Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Unguided posted:

His weird jarhead does draw the vision in first. After the initial shock wears off you notice just how bad the suit on the rejected Squall Leonheart design is.

On the plus side, we know they're being stringent enough with their kickstarter funds that they didn't spend any on clothes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ms2F_G82I

Holy poo poo, actual game footage?!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Orv posted:

Where to even begin

As much as I'd love to mock him, Blair is the lone legit dude on that team. =/

Orv
May 4, 2011

2DCAT posted:

As much as I'd love to mock him, Blair is the lone legit dude on that team. =/

Then why is he on that team?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Orv posted:

Dunno... money and a lack of decent options? At either rate, having Gordon calling the shots pretty much negates any good that Blair brings to the table...

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Orv posted:

Because the game industry isn't a job market that favors the employee. You kind of take what you can get and do the best you can, especially if it's even remotely good.

Zarithas
Jun 18, 2008

looks decent other than some delay/lack of smoothness between the character animation and the projectile

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
That looked pretty good, i really liked the animation on the slide move.

Orv
May 4, 2011
If they can make all the abilities that neat, and have physical character interaction be meaningful, which seems to be the holy grail of RvR games systems for some reason, it might end up pretty neat. There's so much to navigate between some cool VFX and a good game though. It says volumes that I expect Mark fuckin' Jacobs to make a better RvR game at this point than these guys.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Confessor is Azula 2.0 slide action

it owns.

Zarithas
Jun 18, 2008

Orv posted:

If they can make all the abilities that neat, and have physical character interaction be meaningful, which seems to be the holy grail of RvR games systems for some reason, it might end up pretty neat. There's so much to navigate between some cool VFX and a good game though. It says volumes that I expect Mark fuckin' Jacobs to make a better RvR game at this point than these guys.

Way too early to make assumptions like that. These guys have made plenty of MMOs anymore, they probably know how to make a decent looking engine, models, and animations. I'm sure the game will look pretty good when it comes out. Making a game actually good is far more difficult.

I think it has a fighting chance, if only becase I enjoyed Shadowbane so much, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I personally play the beta.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
when does this become a game?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Gerbil_Pen posted:

:shrug:

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Let me elaborate:

Do we know when some sort of alpha phase is planned?

On a separate note -- now that Eonwe is in charge of Star Citizen we may see him around here less than usual.

e: spelling

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Gerbil_Pen posted:

Let me elaborate:

Do we know when some sort of alpha phase is planned?

On a separate note -- now that Eonwe is in charge of Star Citizen we may see him around here less than usual.

e: spelling

All we know is there's a combat test coming in the next few months if everything goes well. It's going to be a rough multiplayer combat sort of thing in a greyboxed castle environment. The available classes will be Knight, Confessor, and Centaur Legionnaire. It's mostly to test the really basic login/server stuff as well as the combat mechanics and abilities.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
CF forums updated their CoC

annnnnd

its still totalitarian.

Shitpost maybe once in a blue moon.

Drakkus
May 14, 2002

yum~
So ACE started selling a 'limited edition!' t-shirt with a run of 1000 through shopify.

Unfortunately, they did not appear to ask for anyone's Crowfall accountname as part of the ordering process. The solution? Sending an email to the 60 or so people who had ordered them so far, thereby sharing the email addresses and names of everyone had ordered the shirt to eachother.

Good job, ACE.

(As a bonus, someone actually replied all with their accountname)

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Drakkus posted:

So ACE started selling a 'limited edition!' t-shirt with a run of 1000 through shopify.

Unfortunately, they did not appear to ask for anyone's Crowfall accountname as part of the ordering process. The solution? Sending an email to the 60 or so people who had ordered them so far, thereby sharing the email addresses and names of everyone had ordered the shirt to eachother.

Good job, ACE.

(As a bonus, someone actually replied all with their accountname)

lol

Did you buy one?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Drakkus posted:

Good job, ACE.

(As a bonus, someone actually replied all with their accountname

:captainpop:

This is fantastic.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Zarithas posted:

Way too early to make assumptions like that. These guys have made plenty of MMOs anymore, they probably know how to make a decent looking engine, models, and animations. I'm sure the game will look pretty good when it comes out. Making a game actually good is far more difficult.

I think it has a fighting chance, if only becase I enjoyed Shadowbane so much, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I personally play the beta.

It's like you fuckers have selective literacy the moment you want to be clever. I said in that very post that the gap between Looks Good and Is Good is huge, you don't need to remind me of it.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Apparently you can "consume" your pledge package to open it up and then you can trade stuff (or maybe trading isn't in yet)??

Can I sell stuff like Star Citizen yet is what I wanna know

Orv
May 4, 2011
I will pay upwards of :10bux: for your $200 pledge.

Drakkus
May 14, 2002

yum~

Gerbil_Pen posted:

lol

Did you buy one?

Yes

If the game ends up horrible I'll frame it and put it on my wall as a monument to misguided hope

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I wonder if I can actually make a profit off my $30 package.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Anoia posted:

I wonder if I can actually make a profit off my $30 package.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Capntastic posted:

Apparently you can "consume" your pledge package to open it up and then you can trade stuff (or maybe trading isn't in yet)??
Can you consume pledges with a chargeback

Zarithas
Jun 18, 2008

Orv posted:

It's like you fuckers have selective literacy the moment you want to be clever. I said in that very post that the gap between Looks Good and Is Good is huge, you don't need to remind me of it.

Yeah I think I just read the first sentence and then started writing. My bad. I mostly agree with you.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Zarithas posted:

Yeah I think I just read the first sentence and then started writing. My bad. I mostly agree with you.

S'arigh. I'd love for one of these mass PvP games to work out, GW2 has been filling that need well enough the last three years, but it's a pale shadow and I don't really trust either team to be of sufficient competence.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

To their credit, we at least have some games coming that are actually focusing solely on PvP and not trying to shoehorn it in amongst a bunch of PvE stuff. I think the chances are slightly higher that we'll get something workable at some point.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

Anoia posted:

The curl. I can't stop giggling at the curl.

Yeah....crowfall as fun as i hope it will be....I now wont be able to play it without thinking "the curl"

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Ffycchi posted:

Yeah....crowfall as fun as i hope it will be....I now wont be able to play it without thinking "the curl"

Hello and welcome to the thread, friend. You picked a weird old post to quote.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
some vids with centaur

but what got me :eyepop: was barrels

so we're starting a barrelpost. I think we can get away with it because it's technically on topic so if you want to go more in depth about barrel mechanics instead of the centaur, please do so

I strongly encourage this if you're bored enough to shitpost on the forums but get away with it :3:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/8354-legionnaire-powers-and-animation-official-discussion-thread/page-4#entry216507

thanks in advance

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
It is hard for me to work up the effort to make fun of this game anymore. I think I'll try back when they have the first real gameplay tests.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Weren't the tests supposed to be happening by now?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
eh i threw some words down, why not. too bad the people there smothered the community in its infancy

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

eh i threw some words down, why not. too bad the people there smothered the community in its infancy

snuffed out.

ill barrelpost this friday. starting school and all :sun:

we need more attention to barrels imo, they are under appreciated.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Unguided posted:

Weren't the tests supposed to be happening by now?

I remember hearing optimistic talk that the high tier backers were going to be playing a nearly feature complete build by December.

Lol.

TearJerk
Jun 25, 2015

Gerbil_Pen posted:

Too early to say i assume

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy
Barrelposted. Also got a refund no longer Sapphirian. Nothing now. :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Honestly if this is darkfall UW the second and it's got a somewhat competitive launch I'll probably feel I got my 30$ worth. I enjoyed both darkfalls and those were developmental trainwrecks.

• Locked thread