Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I regret ordering Cyber Sleuth from amazon. Normally they're good about this poo poo but mine just keeps getting delayed and now I have to wait until monday at the earliest to get it.

So while I'm waiting, could anyone clarify the DLC poo poo for me? I have a code for the recolor pack but I think I read online about extra missions or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The extra missions are either separate DLC or included in the current DLC, but are inaccessible due to a bug. It's unclear for now.

What we KNOW the DLC includes is:
- BlackAgumon and their evolved forms
- Agumon costumes for the male and female player characters as well as a Taichi costume
- Cherubimon Virus and Beelzebumon Blast Mode as evolutions
- four vita themes

however, this is currently pre-order only or if you buy it digitally in the first month.

It's unclear if the Demon Lord Missions DLC is included in this or not, and is inaccessible due to a widespread bug, or if they're selling it on its own later.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Thanks, I got the PS4 version so I won't get the vita themes I guess. Oh one more question, is milleniummon in this game? He's my favorite digimon and I'm a nerd who wants to make my favorite team.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

No, no forms of Millenniumon are in this game.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Sad. I hear it has the black Omnimon though so thats cool. At least I can have a million omnimons.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I got the PS4 version in Amazon, supposedly included the bonus DLC but it doesnt has a code or anything. Am I hosed?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

A video with every Digimon in the game, so you can know whether someone is in or not (or just want to watch some cool animations):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzpQAE2Tn5o

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I got the PS4 version in Amazon, supposedly included the bonus DLC but it doesnt has a code or anything. Am I hosed?

They emailed me my code.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Keep in mind, you only get it if you pre-ordered.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I'll look into this game when they inevitably release the DLC to the wider audience. I know that sounds petty, but I basically never spend more than $35 on a game anyway and gently caress that poo poo. With a licensed game, and especially with a Bandai licensed game since I played a lot of those in the SNES/PS1 era, I need some sort of assurances that it's not garbage.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Craptacular! posted:

I need some sort of assurances that it's not garbage.

Not that it's any assurance at all given the standards of nerds, but it only got released because fans wanted it so hard they rallied until the company gave in to the allure of potential profit.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Craptacular! posted:

I'll look into this game when they inevitably release the DLC to the wider audience. I know that sounds petty, but I basically never spend more than $35 on a game anyway and gently caress that poo poo. With a licensed game, and especially with a Bandai licensed game since I played a lot of those in the SNES/PS1 era, I need some sort of assurances that it's not garbage.

It's pretty solid, quite a few translation issues but nothing that breaks the game. There's more than a bit of grinding but that's a Digimon Story game.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

it's a very good game, if you liked Digimon Dawn/Dusk it's p much the same as those games. The only gripe i have is that it has no english voice acting and that's incredibly minor considering it getting released outside Japan in the first place was so unlikely

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I actually really really like this game so far. I'm on chapter 5 and I have a question and a hope.

First, I really hope it turns out Jimiken is Etemon. If not that's a wasted opportunity.

Second, does this game ever get harder? Because I haven't even come close to losing a single fight, only time I've ever even had a character knocked out is when I have a low level champion that i'm trying to get some XP for. I'm really hoping for a rise in the challenge.

Other than that, a great classic JRPG with monster collection. Sometimes that's all it takes.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So my copy came earlier than expected and I've finally gotten to play it. Does the game run like rear end for anyone else or am I doing something wrong? The gameplay is fine but every cutscene and FMV the frame rate just tanks and stutters.
EDIT: the lack of camera control throws me for a loop too, that's not really a complaint though, just a weird choice.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Feb 7, 2016

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

What do I need to play this game? Like, what's the minimum investment in consoles I would have to put down?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Moriatti posted:

What do I need to play this game? Like, what's the minimum investment in consoles I would have to put down?

Vita and an internet connection

OR

PS4 and the psychical game

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
It also works on Vita TV, which is way cheaper than an actual Vita.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.

zimbomonkey posted:

Second, does this game ever get harder? Because I haven't even come close to losing a single fight, only time I've ever even had a character knocked out is when I have a low level champion that i'm trying to get some XP for. I'm really hoping for a rise in the challenge.

People consistently have reviewed this game as pretty easy, but they added a difficulty setting in the options menu for the localization. You can choose between normal and hard.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I wish there was a happy medium between normal and hard. Hard mode just makes boss fights tedious and unfun.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

siotle posted:

People consistently have reviewed this game as pretty easy, but they added a difficulty setting in the options menu for the localization. You can choose between normal and hard.

Dusk/Dawn and Digimon World DS were crazy easy too though. It follows in their footsteps so it being easy was to be somewhat expected. They tried putting a limit on your party this time around but after a brief bit of grinding I have a team of baby digmon that are consistently hitting for over 100 damage and I haven't even progressed past the first part of the game. :( Tsunomon is way too rare an encounter in that dungeon

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 8, 2016

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

New DLC is available. Comes with three new missions, so it looks like they're gonna be steadily rolling that out over the weeks.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

New DLC is available. Comes with three new missions, so it looks like they're gonna be steadily rolling that out over the weeks.

Free or do we have to pay?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TFRazorsaw posted:

It is? The webstore just shows the launch bundle.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

http://www.digimonworld.org/2016/02/first-cyber-sleuth-mission-pack-on-psn.html

s'what it says.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And is up now. The mission is free so go get it everyone!

KoB
May 1, 2009
Finally got my Wormmon enough SPD to turn him into Stingmon and then Paildramon. Also got Metalgreymon and Im only like 2 levels from MagnaAngemmon. Game is cool.

Gotta start working on my Garurumon so I can get Omnimon one day.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

KoB posted:

Gotta start working on my Garurumon so I can get Omnimon one day.
Tsunomon and Koromon were some of the first dudes I got, except koromon didn't have enough friendship or whatever to become greymon so I had to put them both down different evolution lines for now because I'll be damned if I'm not getting them up to the right stages at the same time! I'm still kind of disappointed this game doesn't have some of the cooler digimon in it like apocalymon though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want Ranamon.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So the more I play this the more I wish they'd just imported the dusk and dawn system of things over. The variety in attacks is really limited so aside from support skills, there's not really any reason to not just use the signature skills. The fact that every digimon has hard stat caps now just means that a lot of digimon are flat out inferior to others. Even Omnimon is generally worse than the Wargreymon needed to make him because Wargreymon has an attack that ignores the enemy's defense. It also makes it really hard to simply evolve some digimon because they'll never reach the stats needed to evolve unless you give them specific personalities and train them on the farm for a few hours.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The first five minutes for tri: Determination are up. Needless to say, it contains spoilers about the movie.

Apparently the Kaiser really was Ken all along, who knew.

We also got a new PV for Determination. Junya Ikeda sure can shout when he wants to.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 11, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So has tri ended or is it still going? I've been meaning to watch it but I didn't realize it had actually started airing until recently because I don't pay attention to things. So I might as well wait until I can binge it all.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Nuebot posted:

So has tri ended or is it still going? I've been meaning to watch it but I didn't realize it had actually started airing until recently because I don't pay attention to things. So I might as well wait until I can binge it all.

Only the first movie of tri has been released so far. There's still 4 or 5 left to come.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

jivjov posted:

Only the first movie of tri has been released so far. There's still 4 or 5 left to come.

Oh so its movies. I thought it was a regular series. Neat, I'll have to get on that then.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Leomon's totally gonna die again.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Nuebot posted:

Oh so its movies. I thought it was a regular series. Neat, I'll have to get on that then.

Yeah, the English subbed Crunchyroll release is split up into multiple episodes for...some reason. But the original Japanese release is a series of movies.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Rhonne posted:

Leomon's totally gonna die again.

That barely qualifies as a prediction. It's like saying one kid will wear goggles or Seraphimon will be disappointing.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Geostomp posted:

That barely qualifies as a prediction. It's like saying one kid will wear goggles or Seraphimon will be disappointing.

In fairness, both Leomon dying and the goggles thing have been subverted at one point each. And considering the third movie is entirely about Takeru, we can guess that we'll have our exception to Seraphimon being disappointing too.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/digimon-world-next-order-third-trailer-gameplay

Next Order is literally an improved Digimon World :allears:

And it seems the OST for DW is a preorder bonus :dance:

Next Order looks like way more of a sell for me than Cyber Sleuth. Now to own a Vita and learn Japanese.

I'm sure it's been shared here a thousand times but can we just marvel at Kouji Wada trying his damndest to sing his heart out while he's afflicted with cancer? Even growing up with next to zero knowledge of the Japanese show, this song still manages to personify Digimon in a really beautiful way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XTNlIIy-O4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finally got me a friggin Impmon, time to digivolve him to the top.