Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

McDragon posted:

Just the biographies and pictures, Brickset linked them I think? They can't come out soon enough anyway.

Agreed, I got the shakes thinking of the hunt in my cum-stained jorts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Dogen posted:

If you don't want Antony, which is the main part of the build, you are a monster.

I reconsidered, don't worry. I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons why I'm a monster.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

It seems that the Big Bang set is available on the Lego site.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Those new monster mini figures are great looking, looks like I need to get some additional rooms built on the Haunted House. I am already running out of room as it is with the current mini figure monsters, might need to pick up the Ghost Train some how to get some extra display space.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Rythe posted:

Those new monster mini figures are great looking, looks like I need to get some additional rooms built on the Haunted House. I am already running out of room as it is with the current mini figure monsters, might need to pick up the Ghost Train some how to get some extra display space.

Surprisingly, the Ghost Train isn't too expensive yet. I see it occasionally selling for as low as $60, although the average is $90+. I'd say get it ASAP--the new minifig series might drive up the cost of the Train and Mansion.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So is the Mystery Machine actually out in stores yet? I saw some other Scooby Doo sets in a Toys R Us and a Lego Store, but neither seemed to have a spot on the shelf for the Mystery Machine.

obi_ant posted:

I saw it at a Toys R Us of all places last week.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
I saw the Mystery Machine at a few Targets in my area (and a frustrating lack of decent clearance!)

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

pzy posted:

I saw the Mystery Machine at a few Targets in my area (and a frustrating lack of decent clearance!)

My Target had one Mystery Machine left. They didn't have a complete set of characters, though; whatever set has Velma didn't have any space.

Target also had the new Friends line. Pop Star looked kinda meh, but the Hotel was like 1500 pieces for $120, so it's a decent deal. Lots of gold accent pieces, too.

Virtually nothing clearanced except some Melting Chambers and, strangely, Minecraft The End (the microbuilds) were half-off. I should've picked up a couple more for the Enderman prints.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
All of the clearance prices seems to have vanished, even if the sets have not.

Looking at the set listing on Scooby, looks like the most expensive set is the only one with Velma. Lego knows who people want.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

obi_ant posted:

That quietly snuck out.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

The_Doctor posted:

That quietly snuck out.

They made a huge deal of announcing it on their Facebook page.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

They made a huge deal of announcing it on their Facebook page.

Lego doesn't pop up in my feed as often as I'd like. #LegoLivesMatter

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I want get the BBT set and right Lego Germany includes a winter soldier minifig. Do I want that fig?

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Big Mean Jerk posted:

On the other hand, the first SW Technic sets were pretty sweet

I got this set for $15 on clearance the year it was released, and it is an amazing set. The amount of articulation, and how it roles and unfolds automatically via rubber bands is amazing. Unlike any other set I know of.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I didn't realize that there is both online "Pick-a-Brick" and "Bricks & Pieces". They seem basically the same, except for having different pieces/colors available and different pricing. Very odd.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Factor Mystic posted:

I got this set for $15 on clearance the year it was released, and it is an amazing set. The amount of articulation, and how it roles and unfolds automatically via rubber bands is amazing. Unlike any other set I know of.

I have that set, pieced it back together with the help of Bricklink. Unfortunately, the rubbber bands do not work as well as they used to.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

smackfu posted:

I didn't realize that there is both online "Pick-a-Brick" and "Bricks & Pieces". They seem basically the same, except for having different pieces/colors available and different pricing. Very odd.

According to the customer phone line, pick a brick is "standard" pieces they offer whereas Bricks and Pieces is actually ALL the pieces you can order. I wanted to order two additional blue baseplates for my tower bridge (I need to cut them so it fits the wall mount) and did not find them so I called up and she explained the difference as I stated above. Hence why one is on the store page and the other under the "missing a piece" support section.
Why exactly they split it up :iiam:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

obi_ant posted:

Looks rather flat and boring? I thought I was going to get it but first impressions says no.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Saw that my target was doing the Lego reset today, I love Lego lighthouses, in the future I'm definitely grabbing the Scooby Doo haunted one. Anyone get it yet and have a opinion on it?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

uXs posted:

Looks rather flat and boring? I thought I was going to get it but first impressions says no.

While it might be partially fuelled by a lack of interest in the show, I kinda can't believe that it made it through Ideas. It feels like one of the most boring things you could do with a lego set. It's just a room with characters. :geno: At least the Ghostbusters car is an iconic vehicle with nostalgia attached to it, and Wall-E is an interesting/unique looking character.

The Big Bang set feels like you could switch up the figs and some props and it'd work with whatever sitcom you want it to.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Is the piece for Mr. Smithers a single 2x2 block or two 2x2s you have to stick together? He is the only one I am having trouble finding and the last one I need to complete the series.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh no, Bricks and Pieces is amazing and I didn't need to know it existed. It has so much stuff.

Also I kind of liked the look of that Big Bang Theory set but not at that price.

e: ha, if you look up the collectable minifigure series number on Bricks and Pieces it (very politely) tells you to gently caress off

McDragon fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 4, 2015

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Rythe posted:

Is the piece for Mr. Smithers a single 2x2 block or two 2x2s you have to stick together? He is the only one I am having trouble finding and the last one I need to complete the series.

Two 2x2s and it is practically impossible for him to hold his prop as a result :smith:

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Went to the Lego store today to buy my GF The Mystery Machine and somehow walked out with Hulkbuster, Utility Shuttle, and City Square too. I think I have a problem. Shuttle is a nice set if you want a fun little space set but don't want to pay the stupid amount they're charging for the Spaceport. It's basically a smaller version of that vehicle, minus the booster rocket.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

uXs posted:

Flat and boring? The set is jam-packed with cool details.

Unfortunately I absolutely loathe the television show.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Two 2x2s and it is practically impossible for him to hold his prop as a result :smith:

I stuck it on his hand and have him kind of carrying it off to the side.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Have the Blue Power Jet shown up at Target, TRU, WalMart etc or are they currently Lego store only? My local Walmart left a stack of planograms on the shelf where some clearance Lego Movie stuff used to be and I didn't see it anywhere.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I saw it at Walmart tonight.

No mystery machine in sight, though.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

TheMadMilkman posted:

I saw it at Walmart tonight.

No mystery machine in sight, though.

Scooby-Doo stuff is sold out almost exclusively in a 50-mile radius around me. Luckily there's a Wal-Mart in my old college town about an hour out that somehow manages to always have "rare" sets in stock.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
These just came down the belt at work. The box they were supposed to be in came down a few minutes later. RIP :(

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Cloks posted:

I stuck it on his hand and have him kind of carrying it off to the side.

Like putting his hand inside the circular stud hole? I've found its extremely likely to fly off at 100mph when I do that :(

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You should be able to fit the top of his hand into one of the outer 4 holes, like a normal stud.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

These just came down the belt at work. The box they were supposed to be in came down a few minutes later. RIP :(

hmm depending on where you work claim insurance and keep the sets? maybe you can assemble 1 functioning set from them?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What? I work at UPS. The box they were in got obliterated. They're not mine.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Ah ok I thought you might work in a toy store/retailers. Never mind then.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh poo poo!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Oh man, gonna buy the hell out of each of those the second the show up in stores.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Zodack posted:

Flat and boring? The set is jam-packed with cool details.

Unfortunately I absolutely loathe the television show.

I am completely ambivalent to the show, but yeah agreed. I'd love it if they did a set of a show I liked with that many figures and that much detail in the environment, even if it was just a room. For a fan it looks like a great display set and I dig the diorama style.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

The_Doctor posted:

Oh poo poo!

Between Scooby-Doo, Dr. Who, S14 MiniFigs, various Creator sets, and now that, I'm going to be flat broke.

E: And Wall-E. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Dr. Benway posted:

Between Scooby-Doo, Dr. Who, S14 MiniFigs, various Creator sets, and now that, I'm going to be flat broke.

E: And Wall-E. gently caress.

Going to pick up two Wall-E's, one for home and one for work :)