Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

nooneofconsequence posted:

No, in the book Rattleshirt died screaming "I'm not Mance! It's a trick!" In the show, Mance gave a speech about dying honorably and then went quietly to his own horribly painful death. Why the gently caress would Rattleshirt, or anyone else, do that?

Ahh I forgot that part, I guess I only remember the broad strokes of adwd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

No, in the book Rattleshirt died screaming "I'm not Mance! It's a trick!" In the show, Mance gave a speech about dying honorably and then went quietly to his own horribly painful death. Why the gently caress would Rattleshirt, or anyone else, do that?

It played the way they've written for Tormund. All that dumb bullshit with 'take her north it's where she belongs' matches up to the very last lines. The prison scene was still Mance.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Brienne, Sansa, Littlefinger and Podrick walk into a bar

Ouch!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Forced perspective ahoy, but drat Brienne is a big woman

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

General Bullshit › GoT Thread: Arya Goes blind, Bran becomes a tree, Catelyn is a zombie, Jon dies

Guys we're slipping. They also have the Dany poo poo scene in the OP, probably because they couldn't fit it in the title.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kavak posted:

General Bullshit › GoT Thread: Arya Goes blind, Bran becomes a tree, Catelyn is a zombie, Jon dies

Guys we're slipping. They also have the Dany poo poo scene in the OP, probably because they couldn't fit it in the title.

It'll be funny when none of those things happen in the show and the show is better for it.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Kavak posted:

god bless gbs, doing gods work

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

http://gfycat.com/SparseLeadingJumpingbean

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
Hey! Just popping in to say Dani is a Blackfyre.

Blackfyre house sigil:

Bam!

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Just finished the 2nd episode. So they uh, they really just completely copy+pasted Robb Stark's thing with the Karstark's with Danaerys didn't they? Thats...thats really weird.

Jaime deciding to go to Dorne felt like a videogame mission briefing or something. I'll second people saying everything feels pushed to the extremes and parodies of themselves. Any pretense of subtlety is gone. All the interactions are...weird and hollow and lack engagement? Especially the Dorne stuff.

I like that Winterfell has the Bolton sigil on it. I...like that Bronn is in it.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Maybe I'm just overly optimistic to see Ciaran Hinds come back but after watching that last scene 2-3 times I've managed to convince myself it could still be the same bait and switch from the books and we'll see de-glamoured Mance sneaking into Winterfell just in time to gently caress something up with LF's plan.

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

420 Gank Mid posted:

Maybe I'm just overly optimistic to see Ciaran Hinds come back but after watching that last scene 2-3 times I've managed to convince myself it could still be the same bait and switch from the books and we'll see de-glamoured Mance sneaking into Winterfell just in time to gently caress something up with LF's plan.

Weren't there spearwives in the scene when Sansa first comes to Winterfell? Like, it was a very quick shot, but there were literal chicks with spears.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

HELLO LADIES posted:

Weren't there spearwives in the scene when Sansa first comes to Winterfell? Like, it was a very quick shot, but there were literal chicks with spears.

The ladies at the end of that Sansa scene didn't have spears but were definitely not extras, so that's what I was thinking, too.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

kcroy posted:

Arya Goes Blind

Hello

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That episode of GoT sure was excellent fantastic great good average poor bad poo poo. ADWD is truly here.

e: The leaks of the next 3 episodes sound even worse (somehow). Wow.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Apr 13, 2015

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Rannos22 posted:

They're not wrong because nothing happens in them.

Christ, you weren't kidding.

youre wife posted:

Hey! Just popping in to say Dani is a Blackfyre.

Blackfyre house sigil:

Bam!

Oh poo poo! Preston Manning had the right data but the wrong conclusion!

Because he's Tormund! Woop woop woop woop woop woop woop! :zoid:

Arbite fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Apr 13, 2015

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Atreiden posted:

Ahahaha I found a site, that had the four leaked episodes. And all the spoilers are true. Barristan Selmy's death is extremely silly, though he goes down like a boss. Melisandra tops off her boobs by also saying "you know nothing Jon Snow". The Mereen plot seems to be moving really fast, which is nice and they seem to have cut out Aegon, so either he is not important at all or they will introduce him in another way, possibly next season. As by episode 4, nothing regarding the Iron islands have happened.

Nice . Now I can start a fake spoiler that Melisandre = Ygritte now.

Both redheads, both tell Jon Snow he knows nothing. Both showed Jon their boobs.

It is known!

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

No Pants posted:

The ladies at the end of that Sansa scene didn't have spears but were definitely not extras, so that's what I was thinking, too.
I'm pretty sure they're just the show equivalent of Ramsay's Girls™. The brunette the camera focuses on is the one who helped castrate Theon and then went hunting another girl with Ramsay, so I'm guessing there'll be a jealousy/murder attempt sideplot there the way she was looking at Sansa.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wish they'd hurry up and release the rest of the episodes so I can ignore the show for the rest of the year.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Lmao Julian Bashir from DS9 is prince doran, I don't remember anything else that happened, but the sand snakes are hot.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I admire D+D for doing the impossible and making ADWD actively worse somehow. That's talent.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
They're finally really capturing the spirit of Briennes Trek of Boredom now too.

Arya didn't want us

Yeah

Sansa didn't want us

Yeah

So can we go home now?

Nope

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm surprised they've had restraint enough to not have Pod bang Brienne with his 20 incher and transcendent skills.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Wow the new season is real bad, why would Littlefinger ever marry Sansa to Ramsey, nothing makes sense, and all the subtlety is gone, what a shitshow.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Wow the new season is real bad, why would Littlefinger ever marry Sansa to Ramsey, nothing makes sense, and all the subtlety is gone, what a shitshow.

Finally the show is true to the source material!

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
I really enjoyed the season 2 premiere of Silicon Valley! GoT was ok I guess. Excited to see tyrion just get hosed up and complain the whole time. Can't tell how I feel about the leak spoilers yet but I guess the future is poo poo (as previously mentioned above).

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lmao Julian Bashir from DS9 is prince doran, I don't remember anything else that happened, but the sand snakes are hot.

That's so depressing. Siddig is a really good actor, far better than this show deserves. He must really have gotten screwed on alimony.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I always pictured Doran Martell as a fat gently caress thanks to being immobile with gout and a really lovely scraggly grey beard.

Basically, GRRM should be Doran.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
Holy poo poo s5 sucks.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
/shrug I've only seen episode one but I'm liking it so far.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I laughed when Melisandre dropped the "you know nothing!" line.

It's pretty mediocre even if I wasn't paying a lot of attention, think I'll stick to reading episode summaries until people are raving about another Hound Vs Brienne fight.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

Aurain posted:

I always pictured Doran Martell as a fat gently caress thanks to being immobile with gout and a really lovely scraggly grey beard.

I figured this as well. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I don't remember him being described as handsome or anything positive either. Especially since he always had Areo carting him around so he sounded too lazy to move his wheelchair himself. Maybe medieval ones are really crapy though?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Aurain posted:

Yeah, I've said it before itt that if any character is the Grrm self-insert it's Doran: fat, lazy, always eating & thinking about sloppy foods and making a mess of himself, people want one thing out of him that he keeps lying to them and procrastinating about, and the whole kiddie pool pedo-porch thing.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

savinhill posted:

Yeah, I've said it before itt that if any character is the Grrm self-insert it's Doran: fat, lazy, always eating & thinking about sloppy foods and making a mess of himself, people want one thing out of him that he keeps lying to them and procrastinating about, and the whole kiddie pool pedo-porch thing.

I thought it was Illyrio. I'm starting to see a pattern here....

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

savinhill posted:

Tries to organize epic project, fails. Tries again, fails. Eats his shame until he dies from it.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
After watching the first 3 episodes its safe to say the show got appreciably worse this year.

We're getting out ending, and its gonna be fuckin bad television

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

TK-42-1 posted:

I thought it was Illyrio. I'm starting to see a pattern here....

I thought it was Manderly...

Big fat guy saved by his fatness. Messy eater too.

I guess because he actually accomplishes poo poo he isn't GRRM though.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It's obviously Sam. Or is he the target reader insert?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I haven't even read any Wild Cards, but my favorite GRRM self-insert is that super-agile obese guy. I just read the wiki description, and it was enough to make me laugh.