Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
From what I recall of AP Euro History, the Polish nobility selected their king based on the first guy to be carried out of the room where they were making the decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

They traditionally preferred foreigners for kings. They'd protect the country for their crown but would theoretically have no stake in the local power politics as an actual Pole would have by default.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

What could possibly go wrong in a Horimiya chapter titled "Murderous Desires".

I feel like I'm rolling dice and consulting an arcane table whenever a new chapter comes out.

"Oh, you rolled a 3, a 4, and a 6? Then... the chapter only lightly highlights the less healthy parts of their relationship, is still cute, and has a terrifying name."

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

New chapter of Kimi no Todoke:

Nothing happened but at least Sawako was in it a bit, guess.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Nate RFB posted:

What could possibly go wrong in a Horimiya chapter titled "Murderous Desires".

Horimiya has done pretty much nothing to endear me to Hori recently. They should just focus on her awesome friend and Ishikawa instead.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bokura no Hentai is really bumming me out. Those poor kids have to deal with such heavy poo poo :ohdear:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The recent episode of Kamisama Kiss actually start addressing stuff with Nanami's parents, it's been so long since that was mentioned I figured it was just for the set-up and was never going to get talked about again. There's only one episode left so I'm really going to have to pick up reading the manga now.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Most of what the anime covers follows the manga pretty closely but there was a character left entirely out who is introduced with the shikigami stuff before Nanami goes to Izumo so if you decide to read the manga I'd recommend rereading the parts that season 2 covers because she's a pretty good character.

Edit: tbh I think it's worthwhile to read the manga from the beginning; I re-read up to volume 15 or so recently and there are some little things you miss out on that don't get animated even though the broad strokes are very close.

editx2: just finished that episode myself and looks like from the preview it isn't going to cover the end of Volume 11 which is a shame, I was kinda hoping it would squeeze in that part but it's wrapping up at a good place regardless. Hope they make another season of it :kimchi:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 25, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

New chapter of Kimi no Todoke:

Nothing happened but at least Sawako was in it a bit, guess.

I thought it was a very cute chapter. Sleepy Kazehaya! Sawako in glasses! The bittersweet passage of time!

Oh, and if anyone missed it Akiko Higashimura won the Manga Taisho Award.

quote:

Higashimura began the series in the debut issue of Cocohana, the relaunch of Shueisha's women's magazine Chorus, in November 2011. She ended the manga in January, and Shueisha is shipping the fifth and final compiled volume on Wednesday.

Unlike many other manga prizes which are chosen by the editors of the manga publishers themselves, the Manga Taisho nominating committee is mostly composed of the bookstore staffers who are in charge of their respective stores' manga sections. (The official English name of the awards is the "Cartoon Grand Prize.") The awards are also limited to works published last year with eight or less volumes to promote relatively newer works. The committee nominated 14 works this year.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 25, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

New side chapter of Stretch, it's short but pretty cute.

a kitten posted:

I thought it was a very cute chapter. Sleepy Kazehaya! Sawako in glasses! The bittersweet passage of time!

Probably giving it a harder time than it deserves because I'm still kind of fed up of the whole thing at the moment.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I gave up on Kimi no Todoke long ago, at least Ao Haru Ride had the decency to just end.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Stretch is always cute. Even short chapters are eagerly devoured. I think my favorite part of their developing relationship (?) is how Keiko begins stretching on her own without Ran around.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dunno if anyone is following 3D Girlfriend but it's had several recent updates and resolved some dumb love triangle business. Tsutsui's mom is still my favorite character and I wish they'd spend more time at his house so she can give him more grief.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I have decided that I really enjoy Last Game, but only because I have decided that it is a love story about a girl suffering from high-functioning autism spectrum stuff. This makes it all make far, far more sense to me.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Everything Burrito posted:

Dunno if anyone is following 3D Girlfriend but it's had several recent updates and resolved some dumb love triangle business. Tsutsui's mom is still my favorite character and I wish they'd spend more time at his house so she can give him more grief.
It's ok. I hope the cat ears boy does well.

Oh yeah it's time to get heavy with a new Pochamani http://www.mangahere.co/manga/pochamani/c019/
Love that new girl.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Man and a new Boukyaku no Shirushi to Hime just dropped. Cute and brutal.
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/boukyaku_no_shirushi_to_hime/c005/

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

coathat posted:

Man and a new Boukyaku no Shirushi to Hime just dropped. Cute and brutal.
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/boukyaku_no_shirushi_to_hime/c005/

i think this comic is about as shoujo as I can tolerate but I like it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the upper shoujo limit horizon

coathat
May 21, 2007

There is no limit

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

More (?) volume 2 extras from Stretch
http://bato.to/read/_/312731/stretch_v2_chextra_by_boon-scanlation/2

Let's learn muscle groups!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New chapter of Koisuru Harinezumi :allears:

I need to figure out where I left off with Pochamani; it doesn't get uploaded on the sites I usually use so I miss the updates.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Everything Burrito posted:

New chapter of Koisuru Harinezumi :allears:

I need to figure out where I left off with Pochamani; it doesn't get uploaded on the sites I usually use so I miss the updates.

Pages 22 and onward were great. Seriously, I think this is the first shoujo I've read that had the "Oh, it was me who did it" misunderstanding cleared up that simply :lol:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It really was fantastic. Leading into it it was obvious he was going to do something but I was not expecting that at all.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
:byodame: "...What do you think about me?"
:) "You use too much perfume. Also, you're a bitch."

:lol:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
:drat: I've never seen a guy protagonist cut to the chase so quickly

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Ouji ga Watashi o Akiramenai!

This series is a new hyper-aware parody of the usual shoujo tropes, and it's the greatest. :allears:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
That looks amazing, I'm sold.

edit: I just lost it at the "YOU CAN'T SEE THE BACKGROUND ANYMORE" dialogue bubble

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I read it earlier tonight and it looks pretty funny so far. I'm not sure how completely on board I am because things that are silly all the time get tedious to me very quickly, but I figured I'd give it another chapter or two at least.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yes we can

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Nondevor posted:

Ouji ga Watashi o Akiramenai!

This series is a new hyper-aware parody of the usual shoujo tropes, and it's the greatest. :allears:

....sold, and bookmarked.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I don't believe The Flower and the Star has been mentioned here, but it's a cute, funny two-volume yuri piece with some great expressions that I recently read through and enjoyed.

Sawako Hanai used to be an up-and-coming table-tennis player, until the day an icily beautiful girl from another school absolutely demolished her and killed her enthusiasm for the sport. She begins high-school, trying to forget all about it, only to be greeted on her very first day by the girl in question, Kasuga Hoshino. Hoshino is still as intimidatingly perfect (and just plain intimidating) as ever, and seems dead set on ruining Hanai's life all over again.

As it turns out, though, Hoshino is in fact an isolated, sweet-natured space-case, has a giant crush on Hanai, and can't for the life of her figure out why the other girl keeps getting so flustered around her. You can see where this is going...

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I started 87-Clockers last night since I was a fan of Nodame Cantabile...what a weird manga it is. I like the art and the characters seem interesting, but the actual overclocking is totally mystifying to me. It isn't as easy a subject to understand as being a concert pianist, that's for sure.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Darth Walrus posted:

I don't believe The Flower and the Star has been mentioned here, but it's a cute, funny two-volume yuri piece with some great expressions that I recently read through and enjoyed.

Sawako Hanai used to be an up-and-coming table-tennis player, until the day an icily beautiful girl from another school absolutely demolished her and killed her enthusiasm for the sport. She begins high-school, trying to forget all about it, only to be greeted on her very first day by the girl in question, Kasuga Hoshino. Hoshino is still as intimidatingly perfect (and just plain intimidating) as ever, and seems dead set on ruining Hanai's life all over again.

As it turns out, though, Hoshino is in fact an isolated, sweet-natured space-case, has a giant crush on Hanai, and can't for the life of her figure out why the other girl keeps getting so flustered around her. You can see where this is going...

The Flower and the Star is great and should be on the same recommended yuri reading list as Girlfriends, Sasameki Koto, Aoi Hana, etc. I've mentioned it a couple of times but either no-one ever tries it or never says that they have. :colbert:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think people mention it because it was super short and ended a million years ago when it should've kept going after the characters got together.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 30, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, I remembered it being longer than that, it really did need to keep going.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Huh, I remembered it being longer than that, it really did need to keep going.
I read it and liked it but yeah, short. Did the author do anything else?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A couple of seinen manga that haven't been translated is all I can see.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=13124

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I know I'm probably behind on this but I finally gave up on 14-sai no Koi. The comments are the worst though, does no-one see how loving creepy that teacher looks in every god drat panel she's in?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

kissmanga comments

what where you expecting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010