Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Finally, it will become the 4-koma fighting manga it was always meant to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Tomo's good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It makes me even madder than it should because I knew a dude who had slicked back hair and acted exactly like that

I suspect something similar to what happened to him is about to happen to this jerk too

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Tomo delivers.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

I'm so happy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yep

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

New Tamen De Gushi:

:v:

Eh, it could mean a number of things. It could just be a "sorry for not recognizing your advances" or "sorry for freaking out earlier", or the less ideal but not super terrible "sorry i don't know how to deal with this right now."

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Eh, it could mean a number of things. It could just be a "sorry for not recognizing your advances" or "sorry for freaking out earlier", or the less ideal but not super terrible "sorry i don't know how to deal with this right now."

It could be a repeat of the original confession. I'm pretty sure Sun Jing said something like "I'm sorry, I like you" when she first confessed.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It could be a ton of things, but watching this thread freak out about a repeat of the Stretch situation is fun.

Tomo... is good.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
In the latest Shinozaki-san, Akina has gazed too far into the abyss, and the abyss gazed back :ohdear:

Also she totally didn't have a wet dream about Kaede Kanade, no siree, why do you ask?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mikl posted:

In the latest Shinozaki-san, Akina has gazed too far into the abyss, and the abyss gazed back :ohdear:

Also she totally didn't have a wet dream about Kaede Kanade, no siree, why do you ask?

With any luck, next episode is going to be the realisation that she's an otaku and the next one is going to be the realisation that she's gay.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Man this chapter revved up the "Holy poo poo Shinozaki you're such an otaku" from 5 to 10.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mikl posted:

Akina getting introduced to Tomino-ese got a chuckle out of me.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
The best part of that Shinozaki-san is the translator's notes at the end as he freaks out about how "PrePure" isn't letter-accurate to his favorite franchise.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ytlaya posted:

"I'm sorry...I already have a girlfriend"
or
"I'm sorry, I'm actually a boy" and he's just been a convincing cross-dresser all along.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter of Kaguya Wants To Be Confessed To - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kaguya-sama-wa-Kokurasetai-Tensai-tachi-no-Renai-Zunousen/Vol-001-Ch-009--Kaguya-Wants-to-Walk?id=257179

The most romantic chapter so far.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
today's tomo is also the most romantic yet: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tomo-chan-wa-Onnanoko/Ch-233?id=257193

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

In today's Tomo-chan, RIP that dude :laugh:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
BnH please be moving toward an actual couple :pray:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
A few new chapters of Tsurezure Children, a.k.a. the Wakabayashi Toshiya 4-koma series.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everything Burrito posted:

I'll believe it when I see it

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What's BnH stand for?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ytlaya posted:

What's BnH stand for?

Bokura no Hentai

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
In today's Tomo-chan: Who's got the body bags?

e: Holy crap, Higashimura is surprisingly true-to-life with her volume-ending omake.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 20, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yay, Colette Wa Shinu Koto Ni Shita updated and has a whole second volume. I thought it was just a one-shot so that's great!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ah, thanks for reminding me of that. I am constantly thinking "jesus those poor kids desperately need some therapy" while reading that comic.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 21, 2015

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Yay, Colette Wa Shinu Koto Ni Shita updated and has a whole second volume. I thought it was just a one-shot so that's great!

It's up to 20 chapters in the raws, actually! But the fact that translations are so behind is a little sad.

Colette and Hades's pretty drama-free relationship makes it a very relaxing manga to read imo.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Oh cool, another manga that's actually about trans stuff? Thanks for the link!

edit: oh jeez this is pretty heavy hitting right away.
double edit: This is like the manga I've been waiting for my whole life. The scope of gender and sexuality in this is really, really awesome. The characterization is really strong, too, especially with Marika and Parou.

Cephas fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Dec 21, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Finally caught up with Bokura no Hentai. It is literally the only gay(/trans*)-themed manga I've found that I actually enjoy and find compelling (though I haven't read Hourou Musuko and know it's supposed to be good). I think this is because most gay manga have very stereotypical characters and are really clearly intended to titillate a female audience. While Bokura no Hentai does have the "every single character also happens to be really good looking" issue, that kind of applies to pretty much all romance manga so I don't think it matters that much (though it does make things far easier on Aoki than I imagine it is for many real life trans people).

I hope that Aoki ends up with someone other than Tamura. Ideally I think his buddy with the 3 sisters (who I forget the name of) would be a good match for him. I don't know if Ryousuke is a good match for Tamura, since it isn't even really clear if Ryousuke is attracted to men (I'm pretty sure he's not strictly gay, since he was at least physically attracted to his ex-girlfriend and Aoki looks identical to a girl). I imagine there's a good chance they'll end up together though, if for no other reason than Tamura not having any other possible matches (since it seems like he IS strictly gay and wouldn't be interested in Akane as a result).

I hope that Aoki does not end up going to Tamura's high school, because it would be kind of dumb to force yourself to pretend to be a boy for 3 years just because of someone you fell in "love" with as a 13/14-year old.

*though it's also the only trans-themed manga I've seen

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 21, 2015

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

*though it's also the only trans-themed manga I've seen

You should check out Wandering Son if you are at all interested in the theme.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wandering Son is good but has a kind of lovely ending

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
My Brother's Husband is also fantastic if you're okay with it just being about a dude coping with his bigotry towards his dead brother's homosexuality while said dude's daughter and the titular brother's husband do cute things.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Oneiros posted:

You should check out Wandering Son if you are at all interested in the theme.
I watched that last month and enjoyed it a lot despite not really being into the theme myself.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The anime only covers a small part of the manga so you might want to read that if you're interested.

I know of a couple of other decent manga about trans characters but they tend to be fluffy romance things rather than taking the subject particularly seriously, which suits me but others might not be in to.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The anime only covers a small part of the manga so you might want to read that if you're interested.

I know of a couple of other decent manga about trans characters but they tend to be fluffy romance things rather than taking the subject particularly seriously, which suits me but others might not be in to.

:justpost:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

On my phone so linking is a pain in the arse, I don't think they're going to be anything anyone who follows this thread regularly is going to be unaware of either, but anyway:

Prunus Girl - guy meets girl at the entrance exams results only when they start school the cute girl announced to everyone that she's actually a guy! Hijinx ensue. Also has a really good lesbian couple too.

Sazanami Cherry - very similar to the above only not really as good, the main difference is that the main character actually identifies as a girl rather than just dressing like one. Only one volume.

Kyon Kara Yonshimai - no idea, I've only read the first chapter so far, seems okay but if it's terrible, not my fault! Brother returns to family after two years at college where he didn't see any of them and surprises everyone by telling them he's actually a girl now.

Claudine - the only serious one, written in the 70's where there was zero chance of this sort of story ending happily, or indeed having anything happy happen ever.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Wasn't there a series that recently ended where one of two friends transitioned and now they're getting married? I had always meant to see if it was any good, but lost the bookmark.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Booooooo, I've already read all of those :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Shishunki Bitter Change has two characters that swap genders at a young age but they're stuck that way as they grow up, and it has some very unsubtle trans elements as the characters hit puberty.