Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

That Richie Rich show looks like the most tone deaf thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I had never heard of Richie Rich on Netflix.

What a cool dude!!!

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Netflix diluting their brand so hard the past few months it's homeopathic.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Netflix is trying to make something to appeal to literally every possible demographic, Richie Rich is just their version of the cookie-cutter tween sitcoms the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon make.w

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Sleeveless posted:

Netflix is trying to make something to appeal to literally every possible demographic, Richie Rich is just their version of the cookie-cutter tween sitcoms the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon make.w

They have unlimited hours to fill so why not program for every demographic?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gaspar Noe has a new movie out. The new movie has posters that are extremely :nws:

First one

Second one, which is extra Not Work Safe

For the love of god, don't click these links at work.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Vagabundo posted:

Gaspar Noe has a new movie out. The new movie has posters that are extremely :nws:

First one

Second one, which is extra Not Work Safe

For the love of god, don't click these links at work.

Pft, apparently you work in a Hitler factory.

It's fiiiiinnne everyone.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ha, wow. That second one. Jeez. I wonder if it's cgi like the one in Irreversible.

It took me a second to notice the dude in the first one. At first I was like "two chicks going at it? Right on" then I noticed contestant #3.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

LesterGroans posted:

:siren: IT'S REALLY NOT :siren:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cleretic posted:

loving prude.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Cleretic posted:

Hahaha good joke, pal.

It's literally the best thing to show at a daycare/business meeting/anywhere.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LesterGroans posted:

Hahaha good joke, pal.

It's literally the best thing to show at a daycare

No doubt a mod would agree with this.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

LesterGroans posted:

A factory run by Hitler or where they make Hitlers?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

mr.capps posted:

Why not both?

The MSJ posted:

No doubt a mod would agree with this.

:drat:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Isn't the logo on those Noe posters just ripping off the unreleased poster for Shame?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Ahaha the title treatment is disgusting

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mister Chief posted:

That Richie Rich show looks like the most tone deaf thing ever.

I haven't watched it but apparently they try to tone things down a little by having him be a self made millionaire through some invention and not just inheriting it all.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

mr.capps posted:

The factory that makes the genie lamps where every wish involves turning you into Hitler as a form of ironic comeuppance.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So is this Noe seeing Nymphomaniac and saying "I can do better/worse"?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

They have unlimited hours to fill so why not program for every demographic?

And practically unlimited cash.

I don't think people understand right now. Invest in Netflix. They're making everything from Oscar contenders to niche cartoons right now and it doesn't matter if they gently caress up, they just print more money next month. They're hiring execs from studios all over town and they are their own production company and distribution channel.

Invest in Netflix.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The amount of times Reed Hastings himself has almost hosed Netflix up only for it to rebound stronger than ever is amazing. Netflix is bulletproof.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

kiimo posted:

I don't think people understand right now. Invest in Netflix. They're making everything from Oscar contenders to niche cartoons right now and it doesn't matter if they gently caress up, they just print more money next month. They're hiring execs from studios all over town and they are their own production company and distribution channel.

Invest in Netflix.

netflix shares cost more than google shares

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

kiimo posted:

Invest in Netflix.

Absolutely. They are a money printing machine.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So is this Noe seeing Nymphomaniac and saying "I can do better/worse"?
Probably, in which case I'm totally down. Subject matter aside a new Gaspar Noe film is always reason to celebrate since they always take so drat long, only four films in like almost twenty years. :(

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

scary ghost dog posted:

netflix shares cost more than google shares

No problem, just buy a single $100 share and in five months you'll have a $150 share. That's $50 for doing nothing, in five months! You can't lose!

edit: No I didn't look up the actual price and no I don't care.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

No problem, just buy a single $100 share and in five months you'll have a $150 share. That's $50 for doing nothing, in five months! You can't lose!

edit: No I didn't look up the actual price and no I don't care.

July 2012, $53.91, today $563.06.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Netflix killed the Cable star.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Unless you have insider knowledge, you should assume that things like "has been successful" and "will likely continue to be successful" are already factored into the share price.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

You guys talking about Qwikster?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sir Kodiak posted:

Unless you have insider knowledge

Nah. I mean I just saw a movie they did that is for sure going to be nominated for an Oscar but that's it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

You guys talking about Qwikster?

I'm still sad Qwikster dying took their plan for video games with it.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

kiimo posted:

Nah. I mean I just saw a movie they did that is for sure going to be nominated for an Oscar but that's it.

I'd guess this is their Fukunaga movie, unless there's something coming up I'm forgetting about

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

muscles like this? posted:

I haven't watched it but apparently they try to tone things down a little by having him be a self made millionaire through some invention and not just inheriting it all.

I watched a few episodes. And yeah, in these series he used to be a middle low class kid that got filthy rich by some ecological invention and now lives with his dumb dad, his sexy robot maiden and his only two or three friends who seem to be more interested in his money than anything else. It's the show I would had found funny if I was a 10 year old girl in the mid 90's.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

FINALLY!!! This is the big screen adaptation I've been waiting for!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J4FXUMOw8k

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Wow it's been about a decade since I've seen that.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

zenintrude posted:

FINALLY!!! This is the big screen adaptation I've been waiting for!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J4FXUMOw8k

They made a movie about the time travel ytmnd so anything is possible.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

morestuff posted:

I'd guess this is their Fukunaga movie, unless there's something coming up I'm forgetting about

:tinfoil:

edit:

:pwn:

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010