Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Why is there an American flag behind Sarah Connor? It makes it look like one of those Iran-Iraq War or IRA martyr murals.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Because Americans are really weird and creepy when it comes to flag waving.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Young Freud posted:

Why is there an American flag behind Sarah Connor? It makes it look like one of those Iran-Iraq War or IRA martyr murals.

And the robots' red glare, the droids bursting in air, gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Waffleman_ posted:

4 was the pirate game. 3 was the American Revolution.

2/Brotherhood/Revelations was the Renaissance, Unity was the French Revolution in the immediate wake of Les Mis, and the new one's Victorian London. Most of the settings rear end Creed goes for are honestly pretty stock-standard for period stuff, the only reason they seem unique in video games is because we rarely get outright period stuff.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Even in movies, we somewhat rarely get period action stuff in those eras.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

amusinginquiry posted:

It really is amazing how they can't make a good poster, in any form, for the new Terminator movie.

Lmao that a bridge gets it's own panel in the triptych.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Noxville posted:

Lmao that a bridge gets it's own panel in the triptych.

Haha, thank you for pointing out what was so ridiculous about it, I couldn't quite pinpoint it. It's like they thought it was only going to take up 2 buildings and had no idea what to do with the third. "Sure, just fill the top 1/8th of this building-sized poster with the title and release date, that should be enough to draw their attention."

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Just have replaced Emilia Clarke with Jai Courtney so Arnold could be sandwiched between two inanimate objects.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Are the lights in the background meant to be bombs exploding or are there three suns?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Just have replaced Emilia Clarke with Jai Courtney so Arnold could be sandwiched between two inanimate objects.

Jai Courtney is a better actor than Emilia Clarke, which I do not mean as a compliment to Jai Courtney.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Sir Kodiak posted:

Jai Courtney is a better actor than Emilia Clarke, which I do not mean as a compliment to Jai Courtney.

Oh come on, she does a pretty good job of channeling Linda Hamilton in the trailers.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Oh come on, she does a pretty good job of channeling Linda Hamilton in the trailers.

Is this sarcasm or are you being serious?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

The only good job of channeling anything those trailers do is channeling my interest away from the movie.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

BlueBayou posted:

Through the lens of an SNL parody maybe.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Not since Movie 43 have I seen a movie's marketing so consistently fail to make it look good. And Movie 43 was just commercials, this is fuckin' everything.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The big Terminator Sysgendir trailer includes the boss fight and the dramatic twist, so they're definitely not pulling a "keep the good stuff close to the chest" trailer.

It's one of those trailers where every joke in the comedy movie is in that trailer.

In any just world that turd would be a September release and Fury Road would have gotten the 4th of July weekend.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Sir Kodiak posted:

Is this sarcasm or are you being serious?

I think I just have really low expectations and standards. Or am blinded by all encompassing love for all things Game of Thrones.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

BlueBayou posted:

I think I just have really low expectations and standards. Or am blinded by all encompassing love for all things Game of Thrones.

If they'd gone back in time to find Sarah Connor as a 10 year old, sure.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe Maisie Williams would be a better Sarah Conner. Terminating people is what she does in GoT. It's a good match.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

I like her well enough on the show – and she did up her game when she got to act across from Peter Dinklage – but man does that goodwill not extend to this loving trainwreck.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

If they'd gone back in time to find Sarah Connor as a 10 year old, sure.

You know, they do show this in the trailer, so it would be a cute bit of casting if she's supposed to be infantilized by virtue of having had a Terminator protector since she was a little girl.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Emilia Clarke is Terminator 1 Sarah Connor trying to play Terminator 2 Sarah Connor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think Linda Hamilton (or you know, Arnold) are really good enough actors that the standards to which we're holding actors in the Terminator films makes sense.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I don't think Linda Hamilton (or you know, Arnold) are really good enough actors that the standards to which we're holding actors in the Terminator films makes sense.

No, this is an indication of how little regard I have for Emilia Clarke as an actress.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Aphrodite posted:

Linda Hamilton is a million times more convincing than whatever Emilia Clarke is trying to do. I mean, like I say, if we're doing Disney XD Terminator, sure, but otherwise give me a break.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Also, wow at the idea that Arnold Schwarzenegger wasn't a hell of a movie star, whatever you think of his dramatic chops.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What has Clarke even done besides GoT that you're judging her on?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mister Chief posted:

What has Clarke even done besides GoT that you're judging her on?

What difference does it make?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I think she's absolutely fine in that.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Jai Courtney was "fine" in Spartacus, a show I really like, that doesn't mean I want to see him in movies.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Compare the impression you'd have of Peter Dinklage, Alfie Allen, Charles Dance, Gwendoline Christie, or Stephen Dillane with Emilia Clarke after only having seen them in Game of Thrones.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Brad Bird skillfully handled a little kid as a tough future commando but I do not have the same confidence in this film.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Linda Hamilton is a million times more convincing than whatever Emilia Clarke is trying to do. I mean, like I say, if we're doing Disney XD Terminator, sure, but otherwise give me a break.

It helps that they way Hamilton's Connor is reacting to the Terminator and her responsibility is pretty much the Kuebler-Ross five stages of grieving: denial at the Terminator's existence and Reese's claims, depression when learning her friends have been killed, bargaining with the police and the criminal psychologist over it being a possible delusion of Reese's, anger at Reese and John Connor for dumping this on her, and finally acceptance.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It helps that she is forceful, committed and convincing in every way: as a bad mother, as a good mother, as a delusional psych-ward patient, as a thoroughly convinced survivalist, etc. On the other hand, you this apple cheeked little kid with dimples trying to bark orders.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

It helps that she is forceful, committed and convincing in every way: as a bad mother, as a good mother, as a delusional psych-ward patient, as a thoroughly convinced survivalist, etc. On the other hand, you this apple cheeked little kid with dimples trying to bark orders.

Which works fine on Game of Thrones because she's supposed to be out of her depth and skating on genetic good luck, but nothing we've seen for Genisys suggests this sort of awareness.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I hope they don't just pretend as if and have a little sense of humor about it.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Folks didn't realize just how good they had it with Terminator Salvation.

But let's not kid ourselves; Genesis is going to be on par with Terminator 3. It won't be a total fiasco.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It will be a total fiasco.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Also, shlubby hash-slinger Hamilton Sarah saw the poo poo go down and roid-raged into T2 master tactician/survivalist Hamilton Sarah.

Clarke Sarah has had 15+ years to get poo poo together and prepare to kick robots in the dick, but she just looks and feels like a sweet, babyfat-cheeked, harmless high school girl.

Her look, her presence, her voice, none of it sells me on her being self-sacrificing valkyrie that T2 Hamilton pulled off.

If they were going to pull someone from the popular tv show Game of Thrones to play Sarah Connor, it should have been Lena Headey or whatshername that plays Osha, Bran's wildling pal.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The one thing I remember the most, especially from the first film, is her yelling at Reese about not wanting be "the mother of the future". It's very obvious that it's coming from somewhere, that she's straight-up fed up with all this poo poo that's happened, the Tech Noir shootout, her dead friends, the police station attack, that she has the rant because it's been building up inside her through the movie.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Also, shlubby hash-slinger Hamilton Sarah saw the poo poo go down and roid-raged into T2 master tactician/survivalist Hamilton Sarah.

Clarke Sarah has had 15+ years to get poo poo together and prepare to kick robots in the dick, but she just looks and feels like a sweet, babyfat-cheeked, harmless high school girl.

Her look, her presence, her voice, none of it sells me on her being self-sacrificing valkyrie that T2 Hamilton pulled off.

If they were going to pull someone from the popular tv show Game of Thrones to play Sarah Connor, it should have been Lena Headey or whatshername that plays Osha, Bran's wildling pal.

I'm pretty sure that the casting was done by focus group, judging that we also have Matt Smith in an naked appeal to bring in the Doctor Who fan base and Byung-Hun Lee for the international market.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
She's no Lay Down Sally. Sarah Connor is my role model.