Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Are there any other yuri manga currently getting official English translations other than Gakuen Polizei and Citrus? I have most of the worthwhile ones that are already out.

A Centaur's Life has got more yuri than most yuri manga. And Citrus is selling really well so Seven Seas has got some incentive to bring over more stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Haha, I had no idea that crazy centaur manga had official translations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tamen de Gushi is going to be the death of me.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
http://www.amazon.com/SHOUJO-THING-BLACK-T-SHIRT/dp/B00JLIKZ8Y/ref=pd_d0_recs_v2_cwb_ap_9?ie=UTF8&refRID=0WWJCJPG687KYM8NN4A1

I'm ordering this.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

i'm gonna get the yuri one

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

chumbler posted:

Tamen de Gushi is going to be the death of me.
Only downside is how short each chapter is.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

"It's a yuri thing" would make a decent title, if I could decide on a good avatar for it.

I'm kinda tempted to pick up the shirt, but it's a bit too expensive for my current budget. Also I don't think I could wear it anywhere but home anyway.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Sakurazuka posted:

Haha, I had no idea that crazy centaur manga had official translations.
My roommate saw it on the shelf at a bookstore and bought it. Made me quite happy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just finished reading Sasameki Koto for like the third time, since I actually got around to buying the official collections (which were okay but not great) I can still see where it drags a bit, or a lot, but when it's good it's really good. My favourite detail are the panels of just random people doing everyday things, emphasising that's it's something that takes place in the 'real' world.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm disappointed in you guys. There was a new Collectors chapter and no one said anything :colbert:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/born_this_way :cry:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That was good!

re: Whispered Words, I think being able to plow through it all at once has moved it even higher on my list of favorites. The digressions that got in the way when it was so sporadically translated weren't even close to being as frustrating. The other thing i noticed was they get together as a couple much farther from the end than i remembered. They just don't actually kiss each other til graduation day. The dummies.

e:
there's a couple new chapters of Takemiya Jin stuff up on dynasty too. Sweet.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 3, 2015

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Poil posted:

Also I don't think I could wear it anywhere but home anyway.

Why?

So good ._.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, kind of feels that way because the progression from friends to going out is a lot more natural than most manga, there's not really a huge confession scene (there sort of is but it's more confirming what they already know) so it's hard to pinpoint exactly when they become a couple. At least, I always miss it and am then surprised when I realise they already are. :v:

e: oh man I just remembered that little corner panel of Kazama imagining introducing Sumika to her dead parents. :cry:

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 3, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I don't remember seeing these two

Ore Monogatari by Karuho Shiina (Kimi ni Todoke)

Kazue Katou (Ao no Exorcist) feat: KnT

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
None of these tribute Takeos are buff enough.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

:unsmith:

Because I don't feel like broadcasting to everyone I meet that I like yuri? It's really embarrassing, you know.

Poil fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 4, 2015

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully someday you'll have the support you need to come out of the yuri closet.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
People will either not know what yuri means and think of Yuri Gagarin, or they will know what yuri means and don't care.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No one I know would know what it meant, that's why I can have a NERV phone case.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Oh I don't know how I forgot but on the English published yuri front Ooku has a decent amount of lesbianism. It's also easily one of the top five ongoing licensed manga.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The Devil Tesla posted:

Hopefully someday you'll have the support you need to come out of the yuri closet.
But it's all warm and fuzzy and comfortable in here. :3:

K. Flaps posted:

People will either not know what yuri means and think of Yuri Gagarin, or they will know what yuri means and don't care.
That's true. But it feels kinda otaku-ish. Or. Maybe I can get over it and wear one.

Sakurazuka posted:

No one I know would know what it meant, that's why I can have a NERV phone case.
That's... pretty cool actually.

Poil fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 4, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

English yuri

Oh right, read Blue is the Warmest Color. It's French, but is a very good comic about a lesbian couple.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've seen the film and the ending was a bit depressing for me. :v:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well. You didn't specify something happy....

:smithicide:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Haha, yeah I know. Romancey stuff doesn't really work as escapism for me if it doesn't have a happy ending.

While we're sort of recommending non-anime/manga stuff you should try either the novel Fingersmith by Sarah Waters or the TV drama based on it, I think you'd like it.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
I'm hoping Starlight Vega turns out okay and doesn't die of Kickstarter stretch goal victory disease, I like the art style and the writing isn't completely illiterate which already puts it above like 75% of OEL VNs

coathat
May 21, 2007

The next person who mentions something not japanese is gonna eat yoyo. It's Sukeban Deka time. http://bato.to/read/_/319533/sukeban-deka_v2_ch5.1_by_happyscans

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

coathat posted:

The next person who mentions something not japanese is gonna eat yoyo. It's Sukeban Deka time. http://bato.to/read/_/319533/sukeban-deka_v2_ch5.1_by_happyscans

Today is a good day.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well, what do we have here?

http://bato.to/read/_/319991/stretch_ch35_by_boon-scanlation/1

Why, it's a new chapter of Stretch! That's what.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Looked like a nice date.

Ending heralding more drama perhaps. Or maybe just a reminder.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Insurrectionist posted:

Looked like a nice date.

Ending heralding more drama perhaps. Or maybe just a reminder.

Drama potential but I've thought that about this series before and it hasn't happened, so.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Drama potential but I've thought that about this series before and it hasn't happened, so.

Well it's had flashback-drama. And it's gotta happen SOME day given that. Probably.

One day I'll be right goddammit.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Collection (hah) of short stories by the same author as Collectors.

http://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/couleur_de_bijoux_damour

Haven't read them all yet but they seem interesting.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i've come to realize i love domestic na kanojo, it's my kind of trash

the main character is such a poo poo, i hope everything blows up in his face and all the girls end up with the handsome foreigner guy

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Same

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Collection (hah) of short stories by the same author as Collectors.

http://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/couleur_de_bijoux_damour

Haven't read them all yet but they seem interesting.

These are good. Thank you.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Cake Attack posted:

i've come to realize i love domestic na kanojo, it's my kind of trash

the main character is such a poo poo, i hope everything blows up in his face and all the girls end up with the handsome foreigner guy

I'll be honest, I barely read the chapters, I just read the last page to see what kind of bullshit comes up next, it's pretty great.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

New chapter of Between Rough and Smooth

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Between-Smooth-and-Rough/Vol-001-Ch-008--A-Dream?id=228644

Err, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hahaha, wow.