Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUC_DOhfzwQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spoils
Nov 2, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgttIPWTHBI

spoils fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jul 29, 2015

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

battle rap :thesperg:

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
https://soundcloud.com/octobersveryown/drake-back-to-back-freestyle

you love her then you gotta give the world to her
is that a world tour or your girls tour?
i know that you gotta be a thug for her
this ain't what she meant when she told you to open up more
trigger fingers turn to twitter fingers
you gettin bodied by a singin nigga

i was really rooting for some good shots from Meek but, he's dead now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

GET MONEY posted:

Holy loving LOL

edit thanks to Twitter:

monkeu fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jul 29, 2015

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Meek Mill is an embarrassment to hip hop

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Meek Mill is an embarrassment to hip hop

I legit like this song, stupid rear end Ferg aside:

https://youtu.be/BfqnmJZeLgQ

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Drake should reply Kendrick now.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Oh my god lmao drake

"You getting bodied by a singin nigga"

Wowwwww lmao

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

temple posted:

Drake should reply Kendrick now.

Reply to what? Kendrick half heartedly calling him out and then immediately afterwards releasing the most boring album of 2015? Why bother?

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Drizzy snap released a mixtape as an album and it outsold Kendrick's super-hyped release.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

monkeu posted:

Reply to what? Kendrick half heartedly calling him out and then immediately afterwards releasing the most boring album of 2015? Why bother?
TPAB is boring because....

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

temple posted:

It's a chore to listen to? Highlights include King Kunta and a long pretend interview with Tupac? I dunno but it is :shrug:

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
I like the verse from Dumbfoundead in that It G Ma remix. Any of his tapes I should check out?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

monkeu posted:

It's a chore to listen to? Highlights include King Kunta and a long pretend interview with Tupac? I dunno but it is :shrug:

Lol the first and last songs.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Meek's career is over. Nobody survives the wheelchair Jimmy ether

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

temple posted:

Lol the first and last songs.

LMAO the album's so boring you've completely forgotten two tracks apparently. King Kunta is track 3. Thanks for proving my point :laugh:

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Puseklepp posted:

I like the verse from Dumbfoundead in that It G Ma remix. Any of his tapes I should check out?

Fun With Dumb was cool

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

temple posted:

Because it's boring.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man, It sucks Drake always responds to dudes who he knows can't actually respond back with fire(Common, Meek, Luda, Tyga).

Would have been fun to see Drake and Kendrick, or especially Drake and Pusha go back and forth.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dexo posted:

Man, It sucks Drake always responds to dudes who he knows can't actually respond back with fire(Common, Meek, Luda, Tyga).

Would have been fun to see Drake and Kendrick, or especially Drake and Pusha go back and forth.
Meek Mill is pretty good though, at least he goes hard. Mill is like the only person that would hypothetically be entertaining. Kendrick is loving boring and there's a non-zero chance that Pusha would actually just murder him lol

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

GET MONEY posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GET MONEY posted:

good riddance meek

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

straight up brolic posted:

Meek Mill is pretty good though, at least he goes hard. Mill is like the only person that would hypothetically be entertaining. Kendrick is loving boring and there's a non-zero chance that Pusha would actually just murder him lol

Back to the wheelchair

temple
Jul 29, 2006

monkeu posted:

LMAO the album's so boring you've completely forgotten two tracks apparently. King Kunta is track 3. Thanks for proving my point :laugh:
Lol name someone not boring and not retarded that could reply to Drake.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

temple posted:

Lol name someone not boring and not retarded that could reply to Drake.

Jaden Smith.

Edit:

quote:

Saved by music: Drake donates $75,000 studio to Meek Mill’s dilapidated high school

http://www.olisa.tv/2015/03/13/saved-musicdrake-donates-75000-studio-meek-mills-dilapidated-high-school/

ignore the date

Dexo fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 29, 2015

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Dexo posted:

Common started off pretty hot with Sweet and that Stay Schemin freestyle, but then it fizzled out and they made up. Drake never put out anything official, but it probably would have been an epic slapfight.

Ludacris's beef was kind of one sided, since Drake stole the rapping style from a dude (Big Sean) who stole it from Luda. Luda got his shot in and it didn't really hit but his point couldn't be more true.

Drake and Kendrick would have been pretty fun, but Drake would win against the TPAB Kendrick or lose to the GKMC Kendrick; Pusha is a no contest where he'd put Drake's bodybag in a bodybag. He'd Diddy his rear end quickfast.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Kendrick vs Drake is the softest thing I've ever imagined in my life

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

i'm way more interested in the meek mill norm kelly beef

this guy is cool
https://twitter.com/norm/status/624328836532932610
https://twitter.com/norm/status/625715126113562624

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Puseklepp posted:

i didnt love the original it g ma but this new version owns and the video is sick

also meek mill is a huge pussy drake is still bad and tpab is still boring but good

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

This is a top 3 moment in Canada history. This is the closest thing Canada has ever got to winning a Super Bowl. Shame Philly doesn't know what that's like either. City of brotherly Ls.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yuzenn posted:

Drake and Kendrick would have been pretty fun, but Drake would win against the TPAB Kendrick or lose to the GKMC Kendrick; Pusha is a no contest where he'd put Drake's bodybag in a bodybag. He'd Diddy his rear end quickfast.

Eh, Any version of Kendrick would body Drake, if he actually wanted to go in.

Like you can say TPAB was boring or whatever and that's cool. I disagree with you, but hey opinions.

But yall really acting as if Kendrick releasing a concept album that may not have been what you were looking for is a referendum on his rapping ability?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Did meek just have nothing to say other than the original Twitter rant, because this whole behavior doesn't really make much sense

temple
Jul 29, 2006

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Kendrick vs Drake is the softest thing I've ever imagined in my life
Posting this from your cubicle at work is probably the softest thing.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Dexo posted:

Eh, Any version of Kendrick would body Drake, if he actually wanted to go in.

Like you can say TPAB was boring or whatever and that's cool. I disagree with you, but hey opinions.

But yall really acting as if Kendrick releasing a concept album that may not have been what you were looking for is a referendum on his rapping ability?

I think Kendrick could easily be top 5 currently rapping, I think he can rap his rear end off; I'm just in the group of people who didn't like the format and stylization of the album. I liked even less the critical acclaim that got levied at this album when people who are his contemporary got no love for doing much of the same thing (Lupe for example).

But yeah thinking about it, Kendrick if he wanted could easily handle Drake.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Tremendous Taste posted:

Did meek just have nothing to say other than the original Twitter rant, because this whole behavior doesn't really make much sense

He also posted an Instagram video of himself screaming for 15 seconds as a joke.

Apparently drake signed some philly dude who used to have beef w/ meek, and sent a bunch of bottles over to charlamagne. I think we can call this one

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Best thing about this so far is the Joe Carter cover for back to back. Kind of a next level diss lol.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Just a reminder before this goes into stan territory lol, Drake is up 2 records to Meeks 4 tweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Kendrick vs. Drake would be like pitting a chess grandmaster against a pro basketball player; what would be the point? Kendrick can easily outrap Drake, but no one has ever cared about the quality of Drake's bars or whether he wrote them himself. Attacking Drake from a technical/lyrical standpoint is useless because traditional rapping was irrelevant to Drake's success in the first place. Meek failed to hurt him because of that, and I think Kendrick would fail because of that too.

If we're being honest, the rapper most likely to obliterate Drake would be Nicki.