Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Kavak posted:

They most certainly did. Did you not use the internet last week?

Everyone I know fell off last year so all I see are tweets saying "raaaaape" with no real context.

I did see that Sand Snake's tits though, well done missus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I've probably seen more tits on this show than from any other source.

And those were some amazing tits even by this titty show's tit standards.

I let out an audible "drat, honey", so yeah, I get it, show. I get why you didn't hire an actress.

e: it's sad that the highest praise you can give this show anymore is "well, it sucks. But it had a titty."

e2: and to think, there were once conversations about whether the show was feminist.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 13:11 on May 26, 2015

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It was pretty blatant in the book too.

But they played spooky reveal music during that scene!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Agreed. Even my 16-year old daughter, to my surprise, said that those were drat fine breasts.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It was pretty blatant in the book too.

Isn't it explicitly stated several times?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Isn't it explicitly stated several times?

R+L=J is more heavily implied.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
People poo poo on HBO and the showrunners need to recognize the showfinger's plans make much more sense than bookfinger's plan.

And gently caress Sansa's virginity, don't put it on a pedestal.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

I've probably seen more tits on this show than from any other source.

I let out an audible "drat, honey", so yeah, I get it, show. I get why you didn't hire an actress.

e: it's sad that the highest praise you can give this show anymore is "well, it sucks. But it had a titty."

e2: and to think, there were once conversations about whether the show was feminist.

Good avatar-post combo considering the actress was born in 1996.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

whatever7 posted:

And gently caress Sansa's virginity, don't put it on a pedestal.

It ain't the virginity, it's that the literal decade-long promise of Sansa becoming a major political player seems to have been kneecapped in the name of the holy "subversion"

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

weren't you gay, hodor? i seem to recall you being gay

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

V. Illych L. posted:

Exactly my point.

e: If it helps set the mood, I did say "drat, honey" in the queeniest voice.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

V. Illych L. posted:

Can't a man love tits and fat pink masts?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

RC Cola posted:

The world will be devastated when we reveal that fags love tits, too.

So many bad thinkpieces shall be written.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Good tittays are like good music, if the song's good enough you can appreciate it even if you aren't into the genre.

All I can talk about in this show/book are tits. It's me, I'm the worst feminist

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shoehead posted:

Good tittays are like good music, if the song's good enough you can appreciate it even if you aren't into the genre.

All I can talk about in this show/book are tits. It's me, I'm the worst feminist

Well frankly is there anything else to discuss about the show now that it's gone to hell?

The rape is bad. The tits are good. The writing is bad. The tits are good.

Repeat for two and half more seasons, then the finale is just a lukewarm turd with a sparkler stuck in it slowly spinning on a lazy susan.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

100% agree.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...
Didn't get to see the episode yet but seriously Tyrion is already meeting Dany? I wasn't expecting that to happen at least until the end of the season. Wow.

I imagine the entire episode is fast forwarded parts of Tyrion and Jorah blurring by doing stuff then stopping it right when it gets to Dany.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hunky Joe posted:

Didn't get to see the episode yet but seriously Tyrion is already meeting Dany? I wasn't expecting that to happen at least until the end of the season. Wow.

I imagine the entire episode is fast forwarded parts of Tyrion and Jorah blurring by doing stuff then stopping it right when it gets to Dany.

99% of JonCon/Aegon gets erased, Jorah and Tyrion go through Valyria, Jorah gets greyscale, they're captured by slavers and as slaves they fight in the Mereen fighting pits because Dany now is okay with slavery and Jorah is like "buh it's me" and Dany is all "lol gtfo" and then Tyrion is like "I'm Tyrion Lannister" and pro-slavery Dany in her city that's not under siege is like "zomg no way" and fade to black.

Legitimately so bad.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

RC Cola posted:

yeah but i feel it adds necessary context, i.e. the appreciation is more aesthetically objectifying than sexually objectifying

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

99% of JonCon/Aegon gets erased, Jorah and Tyrion go through Valyria, Jorah gets greyscale, they're captured by slavers and as slaves they fight in the Mereen fighting pits because Dany now is okay with slavery and Jorah is like "buh it's me" and Dany is all "lol gtfo" and then Tyrion is like "I'm Tyrion Lannister" and pro-slavery Dany in her city that's not under siege is like "zomg no way" and fade to black.

Legitimately so bad.

It's like someone said "people have been waiting like fifteen years for this moment. It's a really important moment! Momentous even. What should they say to each other?" "how about i am tyrion lannister and smash cut to credits?" "gently caress it, print it, i'm out to lunch"

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Krinkle posted:

It's like someone said "people have been waiting like fifteen years for this moment. It's a really important moment! Momentous even. What should they say to each other?" "how about i am tyrion lannister and smash cut to credits?" "gently caress it, print it, i'm out to lunch"

"Anakin Skywalker, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi."

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

Legitimately so bad.

gently caress, I totally missed the "slavery is back in style, guys!" aspect of the whole thing. Makes no sense, if you think about it.

Which I guess the writers didn't do. Or the continuity people. Or the director, or the producers.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Legitimately so bad.

Was that supposed to be the fighting pits?: cripes:

Looked more like the auditions for a high school production of Spartacus. Everything is so down-sized in the show.

Weeeeelcome to King's Landing folks. This afternoon we have the greatest champions of Westeros risking life and limb for your amusement, try not to crowd them a-are we just going to have the one bleacher oh, uh ok, right.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
To be fair, that was like the minor-league fighting pit to see who gets to advance to the big game. Still loving asinine though.

P.S. Boobs.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

My queen you must open up the fighting pits everyone watches the fights. Everyone! the whole city will love you if you open them back up.

Twelve people under a single umbrella watch four people poke each other in an open pavillion. What the gently caress kind of showing is this for the most popular sport of a city? CGI up some goddamn crowds. Use the flat rotating to face the camera sprites from a bad video game for all I care.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

Well I know this goes without asking but... Did they find a cock merchant at least?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

No tyrion pulled his chains and whipped the childe holding his fetters and told them he was a pit fighter too and the guy said whatever.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

Well chalk me up under disappointed then. I would've settled for "could be worse" which meant "they also didn't find a cock merchant".

This season could've been better with a guy selling prosthetic wangs at a carnie booth.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Anyone got a screen cap of those tittys? I don't want to have to download the episode just to see them again.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Kelly C. is the cock merchant.

She'll receive an indecent proposal. A fleet of ships for one little, teensy thing.

In return she will offer Tyrion the command of the unsullied.

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010

Krinkle posted:

My queen you must open up the fighting pits everyone watches the fights. Everyone! the whole city will love you if you open them back up.

Twelve people under a single umbrella watch four people poke each other in an open pavillion. What the gently caress kind of showing is this for the most popular sport of a city? CGI up some goddamn crowds. Use the flat rotating to face the camera sprites from a bad video game for all I care.

I thought it was supposed to be like the early qualifiers of the Champion's League, teams and players you've never heard of competing.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

"In this corner we have the undefeated warrior of countless matches, Budgetus Minimus!"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Bemis posted:

I thought it was supposed to be like the early qualifiers of the Champion's League, teams and players you've never heard of competing.

NFL Preseason draws a crowd of more than 6 people. Also, wasn't banned for over a year.

The first fighting pit fight should have had the city flipping its collective poo poo.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

NFL Preseason draws a crowd of more than 6 people. Also, wasn't banned for over a year.

The first fighting pit fight should have had the city flipping its collective poo poo.

NCAA tourney is a big deal but still nobody gives a poo poo about the play in games.

Regardless, did their budget get decreased or something?

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
So what happened with Stonesnake? I can imagine him climbing away and slowly making his way back to Castle Black and saving the day.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
He's been listed in every single appendix since ACOK and he's not marked as dead, so something's up with him. The appendices never lie.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
What was with that random big guy who freed Tyrion for no explained reason? Oh please tell me it's Strong Belwas...

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Brony Hunter posted:

What was with that random big guy who freed Tyrion for no explained reason? Oh please tell me it's Strong Belwas...

That would be awesome.

I am also missing the Greatjon. He and Stonesnake and Rickon will rule the north

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I mean, he did use an arakh to free Tyrion, and we didn't get to check his stomach for scars, so maybe?

Truly the most exciting scene in Season 5 thus far, if so.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Too little too late.

If he doesn't heave a gummy log on Mereen's champion what good is he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

Too little too late.

If he doesn't heave a gummy log on Mereen's champion what good is he?

In the essence of condensing characters to borrow others' plot lines, Strong Belwas will take the place of Dany making GBS threads in the fields.

He will then lead his own Khalasar once he defeats Khal Whateverhisnameis and offer it to Dany.