty much every piece for all of them, except the most critical bit: the head piece. I'm seriously missing like all 6 of them. In Invictus's image up there you can see green/blue/red/black ones making up the feet.

Those parts aren't listed on Brickset, but I'm new to this so I don't know how to figure out the piece name or number or whatever to see if someone would have it on Bricklink (is that the place to go?). How do I figure out where to get replacements for those?

I love these little robots. They'll play nice with the hulkbuster I got last week as my first lego set in 15 years.

This is the head piece for Throwbots. Not sure what you're referencing from Invictus—the image he posted shouldn't contain any of these (they're not in many Bionicle sets). If you're not familiar with Bricklink, you can click the "24 Sets (View Them)" link to see every set the part comes in and click the (Inv) link next to a set's name to view its entire inventory if you want to see what other parts it contains.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

This is the head piece for Throwbots. Not sure what you're referencing from Invictus—the image he posted shouldn't contain any of these (they're not in many Bionicle sets). If you're not familiar with Bricklink, you can click the "24 Sets (View Them)" link to see every set the part comes in and click the (Inv) link next to a set's name to view its entire inventory if you want to see what other parts it contains.

Cool, thanks.

I guess the pic up there is different, never had Bionicle but I knew the Throwbots could be put together power rangers-style to make one big bot and the head pieces formed limbs. At a glance thought it was the same:

Don't know how I lost all those and only those pieces. I'm thinking some super-bot got lost in the trash 15 years ago with some other extraneous Technic blocks.

I was able to collect pieces from my box (with help from the crazy Lego inventory sites) to resurrect:
King's Mountain Fortress, 1990
Hospital, 1987
Android Base, 1996
Forbidden Island, 1989
Sphinx Secret Surprise, 1998
King's Carriage, 1995
Prisoner Convoy, 1985

The sorting continues.

Electromax fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 17, 2015

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

xzzy posted:

The "best for" label stuck on that bin was for the Friends line. Pfft screw you lego, those cylinders are classic space and everyone knows it.

Yeah, sometimes I'm not sure what the marketing team is thinking when they have us do that.

Meanwhile, I've discovered that the Six-Shooter Housing piece would be very useful for spaceship engines, but the part's not been added to the LDD yet :arghfist::(

Neurion fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 17, 2015

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Electromax posted:

I was able to collect pieces from my box (with help from the crazy Lego inventory sites) to resurrect:
King's Mountain Fortress, 1990
Hospital, 1987
Android Base, 1996
Forbidden Island, 1989
Sphinx Secret Surprise, 1998
King's Carriage, 1995
Prisoner Convoy, 1985

The sorting continues.

Man, I kinda miss the custom-made baseplate things like in the Mountain Fortress or Sphinx sets. It was a good way to make a small set seem way bigger than it actually was.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hey I have that Sphinx set on top of my wardrobe right now, along with the Spyrius Lunar Launch Site (6959).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Those molded baseplates are bullshit because you can't stack them with ANYTHING and they take an enormous amount of space for no good reason. They never should have grown bigger than the classic space crater plates (and even the crater plates are pushing it)

I inherited a couple of the special baseplates from my wife's brother, not sure what sets they came from but they're from the 90's and had to have come from the pirate or desert adventures sets. Those fuckers have their very own box back in the corner because they make me grumpy whenever they get in my way.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

I have a mountain baseplate I modded a lord of the rings set into a pretty sweet fortress on it. I've since taken it apart and my son uses it as a slide for his minifigures.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Good lord that's hideous.

eltoozero
Jun 5, 2003
The Most Pop-tastic Man of Action.
Going back through my poo poo it was Throwbots where my dark times started.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

eltoozero posted:

Going back through my poo poo it was Throwbots where my dark times started.

I distinctly remember the same.

To be honest it was also the beginning of a dark time for LEGO as a company. I hope they never go back to all that terrible cyber kitsch.

Fake edit:
:v:

Except those sets are actually cool

Electrophotonic fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 18, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, Throwbots and Roboriders were a mess for the company, while we did get a few great pieces out of those lines, specifically these four:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32310
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32307
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32165
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32177

which are great for MOC-making, the rest was dogshit. It wasn't until they created an actual world and storyline for Bionicle that it really stuck with people, Roboriders and Throwbots didn't have any sort of story besides "vaguely robotic things fight each other!!"

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

LEGO iPhone 6 Dock by David Galletly, on Flickr

Brought a wee pile of my old Lego back from my parents' house when I visited at the weekend to make a little iPhone dock for my desk. It was a bit of a frustrating build because I hadn't quite grabbed enough bricks and had to compromise on lots of things. Pretty pleased with the wee system I made for holding the connector, though. This thing doesn't budge.

The flowers and parrot are a bit much but I was enjoying myself.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Tenterhooks posted:

The flowers and parrot are a bit much

You must be new here...

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:
I did something similar with a guitar distortion pedal

I need to sort out some doors for the 9v battery compartment though, at the moment it's external

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Swung by Ikea today and got some nice storage for sets and MOCs. Need to do some cable management still but you get the idea.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

Crap. I think I'm addicted. After putting together the Ghost, I went and bought the Phantom for it, a Star Destroyer, the AT-DP, SW Rebels Speeder Bikes, Hulkbuster, Batcopter, and I'm REAL tempted to go get a JLA Javelin and AT-AT. I need to stop.

Daaku Shinsei fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Mar 20, 2015

eltoozero
Jun 5, 2003
The Most Pop-tastic Man of Action.
Star Wars at the bottom, where it belongs.

Also, Model Team. :seks:

I have the Model Team yellow jeep that actually came with a fabuland shovel.

Those sets own everything made since and a total loss TLG doesn't have any current non-technic non-star wars non-maresk "big boy" sets.

The big-rig has been on my want list for maybe too long...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Daaku Shinsei posted:

Crap. I think I'm addicted. After putting together the Ghost, I went and bought the Phantom for it, a Star Destroyer, the AT-DP, SW Rebels Speeder Bikes, Hulkbuster, Batcopter, and I'm REAL tempted to go get a JLA Javelin and AT-AT. I need to stop.

Grab the power armor ideas set before it goes out of production. If nothing else, you can sell it for a mint later if you don't like it.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

^^^^ I bought the same shelves literally the day before, and I too put the AT-AT at the bottom and the Exo Suit at the top. I don't know what that to read into that . It's a shame the shelves are slightly too small for classic space flagships, might get a Fabrikör for those.

Hanging some ships/aircraft from fishing line in between the shelves might make for some cool mini dioramas, as well as mini disasters waiting to happen.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I really do need to go get some Detolfs. Probably 3-4, 1-2 for Lego, 1-2 for everything else.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Electrophotonic posted:

^^^^ I bought the same shelves literally the day before, and I too put the AT-AT at the bottom and the Exo Suit at the top. I don't know what that to read into that . It's a shame the shelves are slightly too small for classic space flagships, might get a Fabrikör for those.

Hanging some ships/aircraft from fishing line in between the shelves might make for some cool mini dioramas, as well as mini disasters waiting to happen.

I do wish they would hold Benny's Spaceship, and some other bigger sets but the Fabrikor was out of my price range.

I will be hanging the Model Team chopper and some other stuff though!

eltoozero posted:

Those sets own everything made since and a total loss TLG doesn't have any current non-technic non-star wars non-maresk "big boy" sets.

What? There's the modular buildings, some of the bigger creator stuff, the tumbler and helicarrier, and all the Lego ideas stuff like Ecto 1 and many more. And the London Bridge and Opera House. And that's without even checking the Lego website! I'd argue it's never been a better time for big-boy sets.

pbpancho fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 20, 2015

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
What might this be?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Please let it be a new F1 technic set.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
An Alien Landmine?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Wouldn't that be the Kwik-E-Mart?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

It is the Kwik-E-Mart, dude at the Bellevue store told me that when he put the calendar in my bag last week

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Oh good call, I was wracking my brain trying to think of the next big set, and I kept coming back to the Doctor Who set, but we've not seen anything of that yet

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Speaking of displaying sets what does every one do for large ships like Spaceship x3? Besides taking a lot of area sitting flat on a shelf they aren't as interesting to look at generally from that angle.

I was able to make a decent stand for my Sith Fury Class Interceptor ( this'n: http://brickset.com/sets/9500-1/Sith-Fury-class-Interceptor ) but it took quite a bit of messing around to build an armature that fit it just right to make it stand in a semi-angled position with any stability.

Any suggestions?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Get a baseplate, a bunch of same-colored bricks, and build a stand for it to be zooming in at an angle. Use Bionicle ball-socket limbs if you have to to achieve proper swoosh angles.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really wish ships would all come with pieces for a stand, at least bigger ones above a certain price. They have to know that a ton of these licensed set are ending up on the shelves of nerds and not just the hands of children at this point. They wouldn't need to be as elaborate as the UCS stands or anything.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Included stands are dumb, if you want a stand, make your own. It's the entire point of lego. :colbert:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I managed to get Benny's Spaceship for $60... as well as the Simpsons House and Bad Cop Car Chase for 10-20% off too :haw:

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Alabaster White posted:

I managed to get Benny's Spaceship for $60... as well as the Simpsons House and Bad Cop Car Chase for 10-20% off too :haw:

I caved and got spaceship x3 for 60 today as well.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

anotherblownsave posted:

I caved and got spaceship x3 for 60 today as well.

where was this? I'd pick up some extras at 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Oh man, Slizer's and original Bionicles. :allears:
I do know I combined http://brickset.com/sets/8521-1/ and http://brickset.com/sets/8534-1 into an awesome winged warrior thing.