Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Doctor Spaceman posted:

That's essentially how the scene in 2001 looks, since the floor is illuminated

That screenshot is full of shadows precisely because the floor is illuminated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

oddium posted:

That screenshot is full of shadows precisely because the floor is illuminated
There are shadows there but they're in weird spots, so everything looks almost like it's floating rather than touching the ground. The shot where he's in bed looking at the monolith is even clearer in that regard.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I thought Jason Statham's transporter was the most highly-skilled transporter money can buy, but I guess I was wrong! It's actually this guy.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I can't get over the name Wings Hauser.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dick Trauma posted:

This is a dream team of '80s shlock. Even has Brion James in it!

EDIT: Oh god there's more! This could be George Kennedy's "Mitchell."

It is, but with zombie mutants.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm not gonna like, that 2001 poster looks stupid as poo poo. Way too busy for the simple idea it's trying to convey.

The way complicated "I just got Illustrator!" imace trace look really, really fights the intentionally stripped-down minimalism of the set and the movie.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
He's Cole Hauser's dad, and also has a daughter named Bright. :iiam:

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Dick Trauma posted:

This is a dream team of '80s shlock. Even has Brion James in it!

EDIT: Oh god there's more! This could be George Kennedy's "Mitchell."

It's not, I've seen this movie with the Rifftrax (which is availible on Hulu, so you should check it out). George Kennedy plays a minor role, and spectacularly dies roughly halfway through.

Evil Mastermind posted:

It is, but with zombie mutants.

To be nitpicky, this is more true of Mutant. Nightmare at Noon is a 'remake' of Mutant made four years later, with both films starring Wings Hauser and Bo Hopkins.

The nitpicky part is that Mutant has a definite zombie mutants (they act like traditional zombies, but also excrete acid from their hands), Nightmare at Noon has people going into homicidal rampages (but they have no interest their victims after simply killing them), but also makes them super durable and bleed green blood (but at least one infected simply recovers after being restrained for about a day).

Okay, I'm done nitpicking. It's still really bizarre that someone decides to remake some random B horror film after four years, and then use the exact same two lead actors in slightly modified roles. There's also a Rifftrax of Mutant (not up on Hulu, though), which makes for an amazing/surreal double feature.

Paper Kaiju fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 20, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

fatherboxx posted:

Such a shame, considering that Tomer Hanuka is usually pretty drat great

(none of these are great posters, mind)

When i think 2001 I think sensual gothic.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There's an idea in here that's not bad about using the iconography of the movie in an interesting way, but instead it comes across as textbook "THINGS FROM THE MOVIE GUISE"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

mind the walrus posted:

There's an idea in here that's not bad about using the iconography of the movie in an interesting way, but instead it comes across as textbook "THINGS FROM THE MOVIE GUISE"

All the motifs from the movie just piled up under the Christmas tree. It's stupid.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Blaming almost thirty years of cinematic poo poo on the fact that he was at least partly responsible for the deaths of three people, including two children? That sounds interesting as hell.

It'll be heralded as "Falling down for the Twitter generation".

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Famous actors questionable last roles. In the event that their last role was animated I'll also list their last live action role.

Jimmy Stewart

Gene Kelly

Orson Welles

Don Knotts

Marlon Brando

[b]Bela Lugosi

[b]Sean Connery

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sean Connery only did Sir Billi because it was Scotland's first CG animated film and he's all about that national pride.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Nckdictator posted:

Marlon Brando

Marlon Brando recorded dialogue for the game but to my knowledge none of it actually made it into the final product because Brando's respirator made the actual recordings so low-quality that they were unusable.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Sleeveless posted:

Marlon Brando recorded dialogue for the game but to my knowledge none of it actually made it into the final product because Brando's respirator made the actual recordings so low-quality that they were unusable.

Yeah, figured i'd post it anyways seeing as it's -to my knowledge- the last major actor to do his last work for a video game (even if it wasn't used in game)

Oh wait.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I love the story about how big of a prick he was on the set of The Score.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

ruddiger posted:

Brando doesn't have to wear pants if he doesn't want to.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

ruddiger posted:

You got a link to this? I would like to know more.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Goldskull posted:

You got a link to this? I would like to know more.

I think even Frank Oz has talked about it. He kept referring to Oz as 'Miss Piggy' and didn't allow himself to be directed by him. So DeNiro shot all of Brando's scenes.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's amazing how well that movie turned out considering you had Brando and Norton on the same set during their biggest "I'm a legendary douchebag" phases. I feel bad for Frank and Bobby.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
I'm late on this, but the typography in that SPECTRE poster is boss as gently caress.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nckdictator posted:

Famous actors questionable last roles. In the event that their last role was animated I'll also list their last live action role.

Gene Kelly

What's also interesting about this is Kelly is reprising the role he played in "Cover Girl" with Rita Hayworth.

schwenz posted:

I'm late on this, but the typography in that SPECTRE poster is boss as gently caress.

It looks like the "C" is on his shirt, and it has a wrinkle in it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DrVenkman posted:

I think even Frank Oz has talked about it. He kept referring to Oz as 'Miss Piggy' and didn't allow himself to be directed by him. So DeNiro shot all of Brando's scenes.

Also Brando refused to learn his lines and instead wore an earpiece and had someone feed him his lines as they came up in a scene.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
You know from that list Jimmy Stewart did pretty well for his last role compared to everyone else.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Naw, Gene Kelly did better because Cats Don't Dance actually survives intact after being watched as an adult without the nostalgia filter on.

Anyway, Marlon Brando's list is missing this impressively awkward thing.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Rahonavis posted:

Anyway, Marlon Brando's list is missing this impressively awkward thing.

Michael looks creepier than Billy Drago in that video, which is an achievement of it's own.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

This has always bugged me. That Alligator is not an important character, why is he on the poster?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I thought Jason Statham's transporter was the most highly-skilled transporter money can buy, but I guess I was wrong! It's actually this guy.

What's in the package??

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ralepozozaxe posted:

This has always bugged me. That Alligator is not an important character, why is he on the poster?

Hollywood doesn't give a poo poo about how long something is in the movie. Does it make a cool poster? Put it on the poster

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hollywood doesn't give a poo poo about how long something is in the movie. Does it make a cool poster? Put it on the poster

That one is cheating because the guy just looks like that normally.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Its a reboot, which is part of this bizarre push to turn it into a franchise.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I felt cheated when he only appeared for like two minutes in the whole movie. The coolest looking model/person they could find and they couldn't keep him at least as a background character.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

Hey guys, I found the soundtrack for the next Bond pic!

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sleeveless posted:

I remember they were able to use the dialogue for the scene when he was in the hospital after getting shot because he was supposed to sound weak and infirm there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The goofiest part of The Godfather game is that they got rights for everyone's image but Pacino.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

It's like, a metaphor for freedom or something.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That bird is just not very pleased about the whole being on fire part.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Veronica Lake

quote:

Lake plays Dr. Elaine Frederick, a mad scientist working on developing maggots that prefer human flesh, while her services are used to make a clone of Adolf Hitler. She cooperates with the plan to resurrect Hitler as a way of exacting revenge for the death of her parents, political prisoners executed in a concentration camp. While convincing everyone the flesh-eating maggots are for regeneration research, she simply wants to throw them in the resurrected Hitler's face, which she does.

That's not convoluted at all!

Ingrid Bergman

Gregory Peck

Listed his last acting role, last narrating role, and a posthumous documentary

Charlton Heston
Last vocal role and last TV role where he did not play "Himself"

John Wayne

Mae West

http://www.avclub.com/article/insert-double-entendre-here-case-file-10-isextette-70086

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoCRgcKqb8M

The Marx Brothers
Last movie to feature all 3 of them. Also,that's one hell of a cast.

Dennis Hopper

Leslie Nielsen

Nckdictator fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nckdictator posted:

Dennis Hopper

This might be the most depressing one.