Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
At first I thought the first panel said something like "what are you doing?!" which made it obvious to Lisa that he was a fake since the real Jeff would immediately recognize a dbz ref

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

blizzardvizard posted:

List of spectral suspects at this point:
- Lisa

I honestly hope she isn't a spectral. I love that Lisa is the spooky supernatural character in a series where the supernatural is a known quantity and she somehow loses none of the mystique.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Countblanc posted:

At first I thought the first panel said something like "what are you doing?!" which made it obvious to Lisa that he was a fake since the real Jeff would immediately recognize a dbz ref

That would have been better.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Cubone posted:

I honestly hope she isn't a spectral. I love that Lisa is the spooky supernatural character in a series where the supernatural is a known quantity and she somehow loses none of the mystique.

I want Suzy's insult/wild accusation to be accidentally 100% correct and that Lisa is literally a witch. Like she has basically no knowledge of spectral poo poo she's busy being in an entirely different parallel supernatural anime.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I want Suzy's insult/wild accusation to be accidentally 100% correct and that Lisa is literally a witch. Like she has basically no knowledge of spectral poo poo she's busy being in an entirely different parallel supernatural anime.

Isn't that essentially what the brotherhood of man is? Basically Van Helsing in a world of ghosts and spirits?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Right, just like how Johnny's not going to have time to join the paranatural club because he and his gang are already simultaneous mysterysolvers and power rangers

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

neogeo0823 posted:

Isn't that essentially what the brotherhood of man is? Basically Van Helsing in a world of ghosts and spirits?

Cousinhood. They're like, super icky.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Huh, Hijack came right out from Jeff's head? I kinda thought he was somewhere nebulously above, controlling Jeff with strings. I guess Hijack could have moved closer when Jeff started getting all veiny and red-eyed.
...which started back when Isabel was holding/interrogating him.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Our first look at Hijack. Weird.

*isabel voice* the scene of a murder

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Update!

Max is still down :ohdear:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That is actually pretty clever design. Lots of neat little details.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Interesting reactions in the background of panel 2. Johnny's possibly seeing a spirit for the first time.
Cody and Dmitri are a little more ambiguous, but could also be reacting to Hijack's sudden appearance.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Poor max. :(

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Max could still be down just as much because Johnny looks to be sitting on him. Right? :ohdear:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Cubone posted:

Interesting reactions in the background of panel 2. Johnny's possibly seeing a spirit for the first time.
Cody and Dmitri are a little more ambiguous, but could also be reacting to Hijack's sudden appearance.

Same. It's funny almost everyone looks like they can see Hijack. It also looks like Johnny is checking up on Max at least.

Also yay good to see old Jeff again. At least it looks like he didn't receive the severe hits of hitball. :v:

So what's gonna happen? Isabelle's catch net is just gonna go through Hijack? Also holy poo poo she is pissed off. (can't blame her though, she did see her friend took quite a hit)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Johnny is beating up Max to re-establish dominance.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It was me, Krang, all along!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Hijack is just this guy, y'know.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Cubone posted:

There's also the chance that some of the people are watching Isabel jump around swinging an invisible net at something that they can't see.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Hijack looks like a prototype Waldorf muppet without hair.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Green Intern posted:

Hijack looks like a prototype Waldorf muppet without hair.
:stat: Well, there was one part about Hitball that I liked.
:wal: And what's that?
:stat: When it ended!

:stat: :wal: Dohohoho!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Chekov's Gun note: Hijack's spirit energy is yellow, the color Spender doesn't want to be associated with.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Looks orange to me.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Shindragon posted:

Same. It's funny almost everyone looks like they can see Hijack. It also looks like Johnny is checking up on Max at least.

Also yay good to see old Jeff again. At least it looks like he didn't receive the severe hits of hitball. :v:

So what's gonna happen? Isabelle's catch net is just gonna go through Hijack? Also holy poo poo she is pissed off. (can't blame her though, she did see her friend took quite a hit)

I love how on it Isabelle has been for this entire arc. She eased into the role of the sober professional, constantly reassessing to keep people from getting hurt, and as soon as a window opens up, doing what she's ridiculously great at.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Cubone posted:

I love how on it Isabelle has been for this entire arc. She eased into the role of the sober professional, constantly reassessing to keep people from getting hurt, and as soon as a window opens up, doing what she's ridiculously great at.

Francisco Guerra posted:

Pah. I have seen better.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Hilarious prediction: Hijack isn't actually a spirit and is instead a fully-converted medium with a puppetry spirit inside them, and this is our first exposure to that level of synthesis.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that most of the surprise is directed towards the unholy smackdown that Jeff got.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Update! Looks like just the flats for now but it should be 100% soon :toot:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I call bait-and-switch! Hijack's going for Coach Oop, since he's emotionally distraught at the impending banning of hitball.

Also I wonder if banning hitball is meant to be a nod to the fans who have ceased being hype for hitball.

Also, LOL Violet's pointing directly at Coach Oop when he asks who did this.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
My guess is that the person(?) who's been calling out to and warning Max (it's totally PJ) is gonna grab Hijack and stall him only long enough for Max to get in the clear before Hijack escapes.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also, LOL Violet's pointing directly at Coach Oop when he asks who did this.
:laffo: Nice catch

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Coach Oop is a real dick head.

I mean, seriously. His head looks like a penis.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also I wonder if banning hitball is meant to be a nod to the fans who have ceased being hype for hitball.

Yes and no. i feel it's both for fans who were sick of it but also a rub on banning dodgeball. :v:

Also wow that didn't go as I expected. It can't be Max that gets Hi Jacked if the first chapter of this arc is anything to signify.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Hijack tries to hitch a ride on Max, but gets ruined by the Scrapdragon.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Green Intern posted:

That would actually be pretty funny. Isabel, Dmitri and all other spectrals see Hijack go into Max only to come out seconds later screaming "Oh hell no!"

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

It seems like an odd nove on Hijack's part. His last victim is probably going exactly where he wanted him to, why change locations now?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I imagine it's because max is in a vulnerable state. But someone will stop him (Johnny? PJ?) and he'll wind up in Coach Oop who is also pretty upset, which he'll realize is ideal for getting into the lounge anyway and do an evil Oop smile.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Also if he was vulnerable to spectral attacks while outside of someone he might just be booking it away from Jeff since Isabel's there ready to lay the smackdown.

And poor Jeff, none of this was his fault but he's going to bear the brunt of the blame anyway.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Green Intern posted:

I'd put money on Dimitri intervening.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

all these things sound plausible and cool, which is why paranatural owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Aww, Johnny looks really upset about Max getting hurt. He does care. :3:

Not as upset as anime kid, but still.