Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There was a photo on Reddit today showing a store with them for sale. Shark figure pictures were getting posted too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

NESguerilla posted:

Anyone else find that Brick Show guy pretty insufferable?

I think Jang might be the only person who talks about Lego on the internet I can stand.

I absolutely cannot stand that Brick Show guy. Jang is probably the only "good" reviewer that I like. Just2Good is pretty alright but he's more of a leaks / pictures kind of guy.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Are the s15 minifigs in store yet?

Some places in Europe.

Not until early Feb for USA supposedly.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

I think Jang might be the only person who talks about Lego on the internet I can stand.

Ditto

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Apparently S15 is on shelves in Aus already.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Are the s15 minifigs in store yet?

I just got 2 from Target today - I got the ballerina and the clumsy guy with crutches.

Edit: You could tell they'd been picked over, though most were still there. I really only wanted the Ultimate Warrior. :smith:

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Jang owns. His video on the Resistance trooper transport was fantastic and really made me look twice at the set.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

MaliciousOnion posted:

Apparently S15 is on shelves in Aus already.

Definitely, saw them yesterday.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Red posted:

I just got 2 from Target today - I got the ballerina and the clumsy guy with crutches.

Edit: You could tell they'd been picked over, though most were still there. I really only wanted the Ultimate Warrior. :smith:

Where u at?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Feenix posted:

Where u at?

Virginia, just outside of DC.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

VaultAggie posted:

Jang owns. His video on the Resistance trooper transport was fantastic and really made me look twice at the set.

Gotta get that old Leia

:/

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:
Someone is willing to sell me (about 90% complete) incomplete sets at 40$ for 1000 pieces (comes down 4 cents a piece). Is that a good deal? Thoughts?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Incomplete because the kids threw all the pieces in a bin and they got mixed together, or incomplete because someone sold off all the valuable bits?

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:
More A) than B), but I think the guy is selling off the minifigs.

I bought 2x 95% complete Agetns sets off him, it was missing about 10% of the pieces but it seemed fairly random.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Zodack posted:

No love for Kylo Ren?

I feel like I could make a Kylo Ren pretty easily, might have to fiddle with the lightsaber handle and cut up one of those red torpedo pieces I never use. But Maz is a unique design and Legos insatiable love of the white people plus the actually-a-characterisation-thing jacket means Finn is hard to just put together.

But yes Kylo Ren is excellent; the dorky, privileged school shooter is basically the perfect New Vader.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

4 cents a piece is pretty good. Only reason I'd say no is if it was obviously a lot of random sets, I tend to buy parts based on color or theme and if it's a bunch of friends or city sets I'll pass. But if it's star wars I'll gobble that stuff up even without minifigs because grey is super fun to build with.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

VaultAggie posted:

I was thinking the exact same thing when I watched it a few weeks ago. Made me really want to set.

dodob
May 20, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

Jang is a bit too verbose for me sometimes. Just2good is a nice middle ground.

In the end it comes down to how much I'm interested in the set.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
What do you guys think the odds are that GameStop will overstock on Silver Centurion polybags and I could convince them to sell me a few? Really liking that figure, but I don't want to pre-order a $60 game just to get it - even if I can return the game.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Zodack posted:

What do you guys think the odds are that GameStop will overstock on Silver Centurion polybags and I could convince them to sell me a few? Really liking that figure, but I don't want to pre-order a $60 game just to get it - even if I can return the game.

I have had some good luck just asking fur the poly bags. I did this after the Lego movie came out and snagged a few.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Anyone looking for missed modulars? I have an extra Firehouse and Grand Emporium I want to unload and I despise eBay. Everything is complete and includes box if you want it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Man the $13 batman set has a crap build (which most cheap sets do I guess) but the batman fig is amazing. The printing is great, although covered up with a torso armor piece mostly. I like the glow in the dark head such that the eyes glow from behind the cowl. The new (?) grapnel gun piece looks great. The printed bat signal piece is going straight into something else and is assembled in a profoundly stupid way- why would it be a missile? - but I'm glad to have the piece.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

djfooboo posted:

Anyone looking for missed modulars? I have an extra Firehouse and Grand Emporium I want to unload and I despise eBay. Everything is complete and includes box if you want it.

Would you be willing to wait until tax returns come in? If so, I'm interested.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

djfooboo posted:

How much are you wanting for either of them? I'll have to run it by my fiancée, but I'm pretty sure she was wanting the Grand Emporium if not both.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

On the hunt for both the 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer and 8039 Venator Republic Cruiser, let me know if you have either or both and wanna sell.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
Any idea what star wars set this is from? Picked it up on a Facebook barter page

http://m.imgur.com/AsDwAX6

Pretty nice haul of 05-07 sets. No figs. Currently taking it all apart to wash.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Could be parts of the Naboo fighter, combined with something else. Naboo fighter is the first thing I think about when thinking "yellow" and Star Wars Lego.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

The Rage posted:

On the hunt for both the 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer and 8039 Venator Republic Cruiser, let me know if you have either or both and wanna sell.

I think 75055 will come back in stock.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

Pirate Ken posted:

Any idea what star wars set this is from? Picked it up on a Facebook barter page

That's the stand/service tower from the 2006 B-Wing set. It's supposed to come with a bunch more tools though.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Does anybody have any experience wiring some type of small LED inside of a huge display piece like the Ghostbuster Firehouse? The Firehouse is designed to be displayed in the opened/exploded view to show off all the amazing interior detail and easter eggs from the movies, my only issue is the lower floors are fairly dark and it is fairly hard to see some of the detail. I want to install some small LED bulbs inside of the lower floors to provide a soft light to show off the set even more.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
These guys have some neat ideas regarding lighting lego.
https://www.brickstuff.com/

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

Pirate Ken posted:

How do you wash lego pieces, do you run them through the dishwasher or something?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Giant Tupperware tub full of either mild bleach free laundry detergent or dish soap. Let soak for 24 hours and then scoop it out with a colander rinse and lay on a towel to dry.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That price kills it for me. The model may technically be worth it based on piece count and license, but it doesn't look like much and a big chunk of the build seems wasted on space for the poles. I'd have happily paid $150 or even $200 for the Batmobile, minifigs, and bigger versions of the Wayne Manor room and Batcave. As it is, it just looks like three $60 sets crammed together.

I agree that a big chunk of the build is wasted (thanks for the big brown wall, Lego), but I will pay whatever the cost for a 1960s Batmobile. And I think Lego understands that.

I have a Batmobile problem.

Not pictured is the Ultimate Collectors Edition one from like 2006. It's on top of that shelf.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Strife posted:

I agree that a big chunk of the build is wasted (thanks for the big brown wall, Lego), but I will pay whatever the cost for a 1960s Batmobile. And I think Lego understands that.

Not pictured is the Ultimate Collectors Edition one from like 2006. It's on top of that shelf.

What seems to be the problem? Cause thats awesome.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Strife posted:

I see no problem other than my overwhelming sense of jeluousy.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

What's the minifig tumbler from?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Finished the Firehouse HQ set, I regret nothing :dance:

However it seems during moving out of my ex's house the roof of my Ecto 1 and two minifigs from that set have disappeared, so I will have to scour every box I own and possibly reorder the missing parts if unsuccessful in my hunt :ohdear:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Only problem I see is you don't have more shelves to display even more batmobiles.

I mean, a new one is coming out this year. Time to go to ikea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

Strife posted:

I agree that a big chunk of the build is wasted (thanks for the big brown wall, Lego), but I will pay whatever the cost for a 1960s Batmobile.

Have you not seen the full photo set? The backside of the tall structure is a house exterior, complete with ropes for Batman and Robin to climb.

I'll probably use my own bricks to separate the two so that I can display Dick and Bruce in the library and have Batman and Robin climbing the house with Emmet looking out the window in amazement.