Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marblize
Sep 6, 2015

ruddiger posted:

Ms. 45 is loving amazing and possibly Ferrera's masterpiece. The bluray is beautiful and the soundtrack is so good I own it on vinyl. Definitely hunt it down if you haven't seen it and go in cold. It'll blow you away.

Also, that movie needs to end with a trailer for Rocky Five... THOUSAND.

ha, I've just read an in depth gender analysis of it so it's a bit late for going in cold but will probably check it out on Amazon prime thiweekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

morestuff posted:

I'd actually never noticed this touch on the It Follows poster because of the text overlay. They may have added it themselves.

It was most likely in the original; unfortunately you can see in that one (as well as a lot of them) where the content awareness removal tool was used a bunch.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I don't like how they look without the text

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
The words are uhhh a part of the picture

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Yeah, but since a bunch of them are dark around the borders they make really nice not-so-distracting phone wallpapers imo.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Guys. Nobody is saying these versions are better than the posters with the text. Clearly they were composed with the text in mind. These are just curiosities, wholly separate pieces of art that nobody's saying are superior over the originals, but give a little bit more of a clear look at an approximation of the key art used. Let's not get too far down the "that wouldn't work as a theatrical poster so therefore it's garbage!" hole that fan posters tend to elicit.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

Guys. Nobody is saying these versions are better than the posters with the text. Clearly they were composed with the text in mind. These are just curiosities, wholly separate pieces of art that nobody's saying are superior over the originals, but give a little bit more of a clear look at an approximation of the key art used. Let's not get too far down the "that wouldn't work as a theatrical poster so therefore it's garbage!" hole that fan posters tend to elicit.

Ya I'm just saying I don't really like how they look without the text. As a separate piece of art, I'm not a fan!!

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

The Alien one looks really stupid.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
I love all the James Bond posters, but am getting a kick at the weird (but striking) scale and perspective on A View To A Kill.

--

By the pricking of my thumbs! It appears that there is going to be a new adaption of the Scottish Play.
Starring Fassbender as the eponymous Thane of Glamis, David Thewlis as King Duncan, and Marion Cotillard as Lady Macbeth.
Ah! :gonk: Hot potato, orchestra stalls, Puck will make amends!

Bloody revisionist witches going off script! It's "that shalt be king hereafter!" Honestly, these that should be women, but their beards forbid me to interpret so! :rolleyes:

And some from the Polanski version:

And the Orson Wells adaptation:

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 26, 2015

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I just a adaption of the Gargoyles episdoes with Macbeth where it reveals he lived into the 20th century after making a pact with a gargoyle.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
That poster truly has it all.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Ugh, every time I read about The Scottisloving Macbeth, I just want to go to the nearest theater, walk around backstage and yell MACBETH MACBETH MACBETH.

As an actual part-time theater tech, I have yet to do this when the people in charge of my paycheck are around, just in case. :v:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Allen Wren posted:

Ugh, every time I read about The Scottisloving Macbeth, I just want to go to the nearest theater, walk around backstage and yell MACBETH MACBETH MACBETH.

As an actual part-time theater tech, I have yet to do this when the people in charge of my paycheck are around, just in case. :v:

Start whistling back stage, too.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I looked this up, because it piqued my interest. This is actually a sequel to an Ozploitation movie called Summer City, which starred a pre-Mad Max Mel Gibson.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Glamorama26 posted:

That poster truly has it all.

It looks like it's advertising three different movies.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hello here's a poster i like for a movie i like:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

oddium posted:

I like how it has Guy Who Isn't in the Second Movie on it. Otherwise though, yeah, good poster. Hellboy rules.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

GonSmithe posted:

I like how it has Guy Who Isn't in the Second Movie on it. Otherwise though, yeah, good poster. Hellboy rules.

What you mean his dad? :downsrim:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Dr. Hurt posted:

What you mean his dad? :downsrim:

Gotta make room for exiting new characters like Family Guy Ghost and Emo Legolas.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Johann Krauss is from the comics.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

oddium posted:

That's a cool poster and it's the better Hellboy movie. :hfive:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Hellboy has the black mark of not licencing the Bad Seeds original and went with some wimpy cover of Red Right Hand. Poor form imo

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Lizard Combatant posted:

Hellboy has the black mark of not licencing the Bad Seeds original and went with some wimpy cover of Red Right Hand. Poor form imo

To be fair, the original had been on like at least two or three other soundtracks at that point, it'd probably be played out for certain values of the term.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Yeah but it's Hellboy, it's going to own the song more than Scream. You'd think they'd spring for Nick Cave, I'll bet it was a budget issue over anything else. Someone being a cheap rear end in a top hat

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

To hear Del Toro tell it the production of Hellboy was nothing but compromises, fighting tooth and nail for basic poo poo like keeping him red and Ron Perlman. I want to believe that's why half of the plot (everything to do with Hellboy's secrecy and the poo poo with bland mchandler) was so retrograde even for 2004 while everything else is so on - point. I imagine cheaping out on Red Right Hand was small potatoes.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I can believe that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's been forever since I've seen Hellboy (I dug it, for the record), what song are you talking about?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Skwirl posted:

It's been forever since I've seen Hellboy (I dug it, for the record), what song are you talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaMPuXA5K4Q

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ahh, I have poor reading comprehension and thought some band called Red Right Hand was covering an unnamed Nick Cave song.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Del Toro's commentaries on studio fuckery in Hellboy (they wanted to turn into Shazam starring the Rock) and of course Blade 2 makes me really want him to do one of those Kevin Smith things where he just slams everyone for 2 hours straight on stage. Plus I could listen to his voice all day.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

But does he have an excuse for the 'Australians' in Pacific Rim.

Or the plot. And characters. And dialogue.

Robots and monsters were pretty sweet, I'll admit.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MikeJF posted:

But does he have an excuse for the 'Australians' in Pacific Rim.

Or the plot. And characters. And dialogue.

Robots and monsters were pretty sweet, I'll admit.

And the boring rear end design of the Shatterdome.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'd wager all of that exists because it's a love letter to Japanese movies that are exactly the same way.

Foreigners are caricatures, Mechagodzilla was built in a grey box with catwalks everywhere, the British scientist has never spoken to a human being before, a magical Japanese girl with a tragic backstory who is perfect for the mission, random martial arts scene, the hubris of man, and then Ron Perlman because it's still a Del Toro movie.

I'm not seeing anything to complain about.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shazam with The Rock will be better than any Hellboy movie could hope for.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"A live-action cartoon is only good when select parts are cartoonish."

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Aphrodite posted:

Shazam with The Rock will be better than any Hellboy movie could hope for.

This was 2003 Scorpion King The Rock and also 2003 Van Helsing Universal Studios. That poo poo would have sucked forever and, frankly, would have been a terrible Hellboy movie where a plucky kid turns into The Rock but he's got horns and it would only be in two scenes to keep the Rock's screen time down.

This was the Hellboy movie the studio asked for.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Del Toro's commentaries on studio fuckery in Hellboy (they wanted to turn into Shazam starring the Rock) and of course Blade 2 makes me really want him to do one of those Kevin Smith things where he just slams everyone for 2 hours straight on stage. Plus I could listen to his voice all day.

I wouldn't mind hearing him slam Konami for ruining the perfect Silent Hill game he, Kojima, and Ito were doing.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Do not go into a Pacific Rim derail in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Isn't The Rock going to be Black Adam or am I crossing wires again?