Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008
I'm not sure how long we can dedicate full titles to pig loving, but I'm sure there will always be space for (DCFADG).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
UKMT October 2015 - A threat to National Security, a Threat to the Economy, and a Threat to Your Family

Or whatevs the actual quote is

UKMT Oct 2015: A Threat to National Security, the Economy and Your Family just about fits the character limit

communism bitch fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 30, 2015

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Oberleutnant posted:

UKMT October 2015 - A threat to National Security, a Threat to the Economy, and a Threat to Your Family

Or whatevs the actual quote is

I like this one. Red October is good but I'm pretty sure we had something similar last year.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

UKMT: The Hope for Red Oinktober

A slight change.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Good tuning

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 30, 2015

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
TBH I don't see what's so funny about it. It's seems like a ridiculous accusation, nobody have provided a shred of evidence for it and the book writer and her backer are rather dubious, but there's a bunch of people on the Internet erupting in orgiastic glee about it and there's a bunch of articles in lots of major news websites. It's just making a lot of people looks like prats IMO, especially if they were going on about the evils of the media in regards to Jeremy Corbyn just a little while ago.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mukip posted:

TBH I don't see what's so funny about it.

hmmmm

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Mukip posted:

It's just making a lot of people looks like prats IMO
yeah piers gav members

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Mukip posted:

TBH I don't see what's so funny about it. It's seems like a ridiculous accusation, nobody have provided a shred of evidence for it and the book writer and her backer are rather dubious, but there's a bunch of people on the Internet erupting in orgiastic glee about it and there's a bunch of articles in lots of major news websites.

Probably because it is, in fact, rather funny.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Mukip posted:

TBH I don't see what's so funny about it.

David Cameron hosed a Dead Pig <-- it's this bit, hope that helps

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If GBS has taught us anything, it's that parroting the same joke over and over until it's run into the bedrock of the planet is actually good and funny

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Mukip posted:

TBH I don't see what's so funny about it. It's seems like a ridiculous accusation, nobody have provided a shred of evidence for it and the book writer and her backer are rather dubious, but there's a bunch of people on the Internet erupting in orgiastic glee about it and there's a bunch of articles in lots of major news websites. It's just making a lot of people looks like prats IMO, especially if they were going on about the evils of the media in regards to Jeremy Corbyn just a little while ago.

The media are Not going on about it- imagine if Ed Miliband had faced the same accusation, regardless of how true it is.
The Endless re-prints of sandwich-face (take 30 frames a sec of Anyone eating and you'll be able to make them look like poo poo) for example.

It's also because it's entirely believable that David Camerion Did gently caress a dead pigs head, as we know he Did burn a £50 note in front of a homeless person and the other poo poo they got up to.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Changing topic slightly, but I can't get into MGSV at all. I find the gameplay slightly frustrating. :(

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

If you couldn't tell it's true by looking at him, the fact the immediate torysphere responses all started with "what's the big deal about loving a dead pig" tells you everything you need to know. The fact that no one has produced the picture is a footnote.

I feel bad for people who can't just enjoy this story.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

Antares posted:

If you couldn't tell it's true by looking at him

Is it fair to say that you can "just tell" that Ed Miliband was not fit to be PM just by looking at him?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Come on mate. He put his dick in a dead pigs mouth.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mukip posted:

Is it fair to say that you can "just tell" that Ed Miliband was not fit to be PM just by looking at him?

Only because he would have been better as a pin up boy.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
I can't remember, but why is Paul Hollywood a monster again ?
(it's on in the background...)

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Mr N posted:

Few pages back but do you have an accessible source on this? Not that I doubt you I'd just like to be able back it up when I mention it in conversation with friends.

http://touchstoneblog.org.uk/2013/05/stagnation-chart-5-gdp-per-capita/

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/apr/25/uk-sinks-double-dip-recession-gdp

from a couple of years ago in each case.

OvineYeast posted:

e: suspect the 1873 recession might be longer, but not sure.

The UK was pretty much untouched by the long depression, only the final year of 73-79 featured negative annual growth.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/quarterlybulletin/threecenturiesofdata.xls

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Mukip posted:

It's seems like a ridiculous accusation, nobody have provided a shred of evidence for it

Neither he nor his proxies have actually denied it, it's important to note.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Damien McBride (bastard that he is) made a really good point the other day about the pig story's prominence being a really easy out for Cameron's PR team - they can issue a categorical denial and use it to cast doubt on Ashcroft's other allegations.

Thus far, for whatever reason, they've declined to do so.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Oh, I tell a lie, the recession after WW1 was worse (but it did start with 3 years where the annual growth rate was -9.9%, -7.8% and -10.1% and did come after the deaths of 2% of the population in WW1)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
NHS is loving amazing news: My Surgery went well and I am now cancer free for the time being!

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Mukip posted:

I don't recall anyone saying that.

E: ^^^^fantastic news, very happy for you!

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Neither he nor his proxies have actually denied it, it's important to note.

I'd assume that is because they want to suggest that it's too stupid to even respond to, and unless there's some evidence then it really is. They aren't going to fall into the trap of letting the newspapers print the headline "PM denies loving a pig".

Trickjaw posted:

I don't recall anyone saying that.

It's a comparison to similar types of media claims made about Ed in the past.

Mukip fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 30, 2015

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gonzo McFee posted:

NHS is loving amazing news: My Surgery went well and I am now cancer free for the time being!
Great news!

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Congratulations.. lets hope it stays that way :)

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

That's great!

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

That's great, I'm so glad for you :)

Finished first year of maths degree with the OU thinking I was awfully clever with a 96% average. Started a second year module and realised that actually that firt year was just a very shallow paddling pool in the massive ocean of what the gently caress maths is.

hookerbot 5000 fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 30, 2015

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Mukip posted:

I'd assume that is because they want to suggest that it's too stupid to even respond to, and unless there's some evidence then it really is. They aren't going to fall into the trap of letting the newspapers print the headline "PM denies loving a pig".

You might have a point, except Dave has claimed that he denied the allegations, by referring to the "not going to dignify that with a response" answer which they teach you on day one of PR school. So he wants to create the impression of having denied it, without actually denying it. I'm not sure why that could be though.

Congratulations Gonzo!

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Gonzo McFee posted:

That's awesome news mate :)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

Congratulations comrade.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

Party Boat posted:

You might have a point, except Dave has claimed that he denied the allegations, by referring to the "not going to dignify that with a response" answer which they teach you on day one of PR school. So he wants to create the impression of having denied it, without actually denying it. I'm not sure why that could be though.

Congratulations Gonzo!

Okay then. Unless Corbyn explicitly responds to the claim that he rides a Maoist bicycle by categorically denying it then it's notable that he hasn't done so.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Party Boat posted:

This is the funny part, he's literally gone and orwelled it saying he stands by his previous denial, which he didn't make.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Mukip posted:

Okay then. Unless Corbyn explicitly responds to the claim that he rides a Maoist bicycle by categorically denying it then it's notable that he hasn't done so.

I'm sure if said claim was widely published and circulated and put to him then he would but I'm not sure he keeps tabs on the posts of somethingawful.com poster "Mukip".

e: Haha whoops I didn't realise that was an actual thing that happened. Yes, a Maoist bicycle. Otherwise known as a "bicycle".

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 30, 2015

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Mukip posted:

He showed it up for buffoonery in a gently mocking way. I don't think you are very good at comparisons, alleging I use a form of transport popular with Chinese communists has none of the associations, damage, or implications to judgement and morals the sticking of my dick into a dead pig's mouth does.

Its all apples and oranges, mate.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

Trickjaw posted:

He showed it up for buffoonery in a gently mocking way. I don't think you are very good at comparisons, alleging I use a form of transport popular with Chinese communists has none of the associations, damage, or implications to judgement and morals the sticking of my dick into a dead pig's mouth does.

Its all apples and oranges, mate.

He showed it up for buffoonery, but never went so far as to actually say "I do not ride a Maoist bicycle". :goonsay: Signifiant, no?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You know who else liked bicycles?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
He's also accused of a whole host of other things. And it's not like some random dude is making the accusations; it's an esteemed lord who has historically been an enormous asset for the tories.

I'm pretty sure he deserves, at the very least, a direct response. To refuse someone of that importance is to silently admit that Ashcroft could easily prove his claims in a libel suit.

If Diane Abbot were to say "Jeremy Corbyn is a sex fiend who preys on children", and Corbyn doesn't refute these claims, for what reason should we refute them on his behalf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Out of interest, what's a Maoist bicycle?

• Locked thread