Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

This is racism! Why others get a refund and I don't! It's only $45 and they don't bother to refund it coz it's gifted.

Anyway see you in the verse spergs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
DEAR INTERNET, USER "ASSWIZARD420" HAS BEEN SPREADING MALICIOUS LIES ABOUT ME, NAMELY REGARDING THE SIZE AND SHAPE OF MY rear end AND THE ACTIVITIES I ENGAGE IN WITH MY rear end AND NUMEROUS SLANDER FILLED COMMENTS ABOUT THE QUALITY OF MY rear end AND THEY ARE TRYING TO GET ATTENTION WITH THEIR rear end LIES SO DON'T GIVE THEM ATTENTION

NOW LET ME ADDRESS EACH AND EVERY THING THEY'VE SAID

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

"I am a qualified teacher"

Another one for the resume alongside shrewd businesswoman no.1 world leader and qualified marine biologist.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

DEAR INTERNET, USER "ASSWIZARD420" HAS BEEN SPREADING MALICIOUS LIES ABOUT ME, NAMELY REGARDING THE SIZE AND SHAPE OF MY rear end AND THE ACTIVITIES I ENGAGE IN WITH MY rear end AND NUMEROUS SLANDER FILLED COMMENTS ABOUT THE QUALITY OF MY rear end AND THEY ARE TRYING TO GET ATTENTION WITH THEIR rear end LIES SO DON'T GIVE THEM ATTENTION

NOW LET ME ADDRESS EACH AND EVERY THING THEY'VE SAID

Asswizard said I had pimples all over my rear end

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I'm a VP at a $100m crowd funded company who says the words "butt-hurt that they aren't a special snowflake" in an email to a customer and is totally serious about it.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Tippis posted:

I used to make comparisons with Enron. Now I'm thinking more like Amy's Baking Company.
:cripes:

Thanks for this - I didn't know about it and took some time to research it. :wow:

I agree with your assessment - the parallels are unmistakable. Sometimes it's not the process that is broken - it's the people. Of course here we get both.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Eonwe posted:

Just because he was right about that doesn't mean he's not spreading slander about lowtax

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Are there any qualified threat assessors here. Please do a professional threat assessment on Sandi's emails.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Eonwe posted:

You should trust him. With that kind of name, he'd know about such things, don't you think?

Scruffpuff posted:

Thanks for this - I didn't know about it and took some time to research it. :wow:

I agree with your assessment - the parallels are unmistakable. Sometimes it's not the process that is broken - it's the people. Of course here we get both.
It really is a wonderful modern saga. Looking back, maybe it was some unformed version of this parallel that made me suggest the new docusoap concept “Derek's Coding Nightmares.” It would be the most sold DVD ever…

alphabettitouretti posted:

Are there any qualified threat assessors here. Please do a professional threat assessment on Sandi's emails.
Assessment: needs help. Like, a lot.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In case anyone was wondering, you can indeed get banned for what you post off-site.

I'd like to extend my thanks to Sandi and Patrick for being so forthright and polite with me. At first I was a little worried I wouldn't see anything beyond an automated response, but then an anonymous CS rep helped me out, followed by Sandi herself, and then when Sandi couldn't provide the necessary information Patrick was kind enough to clarify.

I hope you guys find the attached conversation as enlightening as I did.

Nice of them to admit that Derek's sources were spot on regarding the ship name leak. "Aiding and Abetting Corporate Espionage" they cry, as they try to posture themselves to look like anything more than a sack of poo poo draped in human skin.

As always when told to put up or shut up, CIG fails to do either.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

wow sandi is so humble. she's saying shes only doing the job of 6 people instead of 10.

quote:

"VPs also in general, don't want to get their hands dirty in the trenches like I do and at the very least they have an assistant which I don't even have that....
Sandi speaks 5 languages; I, alas, only speak one. Anyone know which language she's using here?

G0RF fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 2, 2016

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Lowtax posted:

What the gently caress

Can they at least give you the tally of the votes for overturning your ban? Did every employee get to vote and did you have ample representation? This is not how justice - STAR justice - works

Yea, I thought space court was public record?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In case anyone was wondering, you can indeed get banned for what you post off-site.

I'd like to extend my thanks to Sandi and Patrick for being so forthright and polite with me. At first I was a little worried I wouldn't see anything beyond an automated response, but then an anonymous CS rep helped me out, followed by Sandi herself, and then when Sandi couldn't provide the necessary information Patrick was kind enough to clarify.

wait, did they just inadvertently admit that DS had/has a source in their company regarding the whole vindicator thing?

Good job giving DS more credibility CIG!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Holy poo poo, that really, really made me feel uncomfortable. I think we're seeing the SC meta game, right here.

No poo poo their CS cue is a million citizens long. How many meltdowns was that, to answer a couple of (should be) easy questions?

Sandi, you're an appalling individual and I pity your children.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Yolomon Wayne posted:

quote:

I am a shrew businesswoman with lots of experience in business

Oh no, is Sandi a furry

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I can't believe she just confirmed Dereks claims. This is amazing. Sandi must be fifth folumn.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Also ^ you forgot to edit out your first name.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
the more I read, the more I :cripes:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Holy poo poo, that really, really made me feel uncomfortable. I think we're seeing the SC meta game, right here.

No poo poo their CS cue is a million citizens long. How many meltdowns was that, to answer a couple of (should be) easy questions?

Sandi, you're an appalling individual and I pity your children.

but is it considered a 1 person meltdown or a 6 person meltdown?

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

TTerrible posted:

I can't believe she just confirmed Dereks claims. This is amazing. Sandi must be fifth folumn.

Little does Derek know, Sandi is every single one of his sources. Its just that she's a bipolar paranoid schizophrenic with dissociative identity disorder and his information depends on what medication she's taken that day

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Romes128 posted:

wait, did they just inadvertently admit that DS had/has a source in their company regarding the whole vindicator thing?

Good job giving DS more credibility CIG!

I am super looking forwards to the human pretzels that we'll be seeing as the whales try to rationalise someone being banned for "aiding and abetting corporate espionage" while at the same time having only disseminated something they believe wasn't true from a man they believe does not have an actual inside source.

I'm sure they'll settle on "both" somehow.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

redwalrus posted:

the more I read, the more I :cripes:

its hard to read but funny when you realize they legitimized derek smarts claim to have a source inside their company. lol.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hahaha was that sandi doing the "Doesn't have the balls" reply because thats exactly how people were describing one of her rants usually went.

That part is absolute gold-- an inadvertent confession for the ages!

G0RF fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 12, 2016

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

G0RF posted:

"The Telltale Balls"

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

This one is the best, especially the last paragraph.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Sandi posted:

I am one of the best saleswomen in the world without a shadow of a doubt and I always have been

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That was one if the most hilarious stuff I read in a while. These tards are CIG are really FUBAR human beings.

My favorites:
Sandi: 'I am one of the best saleswomen in the world without a doubt and always have been' Trump/Gardiner 2016
Neckbeard Probst: 'your collusion with one Derek Smart Esq', 'This could be construed as aiding and abetting coporate espionage', 'your toxicity and malcontent' What a fucklord

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
i wonder what chris roberts would say when he sees that sandi says the game would not even exist without her.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lack of Gravitas posted:

No pants around his ankles either, so he's just wandering around on his spaceship with it all hanging out :psyduck:

Space Porky Piggin' it.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Romes128 posted:

i wonder what chris roberts would say when he sees that sandi says the game would not even exist without her.

"Yes ma'am."

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

The best thing is how they confirmed the David Jennison letter was real.

quote:

Visions are cheap. Ideas are cheap. A good leader is not simply someone with a vision or a great idea. A good leader not only has the vision, but they can communicate that visionto the team, and more importantly they inspire and energize the team members with that vision. Chris Roberts might have a vision but he can’t communicate it. And therefore, no one on the team knows what it is. This is known to every team member, certainly of the art team. Roberts is not an artist and it is clear he is not a visual communicator. The basic understanding of macro vs micro, what is essential to the piece and what is not, completely escapes him. Everything is of equal importance- the laces on the boot are just as important as the overall value pallet and silhouette, in many cases more. This is indicative of Robert’s extreme lack of understanding of the most basic of artistic principals. That level of ignorance and lack of visual depth for an artist would be problematic, but for someone at a director level, it is absolutely crippling to a project.

Robert’s deficit wouldn’t be much of a problem if he trusted the vision of the art directors, people who are actually artist and have directed other artists. But he doesn’t, insisting that he is the only one who can direct the artists. I suspect this is an issue of ego, a man intent on appearing like a visionary. But regardless, the results so far have been disastrous, rife with perpetual rework, wasted time, and mass frustration. No one can buy into CR’s artistic vision because no one, including CR, seems to know what it is.

So the one thing that no one discusses is the biggest problem. Roberts is someone who on a company- wide level is always feared, but never respected. His direction is met with nervous compliance to his face, and rolled-eyed resentment behind his back. When his orders are articulated later to the rest of the team, and basic questions of logic and practicality are inevitable asked, they are met not with an explanation of why CR’s idea is a good one, but the importance of his happiness. The explanation is always the same- “I know it makes no sense, but that’s what CR wants”. This team is filled with people who have experience publishing other titles. Lots. We all know how it is “supposed” to be done. But everyone is faced with the same repeated dilemma, a choice- make CR happy or do what works for the game? Short term survival vs long term wins. And unfortunately it’s the survival option that wins out, mainly because turning away from a directive of CR is a recipe for unemployment.

I am only speaking from one corner of this project, but I know that the micro managerial frustration experience is an epidemic at CIG. Everyone seems to be unhappy for the exact same reason. I don’t foresee anything changing at CIG if Roberts doesn’t change himself. And this is a shame because the company has all the ingredients to do something truly great, if only they would be allowed to do it.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's interesting- they (she) clearly think of you as a major source for people's dissatisfaction with the game. She's not writing rants like that in everyday refund responses, but you get it all.

Yet she can't see that it's exactly these kinds of unprofessional, obsessive actions that drive people off. She really does have no idea how to run a community and her direction is so clearly responsible for the hard-right turn into nutjob cult of personality territory that it has taken. I have gone from disinterested to a little revolted to actively hoping to see her and the Croberts face legal action at the end of all this.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Romes128 posted:

Truth be told the game doesn't exist because of both of them.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

:chanpop:

Odd, my RSI account is still ok even though I talk to Derek.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

TheLastRoboKy posted:

:ms:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

AP posted:

you have been reported

maybe you can argue your case to the greatest CS rep IN THE WORLD since she was a child

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

G0RF posted:

"The Telltale Balls"
"Your raggedy-rear end stained T-shirt will remember that."

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

AP posted:

They only know because forums and RSI accounts have similar/identical names. They don't know otherwise.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheLastRoboKy posted:

:gary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sarsapariller posted:

It's interesting- they (she) clearly think of you as a major source for people's dissatisfaction with the game. She's not writing rants like that in everyday refund responses, but you get it all.

Yet she can't see that it's exactly these kinds of unprofessional, obsessive actions that drive people off. She really does have no idea how to run a community and her direction is so clearly responsible for the hard-right turn into nutjob cult of personality territory that it has taken. I have gone from disinterested to a little revolted to actively hoping to see her and the Croberts face legal action at the end of all this.
They won't. They'll do the minimum they need to deliver a "product" and it will be bad but will also probably be at least Eve-level popular.

• Locked thread