Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the last time I wore glasses was when I was still in school and was a massive social outcast nerd so I had real no frills boring glasses so that I wouldn't stand out. But now that I have grown confident thanks to anime, I think I'm ready to try on some cool pairs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Blhue posted:

i have some nice prescription oakleys but i can't wear them anymore because i've changed my prescription since then. i'd like new ones but they're expensive.

You don't have to buy new frames every time you get a new lens! I bought two pairs of oakleys like 2 years ago and I've gotten new lenses in them for nowhere near as much as I payed the first time

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

El Burbo posted:

very well

Beholder-chan?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My glasses have those transisitons lenses that become sunglasses when it's bright out. It's so great.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
When I finally get around to replacing my current glasses I'm gonna spring for some prescription sunglasses. I always wanted some in the past but my prescription changed so frequently it was too expensive to buy glasses + sunglasses every year but it's slowed down enough I can probably do it now.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

funny story, i've been watching shirobako all day

Good!

Dryzen posted:

replace my eyeballs with cameras so i don't have to worry about them anymore

:same:

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

El Burbo posted:

very well

I somehow didn't see this but anime eyes are......... not as bad

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

not going to gently caress the eyeball though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Senerio posted:

My glasses have those transisitons lenses that become sunglasses when it's bright out. It's so great.
yeah, but then you look like an rear end in a top hat if you're somewhere sunglasses are inappropriate, like a funeral

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

FirstAidKite posted:

im just not into one-eyed girls, burbo

Kite racist against girls with eyepatches.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I can't find a picture of Mikuru with the tiny contact lens on her finger. :(

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

my eyes have been pure water for the past like 30 minutes now thanks a lot eyeball chat

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dang, Dimension W ended on a cliffhanger :(

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Un Chien Andalou Eyeball Scene.gif
E:
Don't google that if you don't know, sensitive eyeball-havers.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am glad of my near perfect vision. I have glasses with a very tiny correction that I'm supposed to wear if I'm doing close distance stuff for a long time to avoid minor headaches.

I don't think I could stomach putting in contacts.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

Kite racist against girls with eyepatches.

thats not racism thats ableism get it right

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Now it's time to watch IBO, Dimension W, and Skullhell Grimgar

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

a kitten posted:

E:

it's ok, it's not a human eyeball

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
oh thought of one other reason to keep a few packs of contacts around even though I hate them

My current pair of glasses is the only pair I have ever picked out for myself, because I had some contacts on and could see enough to try them on. Before that I'd have to go with someone and get help picking out frames and just trust that they picked something that looked OK.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
i shoulda watched my saturday shows yesterday. now i have like 7 things to watch today and just don't feel like it because that's so many things to watch.

waaaaah.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Parallax posted:

it's ok, it's not a human eyeball

Got me a movie
Ah ha ha ho

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Everything Burrito posted:

oh thought of one other reason to keep a few packs of contacts around even though I hate them

My current pair of glasses is the only pair I have ever picked out for myself, because I had some contacts on and could see enough to try them on. Before that I'd have to go with someone and get help picking out frames and just trust that they picked something that looked OK.
phone cameras have solved this problem, cause you can take a picture of your stupid face

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

a kitten posted:

E:

lol we watched this clip with no warning in a filmography class and like half the class complained afterwards

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

homeless snail posted:

phone cameras have solved this problem, cause you can take a picture of your stupid face

true, back then I didn't have a phone with a camera though. I've had this pair about 5 years and the pair before that probably longer so it's been a while since I had to do the helper thing. Just being able to put them on and SEE what they looked like was a huge novelty at the time though.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

pandaK posted:

lol we watched this clip with no warning in a filmography class and like half the class complained afterwards
It was an eye from a dead cow, I think.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Those are some pretty decent glasses.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Why are all the aircraft carriers so cute in KanColle? It's quite baffling.

If I had to rank them, Wo-class > Akagi > Kaga > Shoukaku > Zuikaku

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

whats this

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Skwee posted:

whats this

grimgar of ash and fantasy

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Moguzo :kimchi:
i'm glad Grimgar is treating my bf well. heck, Ranta is doing pretty well even.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

Now it's time to watch IBO, Dimension W, and Skullhell Grimgar

S K U L L H E L L

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't like goblins anymore

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

im just not into one-eyed girls, burbo

your loss

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

and technically speaking, the beholder monster girl has much more than one eye

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Contacts were cool for the two years I had them before my eyes just didn't like them anymore

I felt real sorry for the lady at the optometrist who had to teach me how to put them in. My eyes kept tearing up and she couldn't leave until I did it once on my one. Poor girl was there like an hour after closing lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

i don't like goblins anymore

They keep advertising spin off works about the goblins and I'm like, no they're assholes stop that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

• Locked thread