Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
Sweet. Placed the order. Should give me enough time to finish my Turn X.

I think I prefer the more unique designs than the 'standard' Gundam stuff. I'm eyeing both the Amazing Red Warrior and the Sengoku Astray as my next build. Can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
The guy ended up staying true to his word on the 00 Raiser. He was trying to be cool, didn't say a thing when we made the exchange, rolled up with a vape pen and blew vapor basically into a kid's face. The father rightfully chewed him out. The only words I exchanged with him were "really dude", we didn't even shake hands because he walked off too quickly.

Jackass -- I should have tried to take him for 15. But it's fine, it was mint and the 00 Raiser looks like it'll be an incredible model for my first RG. Comes with tons of accessories and looks great. I have a backlog now. It feels kind of satisfying~! I can't wait to work through it.

And hey Droyer, we never got to see your Getter! It'd be cool to see some pictures.

Bizarro Buddha
Feb 11, 2007
I bought an HG Turn A Gundam. The instructions say on particular parts:

quote:

きれいに切り取ります。
Cut off cleanly.

Am I... not supposed to do that with every part :confused:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bizarro Buddha posted:

I bought an HG Turn A Gundam. The instructions say on particular parts:

Am I... not supposed to do that with every part :confused:

you might be horrified to know how many people twist parts off the sprues instead of cutting. Sometimes it need to be cut well to fit.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
I finally found a Javelin kit on Mandarake, ordered it along with a few Vifam kits.Now if only I could find a Jamesgun. Late UC supremacy.

Reds fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Nov 1, 2015

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Mandarake owns. That's where I got my HMM Iron Kong at not-hilariously-marked-up prices.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
New HG Kits with the inner skeletons are pretty neat.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
My GM collection grows, managed to find a cold district today!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
RGM-79D is the best GM design. :3:

Really wish we'd get an MG or RG, but it's never going to happen. :(

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

RGM-79D is the best GM design. :3:

Really wish we'd get an MG or RG, but it's never going to happen. :(

I've always had a soft spot for the RGM-79SP, but yeah. The 79D's pretty great.

Of course, it gets a little sadder if what I've read about it is true. Again, grain of salt, but apparently it wasn't originally meant to be a GM variant. It was meant to replace the GM, so any future one year war stuff would show it instead of the original design. Same with the other suits, like the Zaku and the Guncannon. Those were going to be THE designs for those suits going forward.

But Bandai backed away from that, and here we are.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yeah, I've heard the same. It explains why the 79D is so great, but it is a shame.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It turns out a lot of the MG 00R's more intricate light funneling mechanisms completely screw up when the entire kit is clear. :negative:

Though I guess this does mean I don't have to care about getting the LEDs.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/tyappiityappii/28157274.html

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

started building the pg strike rouge and it's really held up for a kit's that's over a decade old. It's weird seeing the action manipulator type hands went back that far. I guess they were a lot easier to make in that scale.

But man pg's are a time investment. . I spent over 3 hours just building a goddamn leg.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I got all excited at the prospect of there being a cheap actual airbrush + compressor combo on Amazon, and then I looked at the price where I am:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Airbrush-VC16-B22-Airbrushing-KIT-VC16-Compressor-/dp/B0149I1PFC/

Literally three times the price.

If you want to cheat the system and pay me back I can just buy it and ship it, although I make no guarantees about Her Majesty's customs service.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

MJP posted:

If you want to cheat the system and pay me back I can just buy it and ship it, although I make no guarantees about Her Majesty's customs service.

I'm not sure you can ship a compressor overseas. :( If you've got a way of finding out if you can and how much the shipping would be (USPS being notoriously terrible) without too much effort, though, I'd be game.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Pictured -- a poor, poor soul:

Should've got him the Advanced Grade.

(It's even listed on amazon as a jigsaw puzzle of all things....)

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

John Quixote posted:

in some far away land, a 4 year old is building master grades.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

John Quixote posted:

Shameful.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'm not sure you can ship a compressor overseas. :( If you've got a way of finding out if you can and how much the shipping would be (USPS being notoriously terrible) without too much effort, though, I'd be game.

$30 for first-class international, $70 total that you'd need to pay me. Which seems a lot better than 90 quid. I honestly couldn't find anything that says you can't ship this kind of compressor - if it was gas-filled, that's another thing, but this is literally the size of four decks of cards stacked two by two. The package is like twelve inches across, IIRC. It's small, all things considered.

Your call. I'm happy to do it, I'll list it as a gift if that helps. It's a thank-you gift for your $70 donation to the Human Fund, you know?

Meanwhile, it feels like a goony goons being goons thing to do comparison tests of airbrush bare-metal paints, but I spent a few hours last night doing tests of the new Vallejo Metal Color against others including Alclad, Testors Model Masters Metallizer, and Mr. Metal Color. tl;dr Alclad is still the best but Vallejo is great if you want to work with acrylics/don't have a true spray booth and are airbrushing out a window. You won't die, it can clean up very easily with normal alcohol/acrylic airbrush thinner or cleaner, and it gives very good results when you do it right. http://imgur.com/a/IroDs

MJP fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 4, 2015

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

John Quixote posted:

Don't worry Genoace, I still love you and will customize you into a Metroid Space Marine. Well, Genoace 2, but tomato tomahto

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Guys guess what's happening

:siren:Zaku F2000 is getting restocked.:siren:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

John Quixote posted:

HAHAHAHA, loving idiot. I really wish Amazon reviews had a reply feature sometimes.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

HAHAHAHA, loving idiot. I really wish Amazon reviews had a reply feature sometimes.

Amazon reviews have a comment link.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

were gonna troll the hell out out of this grandmother

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Guys guess what's happening

:siren:Zaku F2000 is getting restocked.:siren:

Oh hot drat, the HG Dark Hound is also getting restocked.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

MJP posted:

Your call.

Thanks! Check your PMs. :)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It turns out AGE never had a 1/100 line because there were 1/100 figures.

The proportions are pretty cartoony, but they look to be about the level of the 00 S1 1/100 line. And at least they exist!

EDIT: Ahaha the 1/100 FX sells for like $100. Who would shell out that much for that thing?

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 4, 2015

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Those figures are straight up garbage, and unless you're desperate for AGE Gen 3 rep, all the important AGE MS's have already been made.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

All the important ones are the ones that haven't gotten MGs though???

One day MG Age 1 FG will be released. One day.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They have the molds for AGE-3 MGs, right? They'll probably release those at some point. Maybe once people have gotten over how bad AGE was and they need to fill a slot in their release calendar.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

boom boom boom posted:

They have the molds for AGE-3 MGs, right? They'll probably release those at some point. Maybe once people have gotten over how bad AGE was and they need to fill a slot in their release calendar.

They have the mold for MG Maxter Gundam too, and we all know how that turned out.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

boom boom boom posted:

They have the molds for AGE-3 MGs, right?

CAD data only, if that.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Next HG REVIVE confirmed to be the Gyan.

It's finally the Gyan Vulcan's time to shine!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TaurusOxford posted:

They have the mold for MG Maxter Gundam too, and we all know how that turned out.

Well now I'm sad

Bimmi posted:

CAD data only, if that.

I could've sworn they showed actual physical models, back before they decided to flush AGE down the memory hole

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The Over Flag and the Graze look really fuckin' good when combined.

More here.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

The Over Flag and the Graze look really fuckin' good when combined.

More here.

That's sick!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

GRAZE YOUR FLAG

A good GundamGuy comment???

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

boom boom boom posted:

I could've sworn they showed actual physical models, back before they decided to flush AGE down the memory hole

Printed prototypes, and we never got a good enough look at them to tell whether they were new or just upscaled HGs.

The unproduced G Gundam MGs were all scratchbuilds, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Droyer posted:

A good GundamGuy comment???

haha drat, that's great