Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Awesome! Do you have the canopy too?

Yup! Fully intact with no cracks! It's really scratched up though. Since I'm changing the original colors I might grab some taillight tint and give it a few coats of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I don't have a lot of strong memories from my childhood but I clearly remember Superman and Lex having some grand battles in their respective vehicles over the chunk of kryptonite that came with Lex's ship. Godspeed and don't forget to post follow-up pictures.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
After enjoying The Flash all season and having just read Geoff Johns' entire Flash run in the three Omnibus volumes, I really want a Captain Cold action figure for my 6" display. Unfortunately, I don't like any of the DC Direct/Collectibles or the Mattel DCUC version. They're all pretty ugly, so I'd rather not settle for any of them.

At least I have JLU Captain Cold.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

After enjoying The Flash all season and having just read Geoff Johns' entire Flash run in the three Omnibus volumes, I really want a Captain Cold action figure for my 6" display. Unfortunately, I don't like any of the DC Direct/Collectibles or the Mattel DCUC version. They're all pretty ugly, so I'd rather not settle for any of them.

At least I have JLU Captain Cold.

What about : http://www.amazon.com/Flash-Rogues-Gallery-Captain-Action/dp/B001GN5NRK/ ?

Edit: I do have a retro Captain Cold - http://www.amazon.com/Retro-Action-Super-Heroes-Captain-Figure/dp/B003BLQKCM/ - he's 8 inches and only looks right next to other retro/Mego guys, but he's one of my favorite figures ever.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
The 3A Starwars TKs are up at bambaland, but I'm going to have to wait. I will chase them down later if I need them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
TV Cold is getting a figure very soon as well.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Rhyno posted:

TV Cold is getting a figure very soon as well.

Yeah, but... he's just some... guy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Heh.

I got my cases more or less put together.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Anyone have any suggestions for getting Marvel Legends figures to stand up on a shelf?

The males work fine with good old poster putty but the heeled feet of a lot of the female figures won't stay standing.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I am super jealous of you guys and your huge well lit shelves full of awesome toys. I've only got a few on display on our bookcase, and I got the inspiration to pose them like an action team and now I giggle like an idiot every time I walk past.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Perry Normal posted:

I am super jealous of you guys and your huge well lit shelves full of awesome toys. I've only got a few on display on our bookcase, and I got the inspiration to pose them like an action team and now I giggle like an idiot every time I walk past.

This is the best way to enjoy them, looking very good.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Rhyno posted:

Heh.

I got my cases more or less put together.

What's going on with the bottom of those detolfs? Did you do some kind of custom base or something?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Every time my finger hovers over the TK Stormtrooper ''preorder'' button my brain kicks in and says it's a $160 toy I don't need. My brain is a jerk.

Truth told I'm not a fan of the orange accents. If 3A does another color variant I'll see if I can't drink my brain into submission.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for getting Marvel Legends figures to stand up on a shelf?

The males work fine with good old poster putty but the heeled feet of a lot of the female figures won't stay standing.

Blue tack, the stuff you use to put up posters. Works great, won't damage the paint/plastic

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Aphrodite posted:

Short of doing some major modding the the figure (resculping/swaping feet, adding in magnets to the current ones, etc) you can't do any better than poster putty/blue tack. Don't be shy about using more if they are falling over. Also with the temperatures increasing this time of year the putty tends to soften up a little and less stable figures will end up tipping over.

Alternatively you could go for some stands like these http://www.play-asia.com/soul-stage-act-4-human-support-type-clear-paOS-13-49-en-70-7ond.html?ref=froogle&gclid=CL7ktonxn8UCFS9o7AodWRIAJQ but you are looking at a lot of money but I understand they are well worth it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

What's going on with the bottom of those detolfs? Did you do some kind of custom base or something?

I was having issues getting my cases to sit level in both directions so I grabbed some shelves from Menards and used them to steady it. The spaces are because I used to have room for 6 cases in a row but the new place only has space for 5 right there.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Perry Normal posted:

You have a Duke Togo figure, so you're automatically ahead of me.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

NotAnArtist posted:

Every time my finger hovers over the TK Stormtrooper ''preorder'' button my brain kicks in and says it's a $160 toy I don't need. My brain is a jerk.

Truth told I'm not a fan of the orange accents. If 3A does another color variant I'll see if I can't drink my brain into submission.

I understand that $160 is a ton of money, but you'll be out $200 later. [/3A economist]

The thing about that is that I am FINE with spending another $40 on top of $160 to wait for in hand pictures and reports of defects. My alternative outcome is that I don't like it and I've saved $160.

The only thing that makes me want to push the button now is how much my son loves stormtroopers... but he's 5 so we're cool with a Black series trooper for $20. Stupid irrational collector brain trying to trick me into justifying toy purchases.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NotAnArtist posted:

I just did the same thing but with an old Hong Kong Phooey toy... "$16? NO No Aaron!"

Stupid brain. And no I didn't leave off the zero. I was trying to justify spending just $16. :D

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

My only exposure to Duke Togo was the NES game and that seemed cool enough.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

My only exposure to Duke Togo was the NES game and that seemed cool enough.

I had enough nostalgia for the NES game that Golgo 13 became pretty much the only manga and anime that I've ever given two shits about.

The manga is actually pretty fun - A good portion of the volumes that were translated into English, he's like Forrest Gump with a rifle, riling things up in Tianamen Square or being hired by Nelson Mandela. In one story a former white house gardener hires him to snipe out key ballots that would have won the 2000 election for Al Gore because the guy was mad that he once caught Clinton getting a beej.

EDIT - VVVVV Actually, that's what I meant by the anime, that show rules. I like The Professional too, but mostly cause it makes me laugh a lot.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 1, 2015

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I don't even really care about anime, like, at all, but the Golgo 13 show is really good, and you should try it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Golgo_13_episodes

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Djarum posted:

Short of doing some major modding the the figure (resculping/swaping feet, adding in magnets to the current ones, etc) you can't do any better than poster putty/blue tack. Don't be shy about using more if they are falling over. Also with the temperatures increasing this time of year the putty tends to soften up a little and less stable figures will end up tipping over.

Alternatively you could go for some stands like these http://www.play-asia.com/soul-stage-act-4-human-support-type-clear-paOS-13-49-en-70-7ond.html?ref=froogle&gclid=CL7ktonxn8UCFS9o7AodWRIAJQ but you are looking at a lot of money but I understand they are well worth it.

Don't order those from Play Asia, you can get them from Amazon for cheaper+free shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Stage-Act-4-Humanoid/dp/B003AH6EVY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1430499875&sr=8-2&keywords=tamashii+stage

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
New Hulkbuster from MS revealed on Marvel store

shop.marvel.com/iron-man-hulkbuster-action-figure-marvel-select-8-pre-order/mp/17151/1000242/

Hes on the short side and his hands are stuck like that...taking a pass on this one unfortunately.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Zeike posted:

shop.marvel.com/iron-man-hulkbuster-action-figure-marvel-select-8-pre-order/mp/17151/1000242/

Hes on the short side and his hands are stuck like that...taking a pass on this one unfortunately.

Looks like a scaled up version of the 4 inch version.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Zeike posted:

Looks like junk, but I'd assume they would say "If you don't like it we have an $800 version available!"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

We've still got that Hulkbuster Legends BAF coming up.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Perry Normal posted:

Ugh thank you for reminding me that kotobukiya megaman > d-arts megaman. I'll have to put one together one day.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Ka0 posted:

Ugh thank you for reminding me that kotobukiya megaman > d-arts megaman. I'll have to put one together one day.

Yeah, that one's one of my very favourites. Crazy pose-able and it was actually a lot of fun to put it together. I really need to pick up the Proto Man kit one of these days.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

The_Doctor posted:

We've still got that Hulkbuster Legends BAF coming up.

What is wrong with the old legends hulkbuster?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bushifox posted:

What is wrong with the old legends hulkbuster?

Think they just want the movie version of the Hulkbuster. I still got the old Legends Hulkbuster and love that figure...which I am surprised how big he is compared to later BAF who are smaller then him.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Has anybody seen the NECA 1954 Godzilla or the Burning Godzilla at retail yet?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Travis343 posted:

Has anybody seen the NECA 1954 Godzilla or the Burning Godzilla at retail yet?

Buddy of mine got burning Godzilla like a month ago but not sure if he found it at retail or not

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Found Daredevil today on my way to see Age of Ultron.

When does the Hulkbuster wave come out?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Later this year.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Rage posted:

Buddy of mine got burning Godzilla like a month ago but not sure if he found it at retail or not

Comic book store I go to had the Burning Godzilla.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

I think I have it in stock at my store.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Davros1 posted:

Antibiotic shot and some cream will clear that right up.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

After seeing the new Avengers - I think I might finally throw down and get a Hot Toys Iron Man. His new suit looks great!

Altho if I want to form the Avengers - those SH Figurearts are nice too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm just getting the Mark 1 Ultron Hot Toys.