Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Kind of considering organizing a Secret Santa. Anyone interested?

we already have one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

BlitzBlast posted:

Kind of considering organizing a Secret Santa. Anyone interested?

Oh poo poo, two ADTRW Secret Santas???

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
This one's a secret Secret Santa, instead of mailing something to the person you get paired with you go to their house and throw an Acguy kit tied to a brick through their window.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

John Quixote posted:

This one's a secret Secret Santa, instead of mailing something to the person you get paired with you go to their house and throw an Acguy kit tied to a brick through their window.

I'll do it if BlitzBlast covers the travel cost

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

John Quixote posted:

It should be a Zaku Amazing, because it has about as much poseability as a brick.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
No see, everyone who participates in this one has to deal in Gundam Xs.

Also yeah, I actually noticed ADTRW had one right after I posted that. We can do a second gunpla only one if you guys want, but it'd be easier to just use that one.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

No see, everyone who participates in this one has to deal in Gundam Xs.

Also yeah, I actually noticed ADTRW had one right after I posted that. We can do a second gunpla only one if you guys want, but it'd be easier to just use that one.

The fun of secret santa is that you don't know what you're getting. I think limiting the skope to gunpla limits that

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

There are so many series I'd actually argue there'd still be a surprise. :v:

Theoretically it would just be "declare a series, other guy will send you one thing from that". And for those smart asses who ask for stuff that only has one or two modern kits, well the old NGs exist. :unsmigghh:

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I'm gonna send someone 3 sets of jigen build knuckles.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'd be down if I can either find a second job or get more hours between now and Christmas.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'd be up for a Gunpla secret santa, but only if you can somehow guarantee I won't have to pay three times the price of the kit in postage. :v: That's the downside of being in Europe.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

DamnGlitch posted:

Yeah the rerelease just came out I guess so its at achievable prices finally.

Been lookin at it for years.

It's REALLY good. I paid big prices for it years ago and got the new one too because it's that drat good. Perfect transformation Buster machines...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'd be up for a Gunpla secret santa, but only if you can somehow guarantee I won't have to pay three times the price of the kit in postage. :v: That's the downside of being in Europe.

Could you order something from Amazon.com to be sent to someone in the US?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

Could you order something from Amazon.com to be sent to someone in the US?

Potentially. It depends on what restrictions Amazon.com has configured for buying Gunpla. For a lot of stuff, it's just plain not possible to buy from the US site without a US bank card.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Would you be able to use PayPal/whatever Amazon's equivalent is, or would it be able to tell it's linked to an EU bank account/card on the US site?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you guys might as well use the VEGETA/ADTRW Secret Santa. it has an option to not ship/receive internationally, and you can just put models as something you'd want

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Oh poo poo, guess we're getting those Gjallarhorn tanks

https://www.hlj.com/product/BANN02308/Gun

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yeah. There's also preorder pages up for mystery IBO mobile suits A and B, which haven't been revealed yet but GundamGuy had two extremely pixelated silhouettes.

I want a 1/100 Hyakuren.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I sincerely hope Akihiro actually does this in the show.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yeah. There's also preorder pages up for mystery IBO mobile suits A and B, which haven't been revealed yet but GundamGuy had two extremely pixelated silhouettes.

I want a 1/100 Hyakuren.

Looks like another Ace Graze variant and what looks like it might be another Gundam, judging by the head fins. What ever it is, its got one hell of a fat rear end.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Looks like another Ace Graze variant and what looks like it might be another Gundam, judging by the head fins. What ever it is, its got one hell of a fat rear end.

The head on the new Graze looks like a commander variant of the Kai, for whatever that's worth. Guessing it's a Tekkadan mobile suit.

Kind of fits to have everything they get be made of the older suits they trashed.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hey yall Koto is putting out a 1/60 Arbalest to go with the 1/60 Laevatein from a couple of years ago:
http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/121365/

If you hadn't already heard: FMP! is getting a new series that is planned to finish out the whole story - we may get some more models out of it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Anyone see Kingsman: The Secret Service?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Midjack posted:

Hey yall Koto is putting out a 1/60 Arbalest to go with the 1/60 Laevatein from a couple of years ago:
http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/121365/

If you hadn't already heard: FMP! is getting a new series that is planned to finish out the whole story - we may get some more models out of it.

It really feels like a cruel fate that, for designs that I love as much as the FMP stuff, they'll never get a really respectable MG equivalent in either size or quality. :negative:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Someone hasn't seen Metal Build Laevatein.

It's even one of the more affordable MBs, like Freedom or Exia Repair.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Please do not show me that at this point in time.

Especially since I still can't get my hands on Alter's Arbalest for a reasonable price.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Okay, sure, I may not be able to get a 1/48 Arbalest or Laevatein, but that might do.

Well in the future though, that's a pretty big price point, and I have a 1/100 Deep Striker that I need to find shelf space for.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I've got a metal composite zeta plus hummingbird i've never taken out of the box because i don't know where the gently caress to put it

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Suck it, people who don't own the Koto Laevatein.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

The flight pack for that thing will be released soon.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Reds posted:

Suck it, people who don't own the Koto Laevatein.

Not even in the same ballpark as the MB.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

BlitzBlast posted:

Not even in the same ballpark as the MB.

Well yeah, one's an action figure and the other is a model. I'm talking models.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Reds posted:

Yeah, and models need to be at least as big as the Sinanju Stein. :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Reds posted:

Well I was talking scale more than anything since ACES wanted a MG equivalent.

Lanz
May 30, 2013

It's wonderful

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Lanz posted:

It's wonderful

I...I need one.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I finally got my best friend to buy a gunpla. He got a Hy-Gogg and he wants to paint it as if it's taken a lot of salt-water weathering and damage, "like the old 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea vehicles at Disney." Any tips for him for creating weathering effects like these? Thanks again =)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Behold, the Grand Weathering Tutorial.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Dammit, I've even been on the Major Williams site before, just not this tutorial. Bookmarking it this time.

Thank you very much for the link. He will ADORE the fact that the process involves actual salt.

Finishing the GM's paint job today, then tomorrow I'll be able to build what will dry today. Sorry it's taken so long, that's just my fault. =/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

We're starting to see the Novemver crapbuild results in the scale modeling thread; here's the standout so far.