Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

I haven't read the IBO thread for about 800 posts because I wasn't current and I'm probably not the only one so it's kinda lovely to pop into the season thread and find a bunch of posts about IBO when it has it's own thread.

sorry :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i stopped watching when they went to space

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

i stopped watching when they went to space

U missed the best charicters

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also the context for this gif

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i love how confused mika looks

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Gyra_Solune posted:

i love how mika the babies look

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Osomatsu is still great by the way. Today's episode was a pretty good Mad Max parody.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

It was also really gay.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Gyra_Solune posted:

He doesn't know where babies come from.

I mean, he knows where babies in general come from, because Orga told him about it. But he doesn't know where those babies come from because storks can't surive in outer space.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Funimation's home video and streaming rights to Baccano are expiring on the 8th.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

Funimation's home video and streaming rights to Baccano are expiring on the 8th.

Good. I'd love a new BD release, since Aniplex USA's went out of print ages ago. A stream encode that isn't trash (assuming Funimation doesn't renew their rights) would be nice too. The old Funi Baccano DVDs are also very bad.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 26, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be nice if Funi made any inkling as to what they're going to be doing with the Haruhi and Lucky Star licenses.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Killer Queen posted:

Good. I'd love a new BD release, since Aniplex USA's went out of print ages ago. A stream encode that isn't trash (assuming Funimation doesn't renew their rights) would be nice too.

Aniplex is not in any hurry to either re-license or re-release the show though. Just like with a lot of their older titles.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I've been meaning to watch Baccano, is fund's release really that awful?

Who did the translation? Aniplex translated monogatari at home AFAIK, did they let funi do Baccano for themselves?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I can't imagine it's so bad as to not make Baccano!, one of the best anime shows made in the past decade or whatever, not worth watching.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Kytrarewn posted:

I've been meaning to watch Baccano, is fund's release really that awful?

Who did the translation? Aniplex translated monogatari at home AFAIK, did they let funi do Baccano for themselves?

No, it isn't all that bad.

The show is perfectly watchable even on DVD as it stands (unless you have problems with the format itself). The dub was also pretty good.

Funimation licensed Baccano! at a time when Aniplex wasn't really doing too much with their own properties. They did keep the BD rights though.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Baccano dub was super solid imo. Show owns.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I just started watching it recently. Having a hard time taking these names seriously. :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Agronox posted:

I just started watching it recently. Having a hard time taking these names seriously. :(

Jacuzzi Splot is real and he is my friend and he is the best character in the show.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Agronox posted:

nice holystone rules, and is my friend

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i am the Rail Tracer

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i am the Rail Tracer

hello rail tracer

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

what stinks about baccano is that there are like 20+ novels that we will never get to read.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is Heavy Object a secret harem anime?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

Is Heavy Object a secret harem anime?

I think you're the only one watching it. Only you know the answer.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Can't wait to take a nice trip on the Flying... Pussyfoot?!?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Jacuzzi Splot is real and he is my friend and he is the best character in the show.

Jacuzzi is my boyfriend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agronox posted:

Can't wait to take a nice trip on the Flying... Pussyfoot?!?

Za Frying Pussyfutto

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

what stinks about baccano is that there are like 20+ novels that we will never get to read.
Yen Press or somebody is actually working on translating them.

Shame we'll never get to see any of it animated though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The story cannot have an ending.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I kinda stalled out at the prison books. I didn't really like any of the characters involved.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Strange Quark posted:

The story cannot have an ending.

The ending is Isaac and Miria, on a spaceship, watching obliviously as the sun expands and consumes the Earth as a minor key version of Guns and Roses plays.

It's very cute

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The cute girl kisses me, namtab

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Namtab posted:

The cute girl kisses me, namtab

poor naive namtab

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think you're the only one watching it. Only you know the answer.

I'm still watching it, and I wouldn't call it a harem. There's love triangle elements, sure, but a love triangle does not a harem make.

Bad Seafood posted:

I find myself more annoyed by the books that even fan-translators refuse to translate. A great example of this is Inou Battle. I really want to find out what happens, but due to the way that the author fucks around with alternate kanji readings and fourth definitions for a lot of the words (loving chuunis), nobody's willing to even put down a plot synopsis.

Similarly, we've seen the last of Nyaruko with Miyu Matsuki's death, because literally everything in the books is a cultural reference of some form or another, and nobody can be bothered to write up five pages of translation notes per page of text.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its not like nyaruko has a great plot or anything. the couple got together, what else could there even be to a harem show but more cthulhu jokes

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

volume 1 is out may 2016. i cant wait until june of 2030 when the second volume is released

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Davincie posted:

its not like nyaruko has a great plot or anything. the couple got together, what else could there even be to a harem show but more cthulhu jokes

Another good op.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training posted:

It would be nice if Funi made any inkling as to what they're going to be doing with the Haruhi and Lucky Star licenses.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

At a press conference in Paris, the author of Akira said that a TV adaptation is "under study."

• Locked thread