Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

xzzy posted:

I'm sure they'll show up at garage sales in giant buckets in a few years.

I mean yeah a lot of the stock will be gobbled up by collectors but it is in fact a kid's toy, so many will be sold to them too.

At first I think it will be the reverse, with AFOLs buying the sets just for the lego bits, and selling the bases for cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Gann Jerrod posted:

At first I think it will be the reverse, with AFOLs buying the sets just for the lego bits, and selling the bases for cheap.

Yup

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Suffered through root canal this morning so I took the day off work. Gives me time to put together the AT-AT I just bought. Besides this little guy has been looking for his daddy.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

MichaelFlatley posted:

Loving the retro feel of the Dimensions arcade!

There should be a Kung Fury version of this.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Going to check out the Lego Store in Munich Pasing tomorrow. Haven't been there and just saw I unexpecteldy have got 600€ more than I thought in my pocket money account... I will need a lot of impulse control tomorrow

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
I'm trying to convince myself that I'm saving money by only buying the game-important Dimensions sets and not bothering with most of the single packs and the game proper until it's well on sale but drat you Lego you're making my income more disposable that my hopes and dreams :negative:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I am actually going by what I like, I'll get Dr. Who, Stay Pufft, and Marty for starters
Simply because I am huge Dr. Who fan, Puft and slimer will be a nice addition to ecto and the GF likes BttF. And that will cost 80 € or more without any game to play.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Hopper posted:

I am actually going by what I like, I'll get Dr. Who, Stay Pufft, and Marty for starters
Simply because I am huge Dr. Who fan, Puft and slimer will be a nice addition to ecto and the GF likes BttF. And that will cost 80 € or more without any game to play.

Don't forgot the Doc Brown with a better hair mold, either.

I'm trying to decide whether to grab the Parisian Restaurant or Temple of Airjitzu right now. I've got points to burn and I really want the Temple, but I'm not sure -- does anyone have an estimate for when the Restaurant will start phasing out?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I found an old Daily Mail article yesterday that talked about a whole line of Lego Dr. Who stuff coming in time for Christmas, wonder when we'll start seeing more of those sets.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Weird discovery. I picked up the German July-December catalogue at the lego store and it lists Santa's Toy factory as Christmas model not the toy shop. I am new to Christmas Lego but I thought those were the same everywhere?

I also wanted to grab the series 14 gargoyles for the GF.
Ended up teaching the new staff what to look for when feeling the figs, even though I never did it before on this series. It's not that hard, why do so many people have problems? It took me 15-20 minutes to feel a complete set.....

Which I subsequently bought of course because impulse control is harder than feeling for minigifs.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

What's more likely to disappear off shelves first, the UCS TIE Fighter or the Slave I?

I'd love to own both but the budget won't really allow for spending £340 in one go on toys.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Have you seen them up close?
I saw them both today and well, the Tie is really clunky up close. The canopy(?) Doesn't seem round because of the many edges and it doesn't have much detail (given the wings being flat shapes). Slave 1 looks much better.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Definitely the Slave 1. The Tie just came out. It's also much cooler than the Tie.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I will stand up for the TIE and say that it is a great display model that looks amazing from a medium distance but Slave I comes with the best Boba Fett minifig ever, Han Solo in carbonite, and a bunch of little play features. Also unless the TIE is an abject flop the Slave I will go out of print first.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Ended up finding the monster figs at Walgreen's. Got an extra cat lady if anybody wants to trade something for her.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

The Rage posted:

I found an old Daily Mail article yesterday that talked about a whole line of Lego Dr. Who stuff coming in time for Christmas, wonder when we'll start seeing more of those sets.

I saw that article, about the negotiations Lego did with the BBC. I sure hope it's for more than one set (the Ideas one). I'd like a decent UCS-style Dalek, and TARDIS.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Since CO lost the Who licence for construction bricks sets, I'd like to imagine that Lego have some serious plans. They're confident enough that (a) they're putting it in Dimensions, and (b) making a big deal out of it. Look at the show they put on for SDCC just to announce Doctor Who.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

MichaelFlatley posted:

I think I have to get this just for the Spy Hunter car. AFAIK, it's the only physical toy/model/whatever made for the Spy Hunter series.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

They're gonna make me buy dimensions aren't they :(

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

MichaelFlatley posted:

I know it's the Spy Hunter car, but it could also be a microscale Pontiac Fiero. :allears:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

As soon as it's available, I'm going to Rush out to buy that pack.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Doctor Who anouncement tomorrow.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

What time will Wall-e go on sale tonight? 12 PST? 9 PST? 3AM PST (Midnight in Hawaii?)?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SaNChEzZ posted:

What time will Wall-e go on sale tonight? 12 PST? 9 PST? 3AM PST (Midnight in Hawaii?)?

Launch was pushed to the 21st, it had a recall to fix a wobbly neck.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

xzzy posted:

Wonder if that TRU that told me Sept 1st will sell them to me, they had them.. just wouldn't give em up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PriorMarcus posted:

Doctor Who anouncement tomorrow.

<flaps hands excitedly>

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

SaNChEzZ posted:

I was in the LEGO store yesterday and they were like, we dunno when it's coming out.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

xzzy posted:

UK store still says 1st.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

<flaps hands excitedly>

I can't wait, however, tomorrow I'd just expect an announcement/unveiling of the final Ideas set, not the continuing license and several sets they are rumoured to have planned.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
It seems the pricing for the Dimension sets also suffers from license fees. There are fun sets such as Dalek + Cyberman for 14,99 € listed on Amazon.de and the fun set with Slimer and the one with Stay Puft are 24,99 €.
I thought these were alle one price depending on team pack, fun pack or level pack. Seems That isn't the case. Mind you, these are preorder prices but it seems weird still.

No matter what, they are way too expensive...

Halloween set is out in Germany: http://shop.lego.com/de-DE/Su%C3%9Fes-oder-Saures-40122?fromListing=listing
Bit of a let down. The leaked Thanksgiving set looks much nicer. I hope that comes to Germany.

Also the City and Friends advent calendars, not the Star Wars one though...

Hopper fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 1, 2015

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

They have that Halloween set in the U.S. stores too.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

SaNChEzZ posted:

Wait, what? I bought WALL-E over the weekend. He's half built already.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Chairchucker posted:

Wait, what? I bought WALL-E over the weekend. He's half built already.

It had a street sell date for Sep 1st. We had this conversation already.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So I've got a bunch of sealed copies of Lego Magazine, 7 copies of the July-August 2004 issues with a Bionicle comic in it, and 22 copies of the May 2004 issue with another Bionicle comic in it. I have no idea where they came from, I believe they were in the bottom of a box of Legos I bought at a yard sale. Are these things worth anything? Probably not, but it never hurts to ask.

These two:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Sep 1, 2015

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

I can't wait, however, tomorrow I'd just expect an announcement/unveiling of the final Ideas set, not the continuing license and several sets they are rumoured to have planned.

Any specific time? My hands are flapping more slowly as the day draws on.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Captain Invictus posted:

So I've got a bunch of sealed copies of Lego Magazine,

I'd take a copy of each for shipping+a dollar.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

There is a pic on this page... looks like it's from the IDEAS submission. Is there a bigger announcement?

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105473&st=550

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Just picked up Wall-e at my local TRU. They had three for sale, they were not on the floor, and they said they had two on hold. Which I had a nice word with the manager about, as they wouldn't let me reserve one when I was there on Thursday. :argh:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

I'm starting to worry it's not today, all the insider gossip said it was but I guess maybe the Wall-E delay has pushed their schedule off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I just finished building one of the two Wall-Es I bought yesterday, and they weren't kidding. Even though it's a friction pin on the neck, it has no resistance whatsoever. Putting a lightsaber blade into the pin and cutting it off might introduce some more friction, but I doubt it would be enough.
I'm not even sure what else you could do with such a small connection area to make a more stable neck joint. I can't think of any other swivel joint that's sturdy enough apart from the large click turntables. The only alternatives I can think of involve gears with catches.
I'm not terribly happy with using click joints in the rest of the neck joints, either--they're too loose to adequately support that heavy head, and there's a half-centimeter of play at the top of the folded neck no matter what thanks to the click detents.

TRU also had S14 in, so I put on my jorts and felt out two sets, minus one catgirl. A father and son came up when I was halfway through the box and after chatting a bit, they took a few I hadn't gotten to yet, so I think they grabbed the other two catgirls.

Expensive trip.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 3, 2015