Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

arisu posted:

Is anyone reading Takane to Hana?

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/takane-to-hana-r15628/

It's one of my least favorite shoujo tropes, with the high school girl and the super rich perfect (though not so much in this series) adult man, but this one is funny as hell and the MC is super awesome. She's definitely not the usual protagonist in these situations.

I'm having more fun with this series than I have had with any new series in a long time.

Yeah it's been pretty funny so far. The protagonist is great and I like how she interacts with the guy. The translation has improved in the latest chapters which is a big plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

nothings posted:

The first episode of this documentary on mangaka features Akiko Higashimura of Kuraghime & Kakukaku Shikajika. (If it was linked before I don't remember it; the English subtitled version only came out a month ago.)

This is amazing, especially after reading Kakukaku Shikajika.

The lady is ridiculously talented.

and cute as heck, just for good measure.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its making me realize that so much of her stuff is untranslated/partially translated and then dropped. sigh....

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New Horimiya was pretty good. That was quite a tone shift right at the end hahaha.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

cool!

The Japanese government's Ministry of Cultural Affairs announced the winners of the 19th Japan Media Arts Festival Awards on Friday.

• Grand Prize
    Kakukaku Shikajika (So-and-so, Such-and-such) by Akiko Higashimura

• Excellence Award
    Awajima Hyakkei (A Hundred Scenes of Awajima) by Takako Shimura

• Otōto no Otto (My Brother's Husband) by Gengoroh Tagame

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Okay, someone over there has some drat good taste.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's pretty awesome, they definitely deserve to win.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea, solid choices for that list. Genuinely shocked to see Ototo no Otto on that list.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol the new Takane to Hana

some pretty great faces in this chapter as well and I'm glad it didn't take the obvious joke with the alcohol and have her get drunk accidentally; I liked how that ended up being resolved instead.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

weak!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

rofl thats some old school scanlation retardation

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Davincie posted:

rofl thats some old school scanlation retardation

yeah, if you care so much about it being a licensed series, either scanlate it or don't

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

What the...

What the?!

Oh well I guess I'll just have to buy 'em when we get to that

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Motto posted:

yeah, if you care so much about it being a licensed series, either scanlate it or don't

Seriously. I have to wonder why they even bother scanlating it if they're going to that much effort to make people buy the official release.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It doesn't bother me too much in that it's a no brainer to buy it and I'm sure another group will step up to the plate anyway.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Nate RFB posted:

It doesn't bother me too much in that it's a no brainer to buy it and I'm sure another group will step up to the plate anyway.

It's a pretty good bet that someone on the forums will archive the releases and upload them to reader sites anyway until the scanners have a meltdown.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Nobody mentioned the latest Tamen De Gushi chapter? For shame :colbert:

It's actually happening, isn't it? :dance:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
nope, there will be 300 more chapters of Sun Jing being a well-meaning stalker and then the series ends with no resolution

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

nope, there will be 300 more chapters of Sun Jing being a well-meaning stalker and then the series ends with no resolution

Don't stalkershame please

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

Actually, they'll suddenly move out and the series will abruptly end.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Timeskip, return to status quo.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

another new chapter of morinaga milk's last thing:

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hana_and_hina_after_school_ch05

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:neckbeard:
Yay!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anyone reading Tetsugaku Letra: http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tetsugaku-letra-r5557

The art is really nice and it's done by a famous manga-ka. It follows a HS boy who exchanges his basketball shoes with a girl for dancing shoes.

Although I like her one-shots but this seems to be one of the rare longer series out :coffee:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ahahaha Jian Yi is going to die in the next chapter

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
tomo-chan.png

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

I started reading, and then got up to date with Horimiya today. A real good time. I like how multifaceted the characters are, especially in their views and feelings towards others, and the way they get past conflict. I feel like if Miyamura was in another manga he would push his new friends away, but in Horimiya he gets past his insecurities at believable pace, but that doesn't mean he totally forgets his old self/life. Miscommunication is never too drawn out which I appreciate.

nothings posted:

The first episode of this documentary on mangaka features Akiko Higashimura of Kuraghime & Kakukaku Shikajika. (If it was linked before I don't remember it; the English subtitled version only came out a month ago.)

Loving this!

Hocus Pocus fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 29, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Third chapter of My Brother's Husband: http://bato.to/reader#692991bf86af96e6

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

tomo-chan.png

I wish I could reach through my PC monitor and punch Jun in the teeth. Get a clue already! :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Also go read Kaguya wants to be confessed to right now because it's awesome.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
This manga

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Well what is it???

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
They look incredibly shiny.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Gnossiennes posted:

Well what is it???

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/virgins_empire

quote:

A peek into the "everyday nudity" of high school girls. Virgins’ Empire is a look into the lives of seven high school girls attending an all girls school. We follow them as they grow relationships with one another. Some more intimate than others.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It is 100% fanservice, but it is also funny and cute.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Uh, redacted bc Zoglin I guess?

Compendium fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Nov 30, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Compendium posted:

Found a cute josei about a pair of adults, one's a dude otaku another a fujoshi.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/it%E2%80%99s-difficult-to-love-an-otaku-r17073

psst

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Oh, cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mostly I was directing you to the better translation/more chapters.