Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Too many highlights so far to pick a favorite. Some that make the list

-the many variations of Gary Oldman's face in the mocap presentation (both stretched and in PAAARRP position) :gary:
-Sandi's awkward tearful quitting but not really quitting speech (with totally unplanned flunky delivering her flowers followed by artfully dodging a kiss from her husband)
-CRobs many amazing incompetent demonstrations (recent one is the best)
-any and all pube related jokes
-CRobs incredible 10 page (or whatever) trainwreck of a response to D Smizzle.
-Too many amazing photoshops and videos to mention (there should seriously be a compilation of these things somewhere)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Eonwe posted:

someone once bought me a starbound avatar that said something like

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my rear end and mouth

same except starsector.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Beet Wagon posted:

Ten years from now Star Citizen is going to be so close to launch.

Would you say they will be just Two Weeks from launching?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Eonwe posted:

this is her after I got her out of the fireplace a while back, despite having a complete cover over it

no clue how she got in there

Eonwe posted:

how did you get in the cabinet

why did you get in the cabinet

The answer to both these questions is very simple and very obvious:

“gently caress you, I'm a cat.”

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MeLKoR posted:

Guys guys you need to stop posting all that embarrassing poo poo on the RSI forums, they are on to us.

The false flag is down, I repeat, the false flag is down.

How can they not see that it was Poland who struck first?!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
starsector is excellent i wholeheatedly recomend it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khf2wajXDBs
this was posted in an pervious thread (rip)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ytnlc/planning_wave_5_current_and_missing_ship_roles/

Great Ceasar's balls. Already trying to speculate on more jpegs to throw money at.

Nemo2342 posted:

Probably not the full launch, but bare minimum Two Weeks away from the full 10,000 Gb download hitting the PTU.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Eonwe posted:

someone once bought me a starbound avatar that said something like

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my rear end and mouth

That sounds like an amazing av.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
DickWulf loves star citizen so much that Ben Lesnick feels uncomfortable when he starts talking about it.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nemo2342 posted:

Star Citizen will always be just Two Weeks from launch

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

A Neurotic Jew posted:

DickWulf loves star citizen so much that Ben Lesnick feels uncomfortable when he starts talking about it.

well you gotta understand, it's like he wants to gently caress ben's boyfriend's daughter

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

I hadn't watched that, it's incredible :lesnick: & Disco Lando clearly absolutely hate Dick Wulf, it's so awkward, I wonder how he ever ended up on the stream.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A Neurotic Jew posted:

He's probably just scared he could give croberts a better handy since he wasn't cursed with t-rex arms

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

You know what I hope the new year holds for Star Citizen?

More livestreams where Croberts drones on for six hours and then demonstrates how unplayable it is.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Reposting this because someone reposted the meltdown.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

"CIG has always welcomed criticism" :laffo: this is a real post.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Friendly Tumour posted:

it makes me fart and parp

I, too, parp

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

I would buy that catspaceplane. How much please?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lowtax posted:

I, too, parp

post vid of parping in your new happy piss home

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

je suis parp

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

FactsAreUseless posted:

Idiot goon moron [stupidly]: Guh blurrrr bluh it's not even possible to have that much spaceships, because of all the physics contained therein

Chris Peters or whatever his name is [using Spice to fold space]: I'm sorry, what was that you said, I could not hear you because your mouth is full of penises (male).

If the RSI mods posted the way the SA mods do I think the world would be a better place.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

AP posted:

I hadn't watched that, it's incredible :lesnick: & Disco Lando clearly absolutely hate Dick Wulf, it's so awkward, I wonder how he ever ended up on the stream.

I have to imagine he's given them so much money that they have trouble saying no at this point, although I don't know how much money could ever be worth enduring that level of cringe.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

So what does CIG actually have to release to not actually face any litigation? At what point do they just dump some loosely cobbled together "pre-alpha" as the game and just have everyone walk away like they upheld their promises? Then how many of the citizens will be content with it?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I have to imagine he's given them so much money that they have trouble saying no at this point, although I don't know how much money could ever be worth enduring that level of cringe.

Isn't that basically how Lando and :lesnick: got their jobs though? Not necessarily the money part but by furiously jerking themselves off over The DREAM (TM) harder than anybody else?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If the RSI mods posted the way the SA mods do I think the world would be a better place.

true

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

AP posted:

And when he eventually an heroes, it will, of course, be the fault of goons and not him being a thoroughly detestable human being and wrecking his life. But I have to say, I really don't know why exactly they keep him around if this is how they feel about him lol. Perhaps another idea of Sandi?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

Ten years from now Star Citizen is going to be so close to launch.

I can't even begin to imagine the concept ships they'll have!

Think about it... maybe they'll have a ship with two cockpits! :dong:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Grinning Goblin posted:

So what does CIG actually have to release to not actually face any litigation? At what point do they just dump some loosely cobbled together "pre-alpha" as the game and just have everyone walk away like they upheld their promises? Then how many of the citizens will be content with it?

I think they are probably approaching that point now, although Legal might have something to say about it after he finishes pooping in the yard.

As blinded as a lot of them are, I gotta think that if CIG just called it quits right now there would be a huge revolt. Only the die-hards would stay.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

bumbles posted:

I would buy that catspaceplane. How much please?
4 parps

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMZ8iFy4gTA&t=3480s

Sean Tracy is moving from CIG Austin to LA in January, is the Disco Lando comment about not wanting people to know where you live a dig at DickWulf sitting behind him? I didn't watch it all but think he was the only person in frame they didn't introduce at the start.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I can't even begin to imagine the concept ships they'll have!

Think about it... maybe they'll have a ship with two cockpits! :jizz:

Well... the B-Wing ripoff has a double cockpit, if that counts :gary::gizz:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
The best-laid plans of Crob and Ben
gang aft awry
And leaves to them but grief and pain
but to us: great joy!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ytnlc/planning_wave_5_current_and_missing_ship_roles/

Great Ceasar's balls. Already trying to speculate on more jpegs to throw money at.

Probably not the full launch, but bare minimum Two Weeks away from the full 10,000 Gb download hitting the PTU.

gently caress I didn't realize they had confirmed a Wave 5. How about you deliver a loving game first?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

Well... the B-Wing ripoff has a double cockpit, if that counts :gary::gizz:

Need. Photos. Must. Finish.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Beet Wagon posted:

Isn't that basically how Lando and :lesnick: got their jobs though? Not necessarily the money part but by furiously jerking themselves off over The DREAM (TM) harder than anybody else?

Lesnick and Huckaby are both extremely charismatic people compared to Dick Wulf. Crazy, but true.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm watching the 2008 Red Baron movie.

The CGI flight models and physics are better than Star Citizen.

The story and characters are better than those in Wing Commander.

:gary: :hitler: :yarg:

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

I love this thread. I haven't played a space game since the X-Wing and TIE Fighter days, and this thread inspired me to get Elite Dangerous.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Only 11 hours left to 'patch' the game for me and I am WHOOPING and air punching all the way til it's done

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
My ideal game:

1) one that costs a whole bunch of money
2) one with no clear release date, if ever
3) one whose features and objectives are unclear, if existent

I like to throw money into my fireplace and hope that if I do it long enough, Cubivore 2 will magically appear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Scruffpuff posted:

This engine can barely handle the tiny little area they've built. Really, it's not handling it, when you get right down to it. And you can feel when you play that it's not an issue of optimizing or bug-fixing - it's an issue that it was built wrong from the jump.

I've said it since around the first iteration of Arena Commander. The engine has been hacked and bandaged back together to such a degree that it seems as though it's fighting itself to do anything.

When you stop turning there's no finality to it. There's always a little snap to it. Also the footsteps during this- I can't really explain it.

The only thing that is smooth is the HUD. Everything else is plagued by stutters and screen tearing. This isn't because "it's alpha." That's bullshit as rendering the basic tenets of the game- such as a single room in the FPS engine- should not have these rendering problems. You should not have motions that continue after the input ceases. You should not have phantom footsteps, your head should not bob 8 inches to step forward.

All of this occurs constantly, and has been somehow accepted 3 years into development.

There's no economy, no organization integration, no persistence, and the biggest thing at all, which a goon noticed: when a user is piloting a ship, they become the ship itself. It's why they are invincible until they get up. Only then do they "spawn" inside the ship model. This is where it's obvious because once this happens the physics (such as g-forces) no longer apply.

Forget the Paarp nonsense of Sandi's war on pubes or Detek Smart's blogs. 3 things are just swept under the rug:

1) The entire year of Star Marine was completely abandoned. All the videos, graphics, maps, game modes- all was either tossed or never made. And this has been played off as "intended"

2) The 64-bit positioning bullshit. This was blatant misdirection, and it was originally used to describe how it is one giant map. It is not. IT'S EXACTLY HOW EVE ONLINE'S SYSTEMS HAVE WORKED SINCE 2003. You will be positioned in the system, but will only load an instanced "grid." Even if this works, given what I'll describe in #3 you can see how this I'll cripple the game.

3) Multiplayer as described (although never written in a dev doc) is so hilariously far away that it might as well be considered impossible. Not for the world, impossible with Star Citizen as it's built. Think a bit, while the system positioning is 64 bit, the local grids aren't. In fact the draw distances and such have to be redone all the time when you are beyond typical bubble. This means the grids will still be limited to Arena Commander size, and given they never broke the 16 player limit there's no indication it will increase. On top of that, there's so little in terms of IT resources working for CIG right now I am honestly confused how the GIMP is even looking these days.

• Locked thread