Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Oh man I've made so many illegal moves in my Lego hobby :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I haven't bought a lego set that cost over $100 in many years, and I think the Kwik-E-Mart is going to be it. It's too cool to pass up.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

anotherblownsave posted:

Oh man I've made so many illegal moves in my Lego hobby :(

The Space Police are on their way

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Colonial Air Force posted:

The Space Police are on their way

Are you human? Act human! You don't want to get shot and then have a phaser planted on your body.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Davros1 posted:

I wish they would have merged the Indiana Jones line with the Johnny Thunder line.

Yeah, a steady stream of Indy legos would be very good. I can only hope his IP makes it into Dimensions.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
There's evidence that Ghostbusters might be. The Dimensions trailer had the PKE meter front and centre.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Found these guys buried in my mother's backyard. Literally buried.

Just thought I'd share my archeological find.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You must now build an Egyptian tomb excavation where modern-day Lego men are uncovering these mummified remains.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Everyone noticed that the gull-wing doors on the Dimensions micro-Delorean are actually hinge so they cane be opened, right?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Kwik E Mart ordered! Wooo. Now I just need some more shelf space, a trip to Ikea tomorrow might be in order!

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
Dumb question, does the "VIP Early Access" for the Kwik-E-Mart also count at Lego stores? As in, if I walked into one today would I be able to place an in-store pickup order for when it's released instead of being at the mercy of having the set shipped to me?

kefkafloyd fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 15, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

kefkafloyd posted:

Dumb question, does the "VIP Early Access" for the Kwik-E-Mart also count at Lego stores? As in, if I walked into one today would I be able to place an in-store pickup order for when it's released instead of being at the mercy of having the set shipped to me?

Yes.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

Sweet, thanks. I think I'll do that this afternoon, my office is like five minutes away from the Burlington store.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

kefkafloyd posted:

Sweet, thanks. I think I'll do that this afternoon, my office is like five minutes away from the Burlington store.

My email seems to imply they already have them in stores for VIPs

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Do you happen to have a link to that entire document? I thought I had it saved, but I can't find it, and I remember it being an interesting read.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

Norns posted:

My email seems to imply they already have them in stores for VIPs

I stopped in at the store and they did! They appeared to have plenty and I happily took it home. Woo hoo! etc. I haven't bought a set in a box this big in a long time.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Ugh I really want it but inexplicably I want the TIE more and can't justify two $200 sets so close together.

Someone post their impressions already!

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Serperoth posted:

Do you happen to have a link to that entire document? I thought I had it saved, but I can't find it, and I remember it being an interesting read.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij0i4z8bf1014a6/brickstress.pdf?dl=0

I converted it to a PDF (it was a powerpoint) and stuck it on my dropbox a while back. Probably still linked somewhere in this thread.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I made a little space station out of my old legos. Space damage bite marks added 20 years prior for realism.

Outside

inside

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how many of you guys have sets that you've purchased but haven't built yet. What are they?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

Dogen posted:

Someone post their impressions already!

This thing takes a while to build, but I can appreciate the colors and detail already. Also, if you hate stickers, you're gonna have at least 50 of them to stick on. Stickers only drive me crazy because I can never get them right. 8 bag groups, some of which have double bags.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

obi_ant posted:

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how many of you guys have sets that you've purchased but haven't built yet. What are they?

Detective agency is sitting in my closest waiting to be built. Just haven't had time to sit and start it. Kwik E Mart will be here in a few days and will probably sit a few days before I can get to it as well.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

obi_ant posted:

I have the two big PotC ships in boxes, which were kind of a speculative investment when they went on sale. I haven't decided if I will build them or flip them. I have a couple more Lego Movie sets that I have just not opened but intend on building soon.

Oh wow maybe I should sell them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-4195-Queen-Annes-Revenge-Lego-4195-New-/141209444275

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

New sets stay in the box about 30 seconds in my house. :colbert:

I mean, I gotta take my shoes off at least.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

obi_ant posted:

I've got two $5 creator sets (red helicopter, digger) and Yellow Racers (31023). They're out of the boxes, I just haven't sat down and built them quite yet.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If folks are interested, I've got some UCS B-Wings for sale in my SA-Mart thread

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

kensei posted:

I have the two big PotC ships in boxes, which were kind of a speculative investment when they went on sale. I haven't decided if I will build them or flip them. I have a couple more Lego Movie sets that I have just not opened but intend on building soon.

Oh wow maybe I should sell them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-4195-Queen-Annes-Revenge-Lego-4195-New-/141209444275

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Pirates-Caribbean-Black-Pearl-4184-NEW-MIB-/151581880087

I'm a total scalper. :-( I did reinvest that in several lego sets however.

With that said, I've got a lot of sets just sitting around not been opened. The new star destroyer I want to tackle next, and I've been meaning to do my medieval market.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
Also, the Kwik-E-Mart set has three 1-stud round... things (not plates but they're the same thickness, I don't know the technical term) that poke into technic holes. It's for the Buzz cola machine. So I wonder how illegal that technique is.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Who is making/enforcing/following these laws?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

Who is making/enforcing/following these laws?

You don't want to know. Just keep those connections legal and you'll never have to find out.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've got a couple of creator sets. I havent built them because I got a few cats and they're already knocking over all the poo poo I currently have on shelves. :v:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

obi_ant posted:

I have the Police Drop Ship that I got on clearance at Walmart several weeks ago, and the wife got the Bike Shop while in Chicago not too long after. I have a political science paper to kill by Saturday, and then one of them--maybe both--are finally getting built. And then I have to figure out what I'm taking apart because we're probably moving cross-country by the end of the year and having a 5x5 EXPEDIT shelf (and a 2x4, and the top of another 2x4) full of assembled LEGO is not conducive to packing nor moving.

And don't even get me started on the Kwik-E-Mart that I want but seriously can't afford.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
I bought the Helicarrier in the end of February during the VIP sale, but got sidelined by a visit from my dad and getting new flooring done in the house. I better build it soon, before I get sidelined by a baby.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

obi_ant posted:

I still haven't built my Research Institute... :nervoushandwring:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Neurion posted:

I still haven't built my Research Institute... :nervoushandwring:

It'll seriously take you about 5 minutes. Do it in a break at work.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

obi_ant posted:

UCS Shuttle
UCS Slave-1
2x #41999 Blue 4x4 crawler
Lifting Crane MK2
Palace cinema, pet shop, parisian restaurant, detective agency
A bunch of 2nd generation star wars spaceships (like x-wing, tie defender, tie advanced)
A whole shelf of small sets (Around 150ish pieces) mostly star wars and technic
Bennys Spaceship x 3

Basically i buy all the Lego i want or see myself maybe wanting in the future. I don't necessarily build it right away, or in some cases end up never building (e.g. the UCS shuttle) I buy them when they release so i don't have to pay resellers a couple of years later in case it turns out i DO want a set.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Pyroclastic posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij0i4z8bf1014a6/brickstress.pdf?dl=0

I converted it to a PDF (it was a powerpoint) and stuck it on my dropbox a while back. Probably still linked somewhere in this thread.

Saved it, thank you very much. :)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

UCS Shuttle
UCS Slave-1
2x #41999 Blue 4x4 crawler
Lifting Crane MK2
Palace cinema, pet shop, parisian restaurant, detective agency
A bunch of 2nd generation star wars spaceships (like x-wing, tie defender, tie advanced)
A whole shelf of small sets (Around 150ish pieces) mostly star wars and technic
Bennys Spaceship x 3

Basically i buy all the Lego i want or see myself maybe wanting in the future. I don't necessarily build it right away, or in some cases end up never building (e.g. the UCS shuttle) I buy them when they release so i don't have to pay resellers a couple of years later in case it turns out i DO want a set.

This is smart. I've always been able to make a pretty significant profit if I have a set in box I just never end up building.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The next step is to buy two of every set you like. Build one now, hold the other until it is retired and the price is 50-100% above retail and sell it to subsidize your hobby.

This "works" but it's kind of a pain in the rear end and you usually have to hold sets for 2-3 years. And hope that the Lego aftermarket doesn't ever crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm not only a Transformers/Lego seller, but also a collector.