Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Zettace posted:

Is there seriously no "cute girls doing cute things" anime in the vein of Non Non Biyori or Gochiusa this season?

:laffo:

Not making fun of you, but after the last couple of years it's pretty out there to read a post complaining about a lack of CGDCT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
There's no purely fluff show, but I mean, you can watch a lot of shows this season for cute girls who do things cutely, or just dip into your backlog.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Motto posted:

:laffo:

Not making fun of you, but after the last couple of years it's pretty out there to read a post complaining about a lack of CGDCT.

Some of us like those shows.

Also evidently so do a great number of people in Japan, or the shows wouldn't get made. :v:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Some of us like those shows.

Also evidently so do a great number of people in Japan, or the shows wouldn't get made. :v:

I do too, it's just funny considering all the people that act like every anime season is 90% CGDCT these days.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
If only

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I too feel the lack.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

please take this opportunity to catch up on your cgdct backlog

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
watch aiura

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://d.maxfile.ro/xktmahdgks.webm

only the op

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'm still watching Divine Gate, and it continues to impress with how stupid it is. Aside from the ongoing problem of the ghost kid commenting on everything anyone does with obtuse language - "She seems straight as an arrow, but isn't. She's twisting her subconscious with her conscious" - there was this gem of a moment.

So the main character joins the magic school, and they throw a party over him joining, and he's offered some chicken. He refuses it specifically because it's hot food, and he's never had heated food before in his life.

And then ghost kid comments on it: "I've never eaten anything warm." / "Right, your heart rejects warmth. Because you're afraid that once you understand kindness and comfort, you can't help but yearn for it."

This show is gloriously mindboggling. Just eat the chicken, angst hero.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I too feel the lack.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i guess i do have to watch aiura now, if only to find out what the gently caress is up with the crab motif

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Serious Frolicking posted:

i guess i do have to watch aiura now, if only to find out what the gently caress is up with the crab motif

absolutely nothing.

i think it just takes place somewhere known for crabs or something. watch it though. its a short form show anyway so watching it all isn't even an hour.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Crab is delicious especially when you've scooped out most of the meat from the body so you mix hot white rice with the orange and yellow goop left inside

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

pandaK posted:

Crab is delicious especially when you've scooped out most of the meat from the body so you mix hot white rice with the orange and yellow goop left inside

that sounds like the crab poop still left in there

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

lets hang out posted:

please take this opportunity to catch up on your cgdct backlog
I have no backlog :(

graybook posted:

watch aiura
I watched it as it was airing ・。・b

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Wrong thread.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Gyra_Solune posted:

that sounds like the crab poop still left in there

it's the eggs and pancreas

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

pandaK posted:

psshuuu~

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Small FYI: Active Raid and Haruchika don't have threads yet.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If you absolutely need "cute girls doing cute things" I guess there's Oshiete Gyaruko san I guess?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

active raid is a real mixed bag. i like the workplace/cop comedy parts and love how the office slowly gets infected by a bonzai buddy (even if its probably going to be part of the bad guys evil plan) but the mech fights bore me and the villain is of the worst kind possible, a creepy and perverted genius teen

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Davincie posted:

active raid is a real mixed bag. i like the workplace/cop comedy parts and love how the office slowly gets infected by a bonzai buddy (even if its probably going to be part of the bad guys evil plan) but the mech fights bore me and the villain is of the worst kind possible, a creepy and perverted genius teen

I don't particularly care for the bad guy either (hope we get another one later), but since the mecha are often treated as part of the surrounding joke(s), I think they're okay. That said, I do think better battles will come when they actually need to face more of a challenge. Which might only happen once or twice this season. So far they've been pretty easy.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Ajin: Demi-Human
Polygon Pictures | Seshita, Hiroyuki | Adventure, Horror, Mystery, Seinen, Supernatural | Jan 16, 2016
Ajin are humans that cannot die. Seventeen years ago, they first appeared on a battlefield in Africa. From then on, more of their kind are discovered within the human society. Their rarity in appearance means that, for experimental purposes, the government will generously reward anyone who captures one. In the present day, for what a certain high school student expects to be a typical summer holiday, his life is about to turn unexpected...
Links:
A fansub finally popped up for the first episode of this since it is not streaming anywhere.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

If PSO2 is less about how cool the game is and more of an infomercial on how to play like today, i'll keep watching. Today was about roleplaying and trolling(kind of).

Also I am the construction worker roleplaying a catgirl on PSO2.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

grrarg posted:

A fansub finally popped up for the first episode of this since it is not streaming anywhere.

Is it good?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

This season's top 10 most popular anime according to MAL:
Boku dake ga Inai Machi - 99,848
Musaigen no Phantom World - 75,495
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar - 72,916
Dagashi Kashi - 71,901
Durarara!!x2 Ketsu - 57,364
Gate - 56,921
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu - 54,250
Dimension W - 54,046
Ajin - 49,811
Divine Gate - 47,941

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

This season's top 10 most popular anime according to MAL:
Boku dake ga Inai Machi - 99,848
Musaigen no Phantom World - 75,495
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar - 72,916
Dagashi Kashi - 71,901
Durarara!!x2 Ketsu - 57,364
Gate - 56,921
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu - 54,250
Dimension W - 54,046
Ajin - 49,811
Divine Gate - 47,941

Well, at least Boku Dake/Erased deserves its top spot. Surprised Grimgar's doing so well - it's a quality show, but it's much more quiet and contemplative than most fantasy anime that manage to become big hits.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's really cool how popular Erased is.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'd make a sad post about how Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū isn't as popular but I'm just happy it's getting made.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Huh, do people actually like Phantom World that much or is it just kind of a "I'll give kyoani the benefit of the doubt" kind of thing?

I like that Grimgar is up there but I have a sinking suspicion it's going to turn to crap.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Agronox posted:

Huh, do people actually like Phantom World that much or is it just kind of a "I'll give kyoani the benefit of the doubt" kind of thing?

Apparently the members count is just a statistic indicating how many members added that show to their list in any state, so all it means is that KyoAni is a popular studio making titles that people are willing to check out, I guess.

More interesting is the fact that BokuMachi has somehow already showed up as #14 in the ranking of all-time best TV series. After three episodes.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Agronox posted:

I like that Grimgar is up there but I have a sinking suspicion it's going to turn to crap.

i don't think it would have grabbed as big an audience without KyoAni behind it, but it's still a perfectly fine, humorous and sweet show. I'd rather watch it over the other LN stuff some people are posting about itt (Divine Gate/L&L)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Davincie posted:

and the villain is of the worst kind possible, a creepy and perverted genius teen

Yeah, that was probably 75% of why I dropped it. :(

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Ajin was good, and I think the story has me on board for the whole season. The CG character animation is not as good as the short cuts in the PV made it look, but it is better than Sidonia. Not surprising since it is from the same studio, and that also explains why it was not picked up by Crunchyroll or Funimation. Netflix picked it up and will release all the episodes at once after the season finishes airing in Japan.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Hmm, maybe I'll check it out. It's a bit strange that Netflix isn't releaseing it episode by episode...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Netflix releases everything all at once.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

grrarg posted:

Ajin was good, and I think the story has me on board for the whole season. The CG character animation is not as good as the short cuts in the PV made it look, but it is better than Sidonia. Not surprising since it is from the same studio, and that also explains why it was not picked up by Crunchyroll or Funimation. Netflix picked it up and will release all the episodes at once after the season finishes airing in Japan.

I haven't watched the first episode of Ajin so I don't know how far it goes, but I should warn you the manga nosedives pretty hard like 5-6 chapters in. If you still like it by episode 3 than more power to you though.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So what is fun and actiony this season? Or just good and fun and not slice of life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

So what is fun and actiony this season? Or just good and fun and not slice of life

Dimension W

• Locked thread