Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

People can complain when the chapter comes out.

Until then you're accomplishing about as much as a bunch of chickens running around with their heads cut off.
And? Is there anything wrong with that? :colbert:

DoubleDonut posted:

"This looks different from the artist's usual style" might be the weakest complaint I've ever heard about a manga
I forget what series I caught, but it was some artsy super serious thing about what it means to be human if you're a clone or some poo poo...and then some super short moe style character shows up and starts screeching and flipping her skirt up. Seeing stuff that tone deaf to the mood of the series is pretty jarring.

MonsieurChoc posted:

What if you have the power to control headless chickens as your Quirk?
Would that mean you could summon headless chickens or would have to continuously behead chickens to use your quirk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

MonsieurChoc posted:

What if you have the power to control headless chickens as your Quirk?
I wouldn't bother.

You'd just cock everything up.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Bad Seafood posted:

I wouldn't bother.

You'd just cock everything up.

:golfclap:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

It's one thing once there's confirmed bad writing on the table to address, critique, and possibly workshop, but going on and on about some perceived, hypothetical slight that hasn't even happened yet is kinda dumb in my opinion.

If this new character sucks, we'll know soon enough. The time to panic and jump ship will be then.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

I forget what series I caught, but it was some artsy super serious thing about what it means to be human if you're a clone or some poo poo...and then some super short moe style character shows up and starts screeching and flipping her skirt up. Seeing stuff that tone deaf to the mood of the series is pretty jarring.

He's only done 3 series. None of them match your description.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

It's annoying and not productive to anyone else reading the drat thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

It's one thing once there's confirmed bad writing on the table to address, critique, and possibly workshop, but going on and on about some perceived, hypothetical slight that hasn't even happened yet is kinda dumb in my opinion.

If this new character sucks, we'll know soon enough. The time to panic and jump ship will be then.
but yandere manic pixie dream girl! i read the words manic pixie dream girl once, that makes me smart!

MANIC PIXIE DREAM GIRL!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I'm not even seeing the issue, it's a single image with a character's face and some blood on the wall. You're assuming an awful lot on awfully little. What exactly is wrong with the design? All you can see is her hair and the dark circles under her eyes. And part of her sweater I guess.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Endorph posted:

but yandere manic pixie dream girl! i read the words manic pixie dream girl once, that makes me smart!

MANIC PIXIE DREAM GIRL!
Furthermore, this troper...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TriffTshngo posted:

I'm not even seeing the issue, it's a single image with a character's face and some blood on the wall. You're assuming an awful lot on awfully little. What exactly is wrong with the design? All you can see is her hair and the dark circles under her eyes. And part of her sweater I guess.
she's making a kind of manic expression, which as we all know is sexist because

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

calling her a manic pixie dream girl doesn't even make sense, that trope is when a female character just exists to be interestingly weird enough to improve the male lead's life and pull him out of his shell. which i really, really doubt will be this character's role, considering the massive bloodstain.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

She's gonna give Shigaraki a hand in becoming more sociable.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

She's gonna give Shigaraki a hand
i think he has plenty of those already

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Thank you anime superstar Endorph for explaining the joke.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

manic pixie hand girl

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Allarion posted:

He's only done 3 series. None of them match your description.
Oh, whoops, I should have clarified better. I meant in a comic/cartoon done by a different artist had that happen. I was using it as an example for what I hope doesn't happen in this series since it's offputting and weird.

TriffTshngo posted:

It's a japanese schoolgirl outfit. You can tell she's wearing a sweater over it with the lapels from the sailor uniform top sticking out. I'm mostly just disappointed with the design because she appears to be the only female villain in the line up right now, and she's just the stereotypical pretty psychotic/yandere schoolgirl. It sticks out badly against the other villains we know of right now who are basically monsters, disfigured, etc. I know the artist/author is pretty good at subverting stereotypes and I love a lot of his designs but I've been disappointed with how the female characters are being developed outside of Uraraka and Momo so far. That's where my worry (and ughhhs) are coming from. Even in the pros the only female heroes that have been shown off at any length is the size changing chick, the rated 18+ hero, the snake girl from the zoo comic who does advertising and the single sidekick in spandex in Endeavor's group. For a world where everyone has quirks there are a surprisingly few amount of women heroes/villains who aren't just pretty women in spandex.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's a japanese schoolgirl outfit. You can tell she's wearing a sweater over it with the lapels from the sailor uniform top sticking out. I'm mostly just disappointed with the design because she appears to be the only female villain in the line up right now, and she's just the stereotypical pretty psychotic/yandere schoolgirl. It sticks out badly against the other villains we know of right now who are basically monsters, disfigured, etc. I know the artist/author is pretty good at subverting stereotypes and I love a lot of his designs but I've been disappointed with how the female characters are being developed outside of Uraraka and Momo so far. That's where my worry (and ughhhs) are coming from. Even in the pros the only female heroes that have been shown off at any length is the size changing chick, the rated 18+ hero, the snake girl from the zoo comic who does advertising and the single sidekick in spandex in Endeavor's group. For a world where everyone has quirks there are a surprisingly few amount of women heroes/villains who aren't just pretty women in spandex.

Lol calm down dude

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
stop being a sperg in a thread of spergs

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

TriffTshngo posted:

You're assuming an awful lot on awfully little.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is this the My Hero Academia thread or the My Hero Academic Unproved Bullshit thread????

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

You see, because the Japanese are completely oblivious to cliches and themes, I can accurately predict the beginning, middle, and end of this manga. As such, I

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Also, while I would definitely agree only a few of the girls have received much development so far, all of them are pretty cool characters.

Assuming Kohei keeps his word, I'd like to think they'll all get a chance to shine.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Invisigirl is never gonna be seen in her time to shine.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Invisigirl is never gonna be seen in her time to shine.

The most important people in any enterprise are rarely seen.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Namtab posted:

Lol calm down dude
I was just explaining myself? I'm not raging out at my keyboard, it's just "oh, I should clarify" on my work break.

Fabricated posted:

stop being a sperg in a thread of spergs
No serious discussions of anything ever, just like we'll never learn the results of the favourite characters poll. We need to get back to productive discussions, like those comics where everyone is super gay for Midoriya who is doe eyed or in a dress.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Horrible Smutbeast I don't come down on people for being weird but I'm gonna put the boots to you if you insist on being disingenuous.

This thread has seen all sorts of discussion, both serious and silly. Your overreaction and over-analysis of a single panel, provided without context, falls closer to the latter category than the former; and that's being generous, considering it a discussion at all since it's mostly just been you going on and on about it while everyone else thinks we should wait for more information.

I appreciate you have some misgivings. Hold on to them, why don't you, until they've proven to be more than shadows at your windowsill.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Your wild accusations of sexism against the author tell more about you and your feelings regarding women than the innocent mangaka.

I Love Annie May fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Sep 4, 2015

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Horrible Smutbeast I don't come down on people for being weird but I'm gonna put the boots to you if you insist on being disingenuous.

This thread has seen all sorts of discussion, both serious and silly. Your overreaction and over-analysis of a single panel, provided without context, falls closer to the latter category than the former; and that's being generous, considering it a discussion at all since it's mostly just been you going on and on about it while everyone else thinks we should wait for more information.

I appreciate you have some misgivings. Hold on to them, why don't you, until they've proven to be more than shadows at your windowsill.

I would PM you if I had platinum but I don't, so I'll try to keep this short to stop filling up this thread so much.

I'm being quite sincere, and I'm haven't been angry or actively trying to troll this entire time. I did over analyse a single panel because I wanted it to be a starting point for discussing some other stuff cropping up in the comic with the female characters and it came across poorly. If this thread isn't the place for that (or I come off as dumb motherfucker sperg because of my writing) I'll refrain from posting about that stuff in here and find somewhere else.

Anyway, here's the Chinese Raws for 57, you might have to copy paste the link since the new Ishuhui site is a bit borked - http://ishuhui.net/ReadComicBooks/2360

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Haha that single panel is her only appearance in that chapter

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I would PM you if I had platinum but I don't, so I'll try to keep this short to stop filling up this thread so much.

I'm being quite sincere, and I'm haven't been angry or actively trying to troll this entire time. I did over analyse a single panel because I wanted it to be a starting point for discussing some other stuff cropping up in the comic with the female characters and it came across poorly. If this thread isn't the place for that (or I come off as dumb motherfucker sperg because of my writing) I'll refrain from posting about that stuff in here and find somewhere else.

Anyway, here's the Chinese Raws for 57, you might have to copy paste the link since the new Ishuhui site is a bit borked - http://ishuhui.net/ReadComicBooks/2360

It's not wrong to want to have a discussion 're: sexism. But you can use established characters/themes to do that rather than your post which comes across as an insane reaction where you take a single panel and.say "SHES IN A SCHOOLGIRL OUTFIT PROBABLY THEREFORE SHE IS THE INSANE YANDERE gently caress THIS IS THE DEATH OF FEMINISM"

That may not be what you intended with that post, but it's how it reads.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
if theres one thing we should have learned from this manga is that it goes above and beyond any expectation or guesses we have/had and im sure it'll be the same again with this too

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Namtab posted:

Haha that single panel is her only appearance in that chapter

Yeah, but don't you know that single panel brought women rights back to the 50s? Check and mate Gamergaters :smug:

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
She has two panels. The real question is which of the boys she will fall in love with: Deku, Bakugou, Iida or Todoroki? I'm going to place my bets on Deku.

Anyway, looks like one of the villains will be The Beast, only reptilian and evil.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Namtab posted:

It's not wrong to want to have a discussion 're: sexism. But you can use established characters/themes to do that rather than your post which comes across as an insane reaction where you take a single panel and.say "SHES IN A SCHOOLGIRL OUTFIT PROBABLY THEREFORE SHE IS THE INSANE YANDERE gently caress THIS IS THE DEATH OF FEMINISM"

That may not be what you intended with that post, but it's how it reads.

Yeah, I can totally see how my writing comes across as pretty confusing or reactionary and I really don't blame people for reacting the way they do at this point. It's not really fair to poo poo up the thread with trying to clarify an unclear discussion prompt after the fact with even more poorly written text walls either.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

No serious discussions of anything ever, just like we'll never learn the results of the favourite characters poll. We need to get back to productive discussions, like those comics where everyone is super gay for Midoriya who is doe eyed or in a dress.
The fujos have indeed latched onto this series pretty hard.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chapter 57 Spoilers

Holy poo poo, the guy who killed All Might's predecessor and wounded All Might is called "All For One". He might be the Doctor or Professor backing Shiragaki. Holy loving poo poo.

Also Torodoki is a good comedian but his naming sense is really bad.

Also information on Stain's backstory is pretty interesting. He deliberately chose to drop out of a hero school out of disgust.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Sep 4, 2015

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Aahhaaha Gunhead is amazing, perfect mentor to Urakara

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
We now have confirmation that :iceburn: is Shigaraki's true nemesis.