Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

So out of curiosity, is there any way to get any of the P-Bandai exclusive stuff in Europe? I imagine there are some retailers who will resell them.

I ended up getting the Astraea conversion parts from eBay. Paid way over the odds, but it's sooo good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Just noticed my order confirmation for my latest package had 11 000 yen rather than 8X00ish, and I discovered I accidentally ordered two Marasai, whoups (something about Hobby Search site makes it way too easy to add to current order when clicking around :v:). Too late to cancel.

Luckily the Marasai is loving sweet, so sorry wallet, you'll have to take one for the team.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Beware when buying off Hobbylocus from hong kong. He ships in paper and bubblewrap. I had a Scopedog Turbo arrive today and the box was squashed. The runners are all fine thankfully.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I don't know what I was expecting, but god drat the PG FA Unicorn tanks are huge.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Oh hey, somebody uploaded a clean version of the MC Xi Gundoom's boxart.

I really wish more people would do this. The words are nice and all, but I like the clean images more.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Not Gundam related, but still robot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCnGxXpIR3I&t=71s

A dude found a 3D render of a character from a video game, broke it down into parts, used a 3D printer to create those parts, then wired up LED's to basically create his own custom model kit.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

poo poo, I'm gonna get it as soon as it pops on GK. Probably not an MG DX, though. Because my Nu ver. Ka funnel expansion needs a buddy.

...I really need to get a Nu ver. Ka one of these days....

...and an MG X and DX....

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I picked up what I thought was a standard 1/144 NG of Duel Gundam and holy poo poo this kit has all of six polycaps. It doesn't even have elbow or knee joints.
Like this was a 2002 kit apparently what was going on with this.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

I picked up what I thought was a standard 1/144 NG of Duel Gundam and holy poo poo this kit has all of six polycaps. It doesn't even have elbow or knee joints.

Yeeeeeeeah... The 1/144 NGs were garbage even by their standards. There were No Grades that cost all of 5 bucks in a store like the Advance Grades and then the High Grades which are about as good as Wing era NGs.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

TARDISman posted:

Yeeeeeeeah... The 1/144 NGs were garbage even by their standards. There were No Grades that cost all of 5 bucks in a store like the Advance Grades and then the High Grades which are about as good as Wing era NGs.

How easy would it be to get something like whatever grade of god gundam was released over here when G was airing? I'm kinda curious to rebuild one as a memento sort of deal since I think that was the first I ever built as a kid.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

How easy would it be to get something like whatever grade of god gundam was released over here when G was airing? I'm kinda curious to rebuild one as a memento sort of deal since I think that was the first I ever built as a kid.

They seem to reprint very occasionally, but I know the Shining Gundam got a restock recently so you might have luck?

Is this the boxart?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I mean I'm sure you can find one if you can figure out what model it was, especially if you're willing to look at japanese sites.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I just put together an NG GunEZ today and already hate NGs as a whole, even if they advanced since the 90's. I really want to make GBFT's Gunblastor Custom but it's going to be barely posable and probably look like crap anyway.
Hell, I looked at the Gunblastor I have and the red cockpit is a sticker.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

dogsicle posted:

I just put together an NG GunEZ today and already hate NGs as a whole, even if they advanced since the 90's. I really want to make GBFT's Gunblastor Custom but it's going to be barely posable and probably look like crap anyway.
Hell, I looked at the Gunblastor I have and the red cockpit is a sticker.

They're cheap and they have a lot of weird poo poo that never got a proper model, but they are vastly inferior to HGs. Like, ridiculously so for a lot of them.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

They seem to reprint very occasionally, but I know the Shining Gundam got a restock recently so you might have luck?

Is this the boxart?

I don't even remember, it's been so long but I think it was definitely from that period where they were putting them in regular store shelves with new art and everything. It might have even just been a toy but I definitely remember building the feet and stuff, and how easy they would fall apart sometimes.

On the other hand I found what I think was an imported sd kit I got from a baseball card shop around the same time.

Neato.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Also neato: I guess they're doing a new HG release of whatever that robot is supposed to be. Hmm.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

Also neato: I guess they're doing a new HG release of whatever that robot is supposed to be. Hmm.

V-Dash. And yeah it looks real cool.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

V-Dash. And yeah it looks real cool.

It looks like those big huge ugly mobile armor type of gundams but pared down into a size and shape that's actually manageable and cool looking.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

It looks like those big huge ugly mobile armor type of gundams but pared down into a size and shape that's actually manageable and cool looking.

I'm pretty sure it's also ridiculously tiny, since it's a Late UC suit.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

They're doing V-Dash in a little under a month I believe and V2 Assault (that SD) in either April or May.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

The NG SEED line are literally the worst NGs ever made. They are terrible. And that is saying something considering the 1980's NGs exist. They make the NG 1/144 G Gundam kits look like works of loving art.

Sharkopath posted:

It'll be a little rough, but it looks like HLJ will be restocking it in a month or so. You're still better off with the HGFC, though. The NG has ALL THE SEAM LINES in ALL THE PLACES.

I'd link my painted one, but flickr is being a dick.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

TARDISman posted:

They're doing V-Dash in a little under a month I believe and V2 Assault (that SD) in either April or May.

All the V-suits look the same to me. :v:
In that they all kinda merge into a really fast looking gundam with a yellow chest v and it's really cool looking.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

V-Dash is already out. I think it's around 4 inches tall?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

dogsicle posted:

V-Dash is already out actually. I think it's around 4 inches tall?

I think the Miss Sazabi has ruined me on what I perceive the scales of most HGs to be.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
V Dash is out, and V2 Assault Buster is what's coming out soon. Which is what that SD is, so yeah.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Wait apparently the one I thought was the v-dash is actually the v2 so I guess the right gundam but I called it the wrong name.
Those names should be switched.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I think the Miss Sazabi has ruined me on what I perceive the scales of most HGs to be.

I'm still at the point where I have yet to realize all HGs are "small" compared to what I expect/want. I haven't built anything bigger scale and usually don't check in-universe heights so that's probably part of it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Imagine trying to build an HG with the articulate hands of an MG.

Maximum horror.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I spent more time figuring out the proper technique to keep all the fingers together before snapping the hand than anything else when building that Turn A.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Pictures from AnimeJapan 2015 confirm:

The HG Tryon 3 is a combiner

You're welcome.

e: Moved the images over to imgur; dread to think what GundamGuy is like with hotlinks.

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Mar 21, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
You might want to rehost those yourself, DigitalRaven.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Allow me to fix exactly how you should have posted those pictures:

Sora Tryon!

Umi Tryon!

Riku Tryon!

Let's Try On!

Tryon 3!

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

For what it's worth, one of my local stores in Australia gets in some of the webshop stuff. Last time I visited they even had the Seraph Feathers for the RG Wing Custom, so its not impossible to get.

Which store is this? The p-bandai parts for the wrong honoo are pretty sick.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You might want to rehost those yourself, DigitalRaven.

Good point. Moved them to imgur.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vahtooch posted:

Which store is this? The p-bandai parts for the wrong honoo are pretty sick.

It's a little store in Melbourne called One Stop Anime. Last time I went they had the Stark Jegan, RG Build Strike and Seraph Feathers. They were about $70AU each though. Pretty sure they get the magazines in with the bonus parts in too.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I was being smart and responsible a few weeks back and waited until I knew how much my tax rebate would be, I know that now.
The Euro has been in a downfall lately and I get 20% less plastic robots for my money now. :negative:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
No new Master Grade at this latest event, which means that we've got just two MGs – one of them a variant – to show for the first 6 months of 2015.

Not a very encouraging sign.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bimmi posted:

No new Master Grade at this latest event, which means that we've got just two MGs – one of them a variant – to show for the first 6 months of 2015.

Not a very encouraging sign.

What about the Grey Wolf and Red Snake Zetas?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
OLEs and special-finish items don't generally count as regular releases.

Fact is, if you count the DX there've only been 6 new MGs in the last 12 months, including two variants and one that's not even a robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

To be fair, there's 3, Dark Matter, Double X and Hyaku Shiki 2.0. Also, they're sharing with RE-1/100 right now, which has the Gundam Mk-III and GP-04 in the first six months.