Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
I have this horrible feeling that the Reborns and Gaia Gundams will get picked and we'll see none of the ones that actually deserve it.

Reborns is cool and all but it's not high priority, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Says you!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Reds posted:

I have this horrible feeling that the Reborns and Gaia Gundams will get picked and we'll see none of the ones that actually deserve it.

Nightingale says all things are possible.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Even if none of those specific models come out, I'm just glad they didn't abandon RE1/100 like I was kinda afraid of. :v:

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nightingale says all things are possible.

True. That's a Char suit, though. The fact that most of the more attractive suits in the lineup are mooks means I have to remain cautious so that my heart isn't broken.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
"We couldn't make an MG Kshatriya without some metal in the frame." Turns out the secret was making it hollow! All of these things are good as hell.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lol

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

EthanSteele posted:

"We couldn't make an MG Kshatriya without some metal in the frame." Turns out the secret was making it hollow! All of these things are good as hell.

I think that, the Reborns and possibly Penelope are under consideration for RE 1/100 and not MGs because of mass and complexity. Making Reborns work with an inner frame could be a nightmare, but here you could replicate the cool automorph feature of the HG.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Every design they've put out so far for G-Tekketsu looks loving amazing, except for the stupid pointy-hatted lance-wielding second Gundam, though my favourite so far is probably the Man Rodi. I really hope the show is great. :ohdear:

Also, the MG V2 looks amazing, but the REVIVE Gouf's face looks bad with the snout that long. :(

e; the MG Graze looks way better than the HG, for some reason. Like, it seems a lot chunkier.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Sep 25, 2015

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So the Man Rodi is basically an RK-92 Savage with a rocket-propelled cleaver? Walrus liiike.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
I'm going to need them to go ahead and make that 1/100 space Bell Pepper for me.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Oh the gusion is ippei's design, no wonder it looks so cool.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Ka0 posted:

How come genesssssis models channel has comments turned off?

They came afoul of Gamergate?

boom boom boom posted:

RE/100 goodness

Of course they had to do this two weeks after my Shapeways order for the conversion kit went past the cancellation point. Anyone wanna buy my complete set of parts? They should be arriving today.

I'm probably going to slam down preorder dollars on about 1/3rd of the new REs. If it brings us closer to an RE/100 Qubeley Papillon, I'm all about it.

Super glad I didn't invest in the whosits custom 1/100 Kshatriya however long ago.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

he also did the lohdi which is the other tubby lookin turtle duder

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

:worship:

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
Here's to Leo, Jegan, GM Sniper II, or Barzam

I need my grunt love.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Oh the gusion is ippei's design, no wonder it looks so cool.

How do you find out specifics like this? I know Ippei Gyobu is involved with G-Tekketsu, but how do you know which individual designs were his?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

How do you find out specifics like this? I know Ippei Gyobu is involved with G-Tekketsu, but how do you know which individual designs were his?

he talks about them on his twitter

https://twitter.com/ippeigyoubu

he also did the gundam kimaris which is the one with the big poofy hat and the lance, i dont like gundams though either way so its not my deal

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

theyre also recognizably his style though, strong simple forms put together in odd ways to create a unique silhouette instead of edges and panels everywhere.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

he talks about them on his twitter

https://twitter.com/ippeigyoubu

he also did the gundam kimaris which is the one with the big poofy hat and the lance, i dont like gundams though either way so its not my deal

From the twitter I take it he worked on G-Reco's designs too? If so, that explains why the G-Tekketsu stuff is so good and is going to end up putting him up there with Izubuchi in my eyes. :swoon:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

From the twitter I take it he worked on G-Reco's designs too? If so, that explains why the G-Tekketsu stuff is so good and is going to end up putting him up there with Izubuchi in my eyes. :swoon:

Yah he did almost everything in G-Reco, the main exception being the main gundam, which was akira yasudas work actually I think? He's cool because he was a commercial artist who had never done a widescale mecha design project before and he knocked it out of the park.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Is it me, or does IBO already have better Gunpla support than G-Reco?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

BizarroAzrael posted:

Is it me, or does IBO already have better Gunpla support than G-Reco?

It's you.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
In HG, it's not even close. With the 1/100 inner frame totally-not-MG no grade line they're doing, I'd argue G-Tekketsu is getting more support. It might just be that they're front-loading and we'll get very little from the show once it's airing, though.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

It's very obvious that Bandai didn't have much faith in G-Reco, since they had to scramble to make kits after the show proved successful, so we missed half the good suits and the release schedule was hosed.

IBO is getting the big push so we have a load of models ready to go, and the whole internal frame thing as a central concept for the models. It's not an exaggeration to say that IBO is getting more support from Bandai prior to release than G-Reco did over its entire run. The G-Reco line is more of a victim of its 26 episode run, if it had the same number of suits but ran for 48-50 episodes we probably would have gotten many more kits released.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The dumbest thing is that G-Reco would have immensely benefited from another 10-13 episodes' worth of just fleshing the plot out a bit.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Tomino says he's putting together a fantasy mecha anime now, he will not stop working until he is dead.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Dunbine 2: Return to Byston Wells

My body is ready

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Pimpmust posted:

Dunbine 2: Return to Byston Wells

My body is ready

Can't be worse than Neo Byston Well or Rean.

It can't possibly top Garzey's Wing though.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Samba De Amigo posted:

Here's to Leo, Jegan, GM Sniper II, or Barzam

I need my grunt love.

If RE/100 becomes a dumping ground for 1/100 grunt and obscure mobile suit kits then I'll be very happy.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

closeted republican posted:

If RE/100 becomes a dumping ground for 1/100 grunt and obscure mobile suit kits then I'll be very happy.

All I want it for is to be the dumping ground for stuff that's just too drat gigantic to justify an MG release.

That said, even if they don't pick the Xi, I am happy with my mechanicore one, it's pretty close to the lineart all told. But I totally need a lineart-accurate Peneleope. Not that I dislike the MAS-14, but it just isn't the same without the gigantic leg arches and ability to shed the FF.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I seem to recall the excuse for not doing an MG Kshatriya being that they'd need metal armatures in order to support the binders. Assuming it ever comes out as a RE:1/100, is it because they figured out a way around that or because they're using the money saved on not having to do an internal skeleton to make suitably reinforced binder arms?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Since they don't have to do an internal skeleton, they can make the wing pod things hollow, and therefore way lighter. So there's no need for super strong arms to hold them up.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Yeah, it'll basically be a scaled up HGUC.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Reds posted:

I will fight you.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Barzam is high priority for me.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Hey, remember how we were saying that we all should buy more Gunpla from American stores to convince Bandai that there's demand for it in America so maybe they'll let us buy the P-Bandai stuff? Well, I know at least one frequent poster in this threads who's gonna find that a lot easier now
(bottom right)

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

My local Hobbytown has somehow been getting a lot of P-Bandai stuff lately.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

Hey, remember how we were saying that we all should buy more Gunpla from American stores to convince Bandai that there's demand for it in America so maybe they'll let us buy the P-Bandai stuff? Well, I know at least one frequent poster in this threads who's gonna find that a lot easier now
(bottom right)

as always, the sengoku astray remains eternal for barnes and noble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Monaghan posted:

as always, the sengoku astray terrible posing remains eternal for barnes and noble.