Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

You forgot how he "regrets" his comments because it's, paraphrasing his words, "not something that a gentleman would do," and the way he said it made him come off like a loving trillby-misidentified-as-a-fedora-wearing Nice Guy.

The AV Club article on his "controversy" had a choice line about Whedon's feminist statement...

quote:

Joss Whedon—already a lifetime member of the National Institute for Clever Empathetic Guys Understanding You, or NICEGUY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

mr.capps posted:

Well you see its actually a mirror and it represents that she is a clone, hence why she has the same color scheme as the new dinosaur.

That dinosaur probably wears the red bob better than her. I'm also unironically looking forward to when the JP thread gets closed because spergs can't stop arguing over how a dinosaur can run in high heels, even if those heels are biologically built-into the feet.

Young Freud posted:

The AV Club article on his "controversy" had a choice line about Whedon's feminist statement...

:iceburn:

To be completely fair though Whedon does actually avoid most "nice guy" pratfalls in his finished projects, and his "feminism" is actually a bit better than you'd think. Even Xander, the patron saint of Whedon "nice guys" was rarely rewarded for being a sleazy weasel and even throwing him in a relationship with the hottest girl in high school felt more like a mutually toxic puppy love that ended really badly when Xander cheated on her instead of some sort-of justice. Then Whedon hooked him up with the autistic girl which he hosed up again by being a dumbass weasel, had him drift around until he found a blue collar mediocrity he was comfortable with, and all was well (until the comics, but the comics are just loving.... weird man).

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 18, 2015

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In the comics, Xander hooks up with the Buffy, if you must know. Also he has an eyepatch.

mr.capps posted:

Well you see its actually a mirror and it represents that she is a clone, hence why she has the same color scheme as the new dinosaur.

Oh boy, the TF fetish people will love this!

Scream Queens posters:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The MSJ posted:

In the comics, Xander hooks up with the Buffy, if you must know. Also he has an eyepatch.

Unless some crazy poo poo went down in the back half of Season 9/through Season 10 that I'm not aware of I thought she made a pass at him after she found out he was shacking up with her sister and he said something to the effect of "thanks but you do realize you've slept through almost everyone else in our circle before coming to me despite me wanting you all these years and you only want me now because I'm not available right?" It was phrased a lot more kindly than that but it did smack a bit of "Nice Guy finishes first for once."

quote:

Scream Queens posters:

Generic posters and I have zero idea what the show could even be about other than that the concept of scream queens are pretty meaningless without gratuitous sex and violence. The rep of Glee and AHS don't bode well either.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

achillesforever6 posted:

You know this seemed like a bad idea putting the building with the thin glass windows on level with the hybrid abomination death dinosaur

Why would you make a dinosaur theme park/zoo if you weren't going to do that though?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

That dinosaur probably wears the red bob better than her. I'm also unironically looking forward to when the JP thread gets closed because spergs can't stop arguing over how a dinosaur can run in high heels, even if those heels are biologically built-into the feet.

Dinosaurs (therapods, at least) can totally run in high heels, because their heels never touch the ground anyway.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

The MSJ posted:

Oh boy, the TF fetish people will love this!

Scream Queens posters:

Horror movie/tv show described as "killer" = fuuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Ummm...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scream_Queens_(2008_TV_series)

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

achillesforever6 posted:

You know this seemed like a bad idea putting the building with the thin glass windows on level with the hybrid abomination death dinosaur

Seems to work fine.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I will always appreciate that for helping make Rosana Pansino famous.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 18, 2015

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

SO INSPIRATIONAL

I may vomit.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I just wanted to post a cool dinosaur poster. I didn't mean for this to happen. I didn't ask for this...

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Allen Wren posted:

SO INSPIRATIONAL

I may vomit.

Every poster begins with a poo poo tagline.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Joss Whedon is goony, in other news fire still hot.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I give that 16 nanoseconds before someone adds a plane.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

This feels so redundant when we have Man on Wire. I mean we have footage of it actually taking place and all the principal players talking about the event from their point of view. It's not a forgotten historical event that no one has immortalized on the screen yet.

I guess it will look vertigo-inducing on IMAX and 3D.

Edit: Oh, it will be by Zemeckis. That makes perfect sense, and it'll probably be "good enough"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Antti posted:

This feels so redundant when we have Man on Wire. I mean we have footage of it actually taking place and all the principal players talking about the event from their point of view. It's not a forgotten historical event that no one has immortalized on the screen yet.

Edit: Oh, it will be by Zemeckis. That makes perfect sense, and it'll probably be "good enough"

I was about to post the exact same thing.

And I could swear I've only seen the alternate poster for that movie in the theaters near me. It doesn't give you the slightest clue as to what the movie is actually about, just "inspired by a true story". Then again, I live in New York City, and I guess they were afraid it was TOO SOON for that poster.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Rurea posted:

New JP poster:

That's just terrible

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Everything about that movie looks wretched.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mister Chief posted:

Oh, now you've done it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Chris Pratt looks pretty sexycool.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
He's a great guy with a groovy dick.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Will Joseph Gordon-Levitt have a French accent?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mister Chief posted:

It'll be better than JP3 and that's all that matters, as long as the T-Rex from the first movie kills the I-Rex at the climax I will consider it a good movie regardless, plus we get to see Hammond's dream come alive and succeed for a little bit, before man's hubris ruins it all again. :smith:

Here's another poster

Man that would :black101: as gently caress to see in real life.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
That's one happy... kronosaurus? I think

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Too bad they're both about to donk right into the glass

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

achillesforever6 posted:

plus we get to see Hammond's dream come alive and succeed for a little bit, before man's hubris ruins it all again. :smith:
He never had control! THAT'S the illusion!!!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I love how the shark is all :whitewater:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Antti posted:

Not to mention Man on Wire did the same poster concept, but better.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Everybody just go to Youtube and look at the trailer for The Walk. It is incredibly tasteless.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Nice turtleneck though.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Everybody just go to Youtube and look at the trailer for The Walk. It is incredibly tasteless.

There, towards the end you can see the exact poster I was talking about earlier. It has silhouettes of several men and women walking on what looks like a grated platform. Now I realize that it's supposed to be one of the towers, but it doesn't look anything like it and Philippe Petit was one dude. There's nothing that even hints at what the movie is actually about. Unless, again, they decided to make an alternate poster in case people got all pissed off about it, especially in my area.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

Cory Snyder posted:

I used to watch this movie constantly as a kid, but nobody else remembers it...

I've never seen Condorman but from everyone's reaction I think I'd rather watch this:

(from here)

Also;

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Honestly, I don't think Jurassic World can top the comic-con poster. There's some issues with the execution but it's still brilliant imagery.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

MikeJF posted:

Honestly, I don't think Jurassic World can top the comic-con poster. There's some issues with the execution but it's still brilliant imagery.

i agree. it's cool. thanks for readin gg my post.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

MikeJF posted:

I like that the orange sunset links the dinosaur to the mosquito in amber. A good poster.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It's a decent poster, but it seems like a lot of Mondo posters where the artist is good, but they just don't have the technique to really make it a piece of "art". Sort of where they go "It's Done!", but a master artist would only be 50% done at the same stage, needing more layers and tones and linework to really make it shine.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That's the first time I've seen Mondo criticised for having too little linework.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Mr. Squishy posted:

That's the first time I've seen Mondo criticised for having too little linework.

No man, real art is all about DRAW MORE. The masters are all, without exception, celebrated for their masterful application of DRAW MORE to otherwise lifeless canvasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rurea posted:

I just wanted to post a cool dinosaur poster.

Then why did you post a lovely poster from that terrible looking Jurassic World movie instead?