Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Do none of you live in places with visible miniorities?? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Watching the 2nd ep of season 3 now. They're explaining the rules.

Thank god they're complicated.

This already seems more indepth than last season.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Subyng posted:

Do none of you live in places with visible miniorities?? :psyduck:

It's not minorities, it's about foreign speakers. English is a very hard second language to speak without an accent, and the people on these shows are very, very good at it (although the one girl on season one of crime scene went to school in LA).

This is bullshit and does not help, but a lot of Korean parents actually subject their children to tongue-clipping surgery at very young ages. They erroneously believe that it will make the tongue more flexible and aid in good English pronunciation. They place a ton of value on it.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
I don't know if anyone else follows The Genius on Facebook. But you get great results when using the translator, here's what it said about the upcoming episode.

It's a friendship with me with all the mold ...
If the fish sold as an arm cast

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
A person from the current season of the Genius is going to be a guest on next week's Running Man. I tend to catch it on Drama Fever, but there are other places if you google around. The episode should be up next Monday.

I know we're all liberal with spoiler tags, even for previews, but I wanted to let everyone know ASAP so you know to check it out. Running Man's a pretty drat enjoyable Korean variety show, you can check out the thread for more info if you want, but you'll be fine to just jump in to the latest episode. Chances are if you know about the Genius you know about Running Man anyway, but you never know. I'm hoping to convert some more people to being RM fans like me.

If you want to know exactly who it'll be, it's :siren:Jinho:siren:. Other people from the Genius have appeared on the show as well, if you dig through its archives, I couldn't give you exact episode numbers or anything though.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!

NowonSA posted:

If you want to know exactly who it'll be, it's :siren:Jinho:siren:. Other people from the Genius have appeared on the show as well, if you dig through its archives, I couldn't give you exact episode numbers or anything though.

Off the top of my head, Dongmin was on ep. 13, which is also one of the best in the show's history, and Jiwon was on 141, a nice trip to the zoo.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
When rewatching the DUN-DUN-DUNNNN reveal before the last hand of RPS I noticed they synched the first beats of the Fury Road track with Sangmin putting down his chips.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
Singing and speaking without foreign accents are very different levels of :effort:

Also you have an accent.

e: I came here to post that this season owns.

Sacro fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jul 21, 2015

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Eponymous posted:

Off the top of my head, Dongmin was on ep. 13, which is also one of the best in the show's history, and Jiwon was on 141, a nice trip to the zoo.

Yeah, those were two that I knew had guested before. Jiwon was on a much more recent episode too. I totally forgot that Dongmin was on 13, but then it was the first thing I ever saw him in, it was probably a few years ago, and my memory was overwritten by Yooruce Willis.

Edit: I started watching episode 13 again, and this stuck out to me. It made me think of those 70's/80's style openings that people did for shows like Game of Thrones, there's a good few seconds in this episode near where I grabbed this image that could work for that, though of course you'd have plenty of material in the Genius itself.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jul 21, 2015

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I think Sunggyu and Yuram have also guested on RM before.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sunggyu was on the New Years cooking special last year on HaHa's team.

Haven't watched Running Man in awhile but I'll definitely have to watch this one.

Does anyone have the video of YJS interviewing Jinho for Infinite Challenge? I know someone subbed it but I can't remember if it was Bumdidlyump or not.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

NeuroticLich posted:

Sunggyu was on the New Years cooking special last year on HaHa's team.

Haven't watched Running Man in awhile but I'll definitely have to watch this one.

Does anyone have the video of YJS interviewing Jinho for Infinite Challenge? I know someone subbed it but I can't remember if it was Bumdidlyump or not.

The Jinho cut for the IC episode was taken down for copyright. You can watch it from Dramafever if that is an option for you.

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4337/72/Infinity_Challenge/

Jinho's interview starts about 8 minutes in.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Thank you! It was driving me crazy trying to find it, I didn't know what episode it was either.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK Season 3 is a hell of a lot better than Season 2.

Complicated games :neckbeard:

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Welp. Hold off on F5'ing for a couple days for people waiting for the next episode.

https://twitter.com/Bumdidlyump/status/623622734808002561
Bumdidlyumptious ‏@Bumdidlyump 14 minutes ago
"Episode 4 will be a few days late. Been doing overtime at work this week."

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Not even upset. It's really amazing that she does all of this by herself, and generally very quickly.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Yeah, it's seriously impressive how she translates absolutely everything (including all those extra text popups on screen). The only people who'd be upset would be those with absolutely no sense of how long it takes to sub things.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Well, I for one am furious

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
we don't really deserve bumdidlyumptious in our lives

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Ok I'd like to just figure this out once and for all. Is bumdiddlyumptious a guy or a girl because I've heard both pronouns used. They're fantastic regardless but I am curious.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
It's very ambiguous but I'm leaning towards Bumdi being a male because I've seen his previous profile picture used by a random person I encountered before in a Kakao game (에브리타운/Everytown) a few years ago. There were also the usual flavor text that Korean shows have in the picture. The fact that he/she has kept it ambiguous and has not revealed any personal details at all should mean they want to keep it private. I'll respect that and I won't dig past further than my own speculation.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I always thought it was a women with a big crush on Jinho, but it could always be a guy with a big crush on Jinho of course

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Mob posted:

I always thought it was a women with a big crush on Jinho, but it could always be a guy with a big crush on Jinho of course

Plot twist: bumdidlyumptious is Jinho.

And also bandage face.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Varam posted:

Plot twist: bumdidlyumptious is Jinho.

And also bandage face.

Bumdi is dealer nuna because Bumdi is a CHINGUYA

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
It really is amazing how much work bumdi puts into subbing. I remember few years back when isubs were subbing running man and man... It took ages for that sweet quality sub but if bumdi is working alone then hats off to this person for delivering good quality subs in such short time of one of the best shows there is.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, it's surprising how crazy good these subs are, too. My boyfriend wanted me to watch some bollywood movie and literally every sub we found (and there were like, 4 different ones) were just... completely crap quality. My appreciation for bumdi went up like tenfold after that.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Soylentbits posted:

Ok I'd like to just figure this out once and for all. Is bumdiddlyumptious a guy or a girl because I've heard both pronouns used. They're fantastic regardless but I am curious.

Shes a girl

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I think it's time for me to stop following The Genius on facebook. I can't be certain (and don't want to be) but I think they may have spoiled who was going home this week because they posted a ton of pictures of one person from what looks like this and a prior season, all in one gallery. If when I'm watching, that person gets to the deathmatch, I'll know one way or another.

So, to anyone else who liked the Genius's facebook, be careful.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Does she have a Patreon or something? I'd give a few bucks.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006

Superrodan posted:

I think it's time for me to stop following The Genius on facebook.

Not really spoiler, more a comment on your post: A prior season you say? Hope the deathmatch is not Jinho against another player...

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Mob posted:

Yeah, me too. We're such heteronormative assholes. We should be ashamed of ourselves.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
The RAW file is up on the dailymotion page so it shouldn't be much longer.

Also n'thing how fantastic these subs are. They look legit as hell.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

xcore posted:

The RAW file is up on the dailymotion page so it shouldn't be much longer.

Also n'thing how fantastic these subs are. They look legit as hell.

It's not that though, bumdidly cited a nutso work schedule, so that affects how long it'll take to sub, even if the raw version is available.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Propaganda Machine posted:

It's not that though, bumdidly cited a nutso work schedule, so that affects how long it'll take to sub, even if the raw version is available.

Somebody just give her all the money please.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Soylentbits posted:

Somebody just give her all the money please.

It'd be nice if we could collaborate on some sign of appreciation for her work after this season's over. It doesn't have to be money, maybe some kind of art of video package?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I actually think Bumdidly could be a straight guy who's a Jinho fanboy. I remember on teamliquid once they made a post saying how hot Yuram was.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Who gives a gently caress? Bumdidlyump is awesome regardless if the correct pronoun is "he" or "she".

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

NowonSA posted:

It'd be nice if we could collaborate on some sign of appreciation for her work after this season's over. It doesn't have to be money, maybe some kind of art of video package?

This sounds like an awesome idea. You can totally count me in.

I am in the same boat as everyone, Sangmin leaving sucked. He is so entertaining to watch. He was completely dominating the games though, and it would be really nice to see other people stepping up now that he isn't there. He messed up by trusting tittygod for no good reason, but I found it fascinating how much better he was than Dongmin, who is fantastic, at the social aspect of the game.

I loved that from the first game, Sangmin:
a. made sure to approach Kyungran and reinstate his alliance with her (later cementing it by giving her immunity)
b. begun an alliance with the smartest game player: Hyunmin (also giving him immunity), and
c. also went for Jungmoon who everyone appears to admire.

So whenever Sangmin offered you an alliance, you weren't just allying yourself with him, but you were also joining an alliance that had Hyunmin and Kyungran. Would you want to be on that side? or on the side against them? It was very smart. I did like that tittygod seemed to have a brain, and I wouldn't mind seeing him use it in the future.

However, I will be extremely disappointed and upset if things with tittygod continue as they have so far. I'm really tired of watching him follow people around, acting like an idiot, betraying people for no reason, etc while everyone tries their best to ignore him. It's just not fun. I'd also be disappointed if Dongmin takes over Sangmin and just leads the alliances. I want more people stepping up.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

Oh, sorry. This is the first season I've been watching week to week. Previously I've left it for a few weeks and caught up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Clocks posted:

Yeah, it's surprising how crazy good these subs are, too. My boyfriend wanted me to watch some bollywood movie and literally every sub we found (and there were like, 4 different ones) were just... completely crap quality. My appreciation for bumdi went up like tenfold after that.

As someone who has been watching bollywood movies my entire life, I find this rather surprising. Even the ripoff dvd's my parents would buy at the local indian store had passable subtitles.