Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Trip Report: 31039 Blue Power Jet is a fun build and is super swooshable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
edit: bad gateway = doublepost

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The Final Duel ended up being a cooler set than I thought it was going to be, although the windows are just too drat small.

The platform the throne sits on is only secured by a couple studs- I wonder if it is meant to be removed so you can play under the stairs, or maybe will be attached to another set at some point...

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Dogen posted:

The Final Duel ended up being a cooler set than I thought it was going to be, although the windows are just too drat small.

The platform the throne sits on is only secured by a couple studs- I wonder if it is meant to be removed so you can play under the stairs, or maybe will be attached to another set at some point...

Love your theory. Would not be surprised

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Pirate Ken posted:

I thought at first it might be meant so you could just easily display the emperor by himself, because the little play mechanism that flips the lightsaber up is also easily removed, but the rim of the window is lower than the plate the whole thing sits on so I figured it wasn't meant for that.

Probably it's just so it's easy to get in there and make Luke hide under the stairs, but I like to dream.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Pirate Ken posted:

They had Final Dual 1 and 2 sets previously. They were really small sets tuough.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I'm guilty of buying a few sets of the bootleg Chinese mini figures, mainly out of morbid curiosity

Follow-up from a previous post -- my knockoff bootleg Walking Dead minifigs showed up today. I grabbed three fan favorites out of the whole pack (24 figures for $4 shipped):

Rick -- looks awesome. Carol -- looks pretty good too. Daryl -- AHHHH WHAT THE gently caress IS UP WITH YOUR FACE. So yeah, quality is hit or miss as previously stated.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Follow-up from a previous post -- my knockoff bootleg Walking Dead minifigs showed up today. I grabbed three fan favorites out of the whole pack (24 figures for $4 shipped):

Rick -- looks awesome. Carol -- looks pretty good too. Daryl -- AHHHH WHAT THE gently caress IS UP WITH YOUR FACE. So yeah, quality is hit or miss as previously stated.

Ok so looks like I need the whole Walking Dead series of these then. What's a good price to pay? I'm seeing about $20 + $10 shipping for 24 which I'm guessing is the whole series? Do you have a preferred buyer you buy from on ebay?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

mattfl posted:

Ok so looks like I need the whole Walking Dead series of these then. What's a good price to pay? I'm seeing about $20 + $10 shipping for 24 which I'm guessing is the whole series? Do you have a preferred buyer you buy from on ebay?

The best suggestion I can give is to refresh eBay a couple times a day for 'Walking Dead minifig'. Since the figures are essentially bootlegs, the benefit is that a ton of different people have access to buying them, which means eBay pricing can vary wildly. Sometimes that works against you; you'll get somebody selling a single figure (Sheriff Rick, for instance) for $8 alone. On the flip side of that, you'll get people who have no idea how to price the things who end up basically giving them away (which is how I got all 24 for $4). If you're not up for trying to game the system, the $20 + $10 is pretty standard for the complete set of all of them. That said, if you act fast you can usually get them for $10 - $15 from somebody once a day/once every other day, but the lower prices never last. I don't have any particular buyer that I frequently use; they all come from the same manufacturer, so as long as somebody has positive feedback, it doesn't particularly bother me who I'm buying from.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

The best suggestion I can give is to refresh eBay a couple times a day for 'Walking Dead minifig'. Since the figures are essentially bootlegs, the benefit is that a ton of different people have access to buying them, which means eBay pricing can vary wildly. Sometimes that works against you; you'll get somebody selling a single figure (Sheriff Rick, for instance) for $8 alone. On the flip side of that, you'll get people who have no idea how to price the things who end up basically giving them away (which is how I got all 24 for $4). If you're not up for trying to game the system, the $20 + $10 is pretty standard for the complete set of all of them. That said, if you act fast you can usually get them for $10 - $15 from somebody once a day/once every other day, but the lower prices never last. I don't have any particular buyer that I frequently use; they all come from the same manufacturer, so as long as somebody has positive feedback, it doesn't particularly bother me who I'm buying from.

Great thanks! It seems like whatever the knockoff Lego company that's making these has quite an assortment of them, I found them on aliexpress as well.

edit:

Ok I did some searching. There looks to be 3 main minifig knockoff Chinese companies.

Elephant, Decool, and SY(sheng yuan).

Elephant makes the Walking Dead ones
Decool seems to be mainly superhero focused, both DC and Marvel
SY has misc ones, SWAT, Ghostbusters, Hobbit, Simpsons, Clash of Clans and a few others.

In case anyone cares. :)

mattfl fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 27, 2015

Dogen
May 5, 2002

http://www.thebrickfan.com/first-look-at-lego-star-wars-the-force-awakens-set-75104/

What a boring looking set of grey slabs and a box :(

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Those are the best star wars sets. Keep an eye on bricklink for resellers that strip the minifigs, get a bunch of light grey pieces to improve your classic space inventory.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Anyone have any thoughts on the current Star Destroyer? I just bought the B-Wing but I'm looking for another big set to display next to my Falcon. Willing to spend $200, but I already have the smaller Slave I and the UCS TIE looks hideous.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Anyone have any thoughts on the current Star Destroyer? I just bought the B-Wing but I'm looking for another big set to display next to my Falcon. Willing to spend $200, but I already have the smaller Slave I and the UCS TIE looks hideous.

It's fun. Definitely sleeker looking up close than the TIE (I think the TIE looks great for what it's supposed to be, especially from a slight distance). Bottom of the ship (as always with Star Wars ships) and the engine area are the main disappointments. Interior is more fun than I thought it might be.

For $200, Red 5 maybe?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Oh. I can't wait until the new Minifigure Display Case is out. I bet it's gonna be stupid expensive though...

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

obi_ant posted:

Oh. I can't wait until the new Minifigure Display Case is out. I bet it's gonna be stupid expensive though...

What is this new case you're talking about?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

mattfl posted:

What is this new case you're talking about?

http://www.thebrickfan.com/new-lego-minifigure-display-case-found/#sthash.c5lpO0Vj

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Ah, so a lot like the older ones. I had 5 of the older ones at one point but got rid of them for my current setup.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

[quote="Dogen" post="""]

For $200, Red 5 maybe?
[/quote]

I've said it before but this for sure. Such a cool set and it will be gone sooner than later.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
Last year MY GIRLFRIEND begrudgingly bought me some bootleg Lego on her vacation to Thailand. They were Decool and very good quality. She got me Jor El (or whoever superman dad is) and it was on nearly on par with real figs. Definitely recommend, but if you mix them with REAL LEGO, you're scum.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

my POVray is currently broken, so no fancy render but I did a quick MOC after I couldn't fall asleep today.

What if the warboys drove old-timey racecars?

They'd be loving shiney and chrome. that's what.

e: holy tables.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Whats the deal with some smaller sets splitting the manual into 2 parts? I ran into this with some other set but all the small speed champions sets but the 918 Spyder split their manuals in two for such a small build.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Whats the deal with some smaller sets splitting the manual into 2 parts? I ran into this with some other set but all the small speed champions sets but the 918 Spyder split their manuals in two for such a small build.

It is strange. I have to assume it's some combination of paper sizes, bindings, and printing presses. Maybe the small manuals can't be as thick, so they split them up, or it actually costs less to do two small than a larger or thicker one.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Can anyone ID this part for a friend:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Gravy Jones posted:

That's an X-Wing engine.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

Gravy Jones posted:

http://brickset.com/parts/design-93168

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I told him I had "top men working on it". Thanks!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Part numbers are printed on all bricks, just FYI. Find it and search it on bricklink to get its name and what sets it's used in.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Mind blown

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gravy Jones posted:

David Mitchell :tipshat:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Just be aware that sometimes the number is in a really, really hard to read place, and I constantly mix up 3 and 5 because of their font.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

New Lego Ideas announced today. Marble Maze Labyrinth got picked up and that Star Citizen ship is still under consideration.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Dogen posted:

New Lego Ideas announced today. Marble Maze Labyrinth got picked up and that Star Citizen ship is still under consideration.

That maze set seems really cool.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
drat, there's a lot of Ideas sets coming out, or announced at least. The maze, Wall-E, Doctor Who, and Big bang Theory, all going to end up on my shelf.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Does the maze come with a David Bowie minifig?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The ones that didn't make it. I hope there is a museum modular at some point.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The piano seemed like a no brainer, I wonder what they didn't like about it.

Poor play options maybe? An explode-prone build?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

The_Doctor posted:

The ones that didn't make it. I hope there is a museum modular at some point.

But the Helicarier was made and I'd put money on them doing some kind of original Jurassic Park tie in to coincide with Jurassic World, maybe a set of Dimensions figures?
A museum modular seems like a no-brainer as well, they may not pass the Ideas board but you can tell they're paying attention.

e: wrong game title, poo poo's all the same

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 28, 2015

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Lizard Combatant posted:

But the Helicarier was made and I'd put money on them doing some kind of original Jurassic Park tie in to coincide with Jurassic World, maybe a set of Infinity figures?
A museum modular seems like a no-brainer as well, they may not pass the Ideas board but you can tell they're paying attention.

Yeah it seems like a lot of stuff from ideas is showing up in dimensions...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wait. Is that hornet being made? I don't give a gently caress about star citizen, but that looks rad.