Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

mr. stefan posted:

Evangelion is, metaphorically, the story of a kid growing up with the sadbrains and having the incredible responsibility of adulthood thrust upon him that he can't escape.

EoE is when that kid snaps and becomes a school shooter.

EoE is more akin to metanoia I think : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metanoia_(psychology)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Midjack posted:

Sadly work frowns on cameras in this particular area so you will remain forever unconvinced. :smith:

are you a spook

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He works for NERV

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
So were you the guy with the flamethrower, or were you the guy who says, "hit them again"?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

In Training posted:

are you a spook

:spooky::ghost::spooky:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Shot Context:

The Hudsucker Proxy (1994)

Evangelion:3.33 You Can (Not) Redo (2012)

Paul Newman was Gendo this whole time.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Raxivace posted:

Shot Context:

The Hudsucker Proxy (1994)

Evangelion:3.33 You Can (Not) Redo (2012)

I love these.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Raxivace posted:

"Failure to communicate" describes most character relationships in Eva quite well.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Isn't that more like that government guy in EoE who has the big pendulum and talks to the woman about nuking the gently caress out of tokyo 3?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

SHISHKABOB posted:

Isn't that more like that government guy in EoE who has the big pendulum and talks to the woman about nuking the gently caress out of tokyo 3?

To be honest it's been too long since I've seen EoE to remember that in much detail off of the top of my head. Do you have a screengrap or clip for comparison?

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Thanks for that. That's really interesting.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

I love that shot so much, but then again I love every single scene in EoE...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I could never work out if it was a huge clock or just very close to the camera.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sakurazuka posted:

I could never work out if it was a huge clock or just very close to the camera.

I so desperately want it to be a gigantic clock. Dude built a Super Mario 64 level in his office.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
"Humanity is probably the only creature capable of hating its own kind" :geno:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Leroy Dennui posted:

"Humanity is probably the only creature capable of hating its own kind" :geno:

I liked the delivery of that line. The character is an example of the dispassionate actions of the subordinates of the figures of power in the hierarchical power structure.

The army guys who attack nerv, Rei, Ritsuko to an extent, Shinji to an extent, the mass production evas.

There are characters who are not that way and feel a strain against what they feel is expected of them and their own desires. This manifests itself in Ritsuko, Rei and Shinji, but it exists more commonly in Misato, Asuka, Kaji, for example.

There's a very brief and extremely easy to miss shot of one of the MP evas landing on and crushing a soldier attempting to carry another wounded soldier. This symbol of love is smashed by the symbol of obedience. The soldiers were before shown as dispassionate murderers following orders from their masters, but when they turn against that they are destroyed by others in their same place.

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012

well

see you guys in the rei juice

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finally

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

*watches an anthropomorphic pack of doritos float gently towards him while a single tear run down his cheek*

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jostiband posted:

*watches an anthropomorphic pack of doritos float gently towards him while a single tear run down his cheek*

Rip, goon sir

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wait what?!

http://shop.funimation.com/You-Can-...tm_nooverride=1

Look at the release date.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

They announced February 2016 a few months ago, but I won't believe it till I see it.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
If the Eva pilots don't age does that mean they won't die from "old age"? That gives an interesting "literal" side to the interpretation of the 3 kids. Or uh 1 kid, an adult, and clone person with no memory but the soul has been around for a while?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh yeah I got really messed up on shrooms and watched 3.0 without any subs, just japanese audio speaking a moon language at me.

Made exactly as much sense as the sober subs first watch. Highly recommended.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Imma do this with EoE, but not during the simulwatch because I kind of want to be able to talk about it maybe.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I watched EoE on a bunch of painkillers once and felt like I was part of the LCL.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Yo whats the source on all those? Good art.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Zeruel posted:

Yo whats the source on all those? Good art.
http://maddigzlz.tumblr.com

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I just got an e-mail from Amazon confirming that my 3.33 blu-ray is finally being shipped.

I placed the order on August 15th, 2014.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Raxivace posted:

I just got an e-mail from Amazon confirming that my 3.33 blu-ray is finally being shipped.

Mine shipped, too. Holy poo poo, it's actually happening!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Raxivace posted:

End of an era, really. I'm going to miss having it there in my open orders list on Amazon, just taunting me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Whoa same. Awesome!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Sure, this is all well and good, but now the endless waiting for 4.0 (or 3.0+1.0 or whatever) begins.
This drat Rebuild project will never end!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

JazzFlight posted:

Sure, this is all well and good, but now the endless waiting for 4.0 (or 3.0 + 1.0 or whatever) begins.
This drat Rebuild project will never end!

The Rebuild of Rebuild of Evangelion. With Anno dying before the final movie comes out so we never get to see how it ends.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A Rebuild of Rebuild style project would probably be cool and I wouldn't be surprised if he revisits NGE again a decade or two down the line since it's such a life consuming work for Anno.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol