Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Six more?!?

:stare::siren::stare::siren::stare::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
How would you even do that? We have the Ecto and we'd have the Firehouse. It'll be like PoTC, where you get the same three minifigs in every single set.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I'm just going to ignore all of this because if I start speculating I will imagine G2 sets which could include a Vigo figure and/or a plate/sticker of the Vigo painting done as a Lego figure and I will die when it doesn't happen.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
I'm not believing the part count until I see it.

Having a number of Ghostbusters sets in 2016 makes sense with the new movie coming out, but that also means I wouldn't expect them to have the classic team.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm so happy that the speed champions line is continuing. That audi r18 must be mine.

Also a new batmobile!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Hopper posted:

I am legit excited for the batman ones, finally chance at a good batman minifig under 10€.
The current penguin set only has this weird scuba suit Batman :-(

There's a Lego movie Batman in one of the cheaper sets, the one with the angry Unikitty.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is the Tumbler well worth $150? I'm not a huge Batman fan but I think it's cool looking and it looks like it might be a fun build?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

For the next couple weeks or so, Lego Store PAB walls include pieces from their rock crawler 4x4 thing. Uncommon PAB pieces include 4L black bars, 1x1 round tiles in metallic silver, 1x1 round tiles in transparent red, green headlight bricks, green 1x2/1x2 plate brackets, fancy 16-spoke wheels, minifig wrenches, 1x2 grooved bricks in dark grey, and dark gray 1x2 click hinge plates with a single vertical finger (they don't have the matching hinge piece, though).

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

NESguerilla posted:

Is the Tumbler well worth $150? I'm not a huge Batman fan but I think it's cool looking and it looks like it might be a fun build?

I enjoyed building it and it's a pretty neat display model. I actually just dusted mine off and played with it recently.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
So, is it true that a person can get cheap sets without the minifigs? I've looked around but I'm not sure I'm looking in the right places, I guess? I'd like things like Hogwarts or the Naboo starfighter because I just like those builds.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Yeah, you can just go to ebay and search 'hogwarts lego no minifig', which turns up a couple. I think it used to be a lot more common, but maybe people are changing their habits. Or the people who collect/resell minifigs already have go-to fig-less set buyers.
You can find them on Bricklink by looking at particular available sets that are Used and Incomplete, though it doesn't look like you can specifically search for incomplete sets.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pyroclastic posted:

For the next couple weeks or so, Lego Store PAB walls include pieces from their rock crawler 4x4 thing. Uncommon PAB pieces include 4L black bars, 1x1 round tiles in metallic silver, 1x1 round tiles in transparent red, green headlight bricks, green 1x2/1x2 plate brackets, fancy 16-spoke wheels, minifig wrenches, 1x2 grooved bricks in dark grey, and dark gray 1x2 click hinge plates with a single vertical finger (they don't have the matching hinge piece, though).

Ah, do you have pictures of these? Not sure if I know what you mean particularly.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Pyroclastic posted:

Yeah, you can just go to ebay and search 'hogwarts lego no minifig', which turns up a couple. I think it used to be a lot more common, but maybe people are changing their habits. Or the people who collect/resell minifigs already have go-to fig-less set buyers.
You can find them on Bricklink by looking at particular available sets that are Used and Incomplete, though it doesn't look like you can specifically search for incomplete sets.

You can only really do this for current sets, not retired ones.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Ah, do you have pictures of these? Not sure if I know what you mean particularly.

Of what? A particular piece or the car? I didn't get a good look at it in the store, but it's this: http://stores.lego.com/en-us/worldwide-news/pick-a-model

The Tukwila, WA store had the alligator last month, and the car right now.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

i81icu812 posted:

You can only really do this for current sets, not retired ones.

Also Hogwarts specifically might be tough to find, not only for the people that want to hang onto it, but because of the colored bricks which are kinda hard to find. That coppery green color is pretty rare if memory serves.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pyroclastic posted:

Of what? A particular piece or the car? I didn't get a good look at it in the store, but it's this: http://stores.lego.com/en-us/worldwide-news/pick-a-model

The Tukwila, WA store had the alligator last month, and the car right now.

Oh okay, that lets me figure out what you meant much easier. I actually think I showed up at the right time during a changeover or something a couple weeks ago because I got a big cup with a third full of googly eyes(never enough googly eyes), a third full of 1x4 rods, some trans-red round tiles, and some other stuff. Might need to go back for 1x1 silver round tiles though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How would you even do that? We have the Ecto and we'd have the Firehouse. It'll be like PoTC, where you get the same three minifigs in every single set.

Bring in characters / tech from the Video Game and Comic Book because those were both good and had cool poo poo.

Also they can always just do Real Ghostbusters variants. Between those three they could easily do a bike, helicopter, and boat.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's pretty obvious what they're going to do with the rest of the Ghostbusters sets.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Please let this be the new batmobile set.
From the lego twitter

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If that's legit going to be a set, I kinda hope they dedicate it to that awesome Maryland philanthropist who went around to sick hospitalized children dressed as batman, driving the original Batmobile, to cheer them up. He was killed last month on the highway when his Batmobile broke down and someone in a Camry sideswiped him while he was in the breakdown lane.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

PriorMarcus posted:

Apparently some of that piece count comes from a buildable, to-scale Stay Puft.
Wouldn't a to-scale Stay-Puft be pretty much the same size as the firehouse itself, if not taller?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Norns posted:

Please let this be the new batmobile set.
From the lego twitter

The fact that it has those stud launchers on the front leads me to believe that it's real.

In other news, I ordered the Helicarrier earlier this week. Really looking forward to building it next weekend.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I was going to go to my local Lego store next weekend to pick up the UCS X-Wing when I found out there's a bonus 50 VIP points this month for buying the Slave I that I was saving for Christmas.

Surely the X-Wing won't get discontinued before one of the best retail periods of the year?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
If that GBHQ thing is true, my loving God. I hope it is as super high in pieces because Star Wars and GB were my jams as a kid, so this and the Death Star will let me recreate ~my childhood~ in glory. Now just get on the classic Jurassic Park poo poo including mega visitors center, and I'll have the trifecta! :3:

Bye money.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
My local Walmart accidentally put out a case of Dimensions games, looks like it was two of Wii U, 360, and PS3. They didn't put out any of the mini-sets though.

Also, are we getting a Portal Set? I thought we were but can't find a pre-order thing in stores for it.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
I am very much interested if the creator "Explorer of the Seas" is a submarine, and there is yet another set to feed my craving for jets.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Anora posted:

Also, are we getting a Portal Set? I thought we were but can't find a pre-order thing in stores for it.

In addition to the Dimensions pack, you mean? This is the pack on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZGDSG0W

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Yes, that one, I just never check Amazon.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
$30? Jesus.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Yeah. As much as I want to get this, I know that if I start I'll want it all and they pretty much going all-in with the cash-grabbiness of this style of game.

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank
I'm hoping the game model bases get sold on eBay for a reasonable price, maybe a lot as people will covet the model or mini fig, then my kids can play at a reasonable price.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
If you're worried about how much all the Lego Dimensions stuff will cost, you could buy a Gamer's Club Unlocked membership from Best Buy. It costs $30, and gives you 20% off all new game purchases, including the Lego packs. If you are going to buy a bunch of the extras, it should pay for itself fairly quickly.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Fozzie Bear posted:

I'm hoping the game model bases get sold on eBay for a reasonable price, maybe a lot as people will covet the model or mini fig, then my kids can play at a reasonable price.

I think this will happen for at least the rarer stuff (Slimer, Portal stuff) but I'll be interested to see how viable it is for, say, the Scooby Doo or Lego Movie minifigs.

I'm waiting until we find out if the game is any good to begin with to decide how much I'm going to sink into this but who am I kidding it's goodbye to all my money.

I really wonder how much money they've sunk into this game because all of the licences and talent they have lined up behind this can't have been cheap.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

FadingChord posted:

I think this will happen for at least the rarer stuff (Slimer, Portal stuff) but I'll be interested to see how viable it is for, say, the Scooby Doo or Lego Movie minifigs.

I'm waiting until we find out if the game is any good to begin with to decide how much I'm going to sink into this but who am I kidding it's goodbye to all my money.

I really wonder how much money they've sunk into this game because all of the licences and talent they have lined up behind this can't have been cheap.

I know someone who used to work for Travellers Tales and his account of the meeting where they said they were making Dimensions is hilarious. They basically said "so you guys know Skylanders right? Yeah.... we should have done that first." So I think this is them going all in with everything and it will probably print money for a good year or two.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Has there been any update on when the Wall-E set is supposed to be released on the LEGO site? I thought the 21st was the expected delay date but we're past that so now I have no idea.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
If you search Nexo Knights on Google images you will see some sketches people have done of the new sets. One is a castle on treads.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006
I saw a picture someone posted of the smaller NEXO sets. What I saw was kinda lame - bright blue and orange robotic siege weapons for the good guys, transparent orange and black for the bad guys. One of the bad guys sets looked like a pod racer with chain chomps on it, and one of the good guys sets was a mech-horse. None of the big sets were on there though. On a better note - the cabin set has a rad looking moose with it, and the deli looks to be on the scale of the bike shop set, and looks pretty good.

EDIT: Here is an album someone screen capped.

http://imgur.com/a/wDALp

Dr. Light fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 22, 2015

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Dr. Light posted:

I saw a picture someone posted of the smaller NEXO sets. What I saw was kinda lame - bright blue and orange robotic siege weapons for the good guys, transparent orange and black for the bad guys. One of the bad guys sets looked like a pod racer with chain chomps on it, and one of the good guys sets was a mech-horse. None of the big sets were on there though. On a better note - the cabin set has a rad looking moose with it, and the deli looks to be on the scale of the bike shop set, and looks pretty good.

EDIT: Here is an album someone screen capped.

http://imgur.com/a/wDALp

Where's this moose then?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lmao are those really red-skinned savages with mohawks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Lizard Combatant posted:

Where's this moose then?

Unfortunately the original post was removed, so this is just the separated screenshot of the next sets. The Cabin looked great at around a $25-30 price point.