Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

AnacondaHL posted:

Haruchika has the most accurate cat in anime history.

:yeah: that was a really good moment :3: very relatable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Watched Prince of Stride - Alternative. It was certainly an anime about free running relay races alright.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

korrandark posted:

Watched Prince of Stride - Alternative. It was certainly an anime about free running relay races alright.

OK.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gosh, i'm super hyped after finishing the first ep of Haruchika! the character designs and interactions are really cute and fun, respectively, and have sold me on the show way more than the mystery stuff. though the mystery was good, in the sense that it integrated well with both the musical aspect of the show, and set up a key part of the show (the love triangle). not really gonna worry about the teacher/student stuff until it actually becomes an issue. lol at Chika's final line being fit for an LN: "My Rival In Love Is My Childhood Friend...And A Boy!?"

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

gosh, i'm super hyped after finishing the first ep of Haruchika! the character designs and interactions are really cute and fun, respectively, and have sold me on the show way more than the mystery stuff. though the mystery was good, in the sense that it integrated well with both the musical aspect of the show, and set up a key part of the show (the love triangle). not really gonna worry about the teacher/student stuff until it actually becomes an issue. lol at Chika's final line being fit for an LN: "My Rival In Love Is My Childhood Friend...And A Boy!?"

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

technicalities

but also i won't recognize their triangle

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Prince of Stride Alternative Boys Sprint To The End Of Summer was really good! i like the saturated colors and dang, almost all the boys are cute. Stride seems like it'll be really cool to watch as it gets more complex, and all the action animation so far has been great.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

crunchyroll picked up the ojisan show

sentai some show about making games

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

crunchyroll picked up the ojisan show

YES!!! now i can continue to be unreasonably hyped for a 5min short from a nearly new studio

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

YES!!! now i can continue to be unreasonably hyped for a 5min short from a nearly new studio

Is there still no PV for it yet?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Is there still no PV for it yet?

i looked on youtube this morning and nope. plus i figure ANN would've posted an article for it and there isn't one.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Feels good to hit that "add to queue" button

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dunno how I feel about the characters in Prince of Stride, but it is pretty gay.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

and finished the first ep of Phantom World. i feel like this was a really nice start to the season, a bunch of fairly pretty and fun to watch shows! Phantom World obviously looks great (though the guy is really plain and not cute), and i like all the girls a bunch so far. had some genuinely great moments like the stair scene and limbo ghosts, though there was some real dumb exposition. i suppose the upsides to said exposition were the world being kinda interesting (brain viruses) and legduck (which i am unable to gif, sadly).

Sir Gladu
Nov 26, 2008

Myriad Colors has a super boring and generic setting, decent execution, is great looking. They really need to make the relations between the characters interesting in the next episodes. I also don't really like the goober MC and already hate the mascot djinn character. The girls are OK so far, the exposition is awkward and unnecessary.

I expected nothing of Haruchika but it's really charming, it's like if Hyouka and Hibike Symphonium had a baby with weirdly colored eyes. The cypher mystery was meh, but in the context of a first episode I'm ok with it, it introduce you well to the characters while telling you "here's what you should expect from this show". Band stuff with nice characters + low-key mystery+ a weird love triangle, I'm in.
childhood friends with no romantic tension what is this dark magic

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well, huh.

This March, Makoto Shinkai's first short She and Her Cat, is inspiring an anime...that is a series of shorts. And also not directed by him.

quote:

Kana Hanazawa will play the girl, and Shintarō Asanuma will play the black cat. The anime will portray the life of the girl, a junior college student job hunting while living alone with her pet black cat.

Kazuya Sakamoto (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Clannad, Hyōka episode director) will direct the anime at LIDEN FILMS, while Naruki Nagakawa will pen the scripts. Senbon Umishima is designing the characters, and will also serve as chief animation director.

Shinkai (Voices of a Distant Star, 5 Centimeters Per Second, The Garden of Words) released his original She and Her Cat five-minute short anime independently in 1999. Shinkai voiced the cat while his wife (then girlfriend) Mika Shinohara voiced the girl. Shinkai produced and animated the short alone, and his longtime collaborator Tenmon composed the music. The short won the grand prize at the 12th DoGA CG Animation Contest in 2000. ADV Films' 2003 DVD release of Shinkai's Voices of a Distant Star includes the short.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-01-06/makoto-shinkai-she-and-her-cat-short-gets-tv-anime-in-march/.97256

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Strange Quark posted:

I dunno how I feel about the characters in Prince of Stride, but it is pretty gay.
sweet

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the girl in Stride seems to be like a half-step up from the traditional manager role though, so i kinda hope Relationer is a bit more involved than watching a gps and telling runners when to go/meet up.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

quite frankly, i wish prince of stride was about the shogi club. also lol at the whole 3d visualization thing they had going on

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

the girl in Stride seems to be like a half-step up from the traditional manager role though, so i kinda hope Relationer is a bit more involved than watching a gps and telling runners when to go/meet up.

It's adapting an otome game, so I can't say I'm expecting much.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i hope she does a classic kana hanazawa breakdown

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

It's adapting an otome game, so I can't say I'm expecting much.

it felt like they were trying to avoid it by having her suggest she be the manager then, nope Relationer! but yeah that could be a hollow swap, i just know it would be better if it wasn't

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Lupin is my friend and he's gonna be on Crunchyroll today

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Watched Myriad Colours, it was basically what I expected.

I want djinn mascot thing to get out. She's annoying.

There are so many LN adaptations that have decent base premises, that immediately drag themselves down by high school settings and a strict adherence to bad cliches.

Reds fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jan 7, 2016

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I'm going to give Haruchika a few more episodes, but I'll probably have to wait for a group to fix Funimation's TLs for it to be palatable.

Girl audibly says "I play bass tuba". Later in the episode they show her playing a bass tuba. Funimation "localises" it to "euphonium", an instrument which is either exactly, or close to, half the length.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

But it's just like the other band anime! You know, with the gay girls and Rydeen! The one you liked!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Animator Expo seasons 1 and 2 are back online until the end of the month when all three seasons are going offline.

Cool I need to catch up on season 3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Srice posted:

Lupin is my friend and he's gonna be on Crunchyroll today

Oh baby! They're dumping all the episodes that have aired up to this point on there right?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In Training posted:

Oh baby! They're dumping all the episodes that have aired up to this point on there right?

Yeah! It's gonna rule.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I've been waiting for decent subs before trying to watch it, so I'm looking forward to this.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Sushi Police is some interestingly done 3D. A friend says it's Nickelodeon-esque and I can agree with that, I think.
I might stay on for the style.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I'm OK with Myriad Colors because a) I'm an unabashed Kyoani fanboy and b) it feels like Kyoukai no Kanata except not taking itself so loving seriously. I just want to watch Kyoani animate cool battles and cute girls without the show getting all up its own rear end about it. It's a lot easier to handle a corny chuuni story when the show also doesn't care about taking it seriously.

I liked Haruchika more than I thought I would, mostly because Haruta and Chika both own in different ways, and the eyes are really pretty. I also kind of like the low-key mystery stuff, it reminds me of Hyouka.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Watched the pilot episode of Phantom World and found it quite interesting. Mai is the best.

I really like the pixel and puzzle effects the show has going on, makes the show a joy to watch. I don't have a good track record with KyoAni shows, but I'll try my best to stick with it.

Have I mentioned how much I like Mai? She's very, um, impressive.

I'm sorta surprised that this is a KyoAni show though given the sheer amount of boobage it's got going on. I thought KyoAni was the studio that wouldn't even let two people kiss.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There still won't be any kissing.

Boobs are fine though

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Boobs are fine though

the new era of kyoani: boob kissing

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

Boobs are fine though

I'm fine with no kissing as long as Mai keeps doing her thing.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Haruchika has some pretty fun characters, none of them hit the heights of Kumiko and Reina and Asuka and Natsuki, but they are on average stronger than the rest of H!E's band. But it's a hella lot easier for Haruchika, because there are a magnitude fewer characters to focus on.

Phantom World seems to be the funny parts of KnK, so it could potentially work if it focuses on that. Also, I'm in love with Saori Hayami doing her super husky voice that she used for Shirayuki and Shinoa.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm sorta surprised that this is a KyoAni show though given the sheer amount of boobage it's got going on. I thought KyoAni was the studio that wouldn't even let two people kiss.
amagi brilliant park had plenty of fanservice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Endorph posted:

amagi brilliant park had plenty of fanservice

It's confusing that people are so surprised when Sento exists.

• Locked thread