Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Lime juice, cilantro (btw don't Americans call it coriander? I am confused), salt, pepper and chopped onions. Sounds good to me idk.

Though personally I think an avocado egg salad is a much better dip/spread than guacamole is, both are good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Lime juice, cilantro (btw don't Americans call it coriander? I am confused), salt, pepper and chopped onions. Sounds good to me idk.

Though personally I think an avocado egg salad is a much better dip/spread than guacamole is, both are good though.

coriander is the plant, cilantro is the leaves.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Let's all post our guac recipes!

2 or 3 avocados
1 diced red onion
1 diced jalapeno (keep the seeds in you pussy)
1/2 diced habanero (I'll under stand if you take the seeds out, but leave them in you pussy)
1 diced glove of garlic
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 bunch of cilantro
squirt of half a lime

If my mom is coming over though leave out the lime and the habanero. She doesn't like it, and you will never be my real dad!

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Tomatoes are Mexican so, yes, put that poo poo in your guac you goddamned heathens. Also cumin, cilantro and some kind of spicy pepper.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
~~Easy, simple & tart Guac~~

1 Avocado
Cilantro
1-2 small limes
1 Tomatillo

Skin and pit the Avocado, place in bowl.

Chop up Cilantro, mix in with avocado.

Juice limes, add juice to mixture.

Chop up tomatillo finely, add to mixture.

Mix together until smooth consistency, serve with Mexican food of your choice.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't make the Guac here, but I do make the fruit salad:

1 Watermelon
2 cucumbers
1 pineapple
1 Jicama
2 mangoes
salt + ancho chili powder to taste ( I use cayenne sometimes )
squeeze lime on top

I like coconut slices in it too, but gently caress that is too much work for me.

TommyGun85 posted:

coriander is the plant, cilantro is the leaves.

The secretary at our old office was a young thing from the midwest, and when buying supplies for an office party asked where she could buy Guac's so she could make Guacamole.... She didn't know it was made using avocados.

kcroy fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 12, 2016

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

P_T_S posted:

Tomatoes!? No jalapeño?! FOUR CLOVES OF GARLIC!?

Truly, he is an absolute fucker.

This is MY guac recipe and I am going to cut you.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Every time I see coriander it's some kind of little brown unpopped popcorn kernel and every time I see cilantro it's chopped green leaves. The people who hate cilantro, it tastes like industrial dish soap - does that apply too, to coriander? I hated cilantro and assumed I was the kind who couldn't eat it, but I put coriander in all my lamb koftas. It's great. It would be cool to find out I was a psychosomatic food allergy faker because of the ASoIaF thread.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Krinkle posted:

Every time I see coriander it's some kind of little brown unpopped popcorn kernel and every time I see cilantro it's chopped green leaves. The people who hate cilantro, it tastes like industrial dish soap - does that apply too, to coriander? I hated cilantro and assumed I was the kind who couldn't eat it, but I put coriander in all my lamb koftas. It's great. It would be cool to find out I was a psychosomatic food allergy faker because of the ASoIaF thread.

It is the chemicals in the leaves that people are averse to, not the seeds.
http://www.nature.com/news/soapy-taste-of-coriander-linked-to-genetic-variants-1.11398

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Malpais Legate posted:

I looked at the Patrick Rothfuss thread and I seriously don't understand how that is an acceptable back of book blurb. What the poo poo did I just read?

Could you link what you're specifically talking about here?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
hi i finally finished these books after getting them like four years ago

pretty good books

the current discussion seems to be about guacamole though and i do not know how that happened

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Jewel Repetition posted:

Could you link what you're specifically talking about here?

The part of the OP that literally says "the back of the book."

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gyra_Solune posted:

pretty good books

the current discussion seems to be about guacamole though and i do not know how that happened

You want to get the archive enabled, and then find the first version of this thread. Then get caught up!

If you have questions or want to discuss something, people here can certainly do that though!

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

kcroy posted:

You want to get the archive enabled, and then find the first version of this thread. Then get caught up!

If you have questions or want to discuss something, people here can certainly do that though!

i think not considering most of the OP is 'this used to be thousands upon thousands of posts of bad' XP

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

kcroy posted:

I am actually doing this and I recommend it, I'm not joking. It's hilarious.

It's a lot less livelier here than it used to be.

Does anyone check Martin's blog anymore? Whenever the thread would die down in the old days, Martin would post something that would piss everyone the hell off. For example, when the book was 4 years late, Martin posted 6,500 words of a character battle fanfic. http://grrm.livejournal.com/147038.html Haha, I forgot about that. Or Martin would talk about how excited he was that Tazmin Merchant was going to play Dany because he enjoyed her sex scenes.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gyra_Solune posted:

i think not considering most of the OP is 'this used to be thousands upon thousands of posts of bad' XP

Well, I'll give you the summary then:

1) Ned Dies, and Arya Goes Blind
2) You won't ever read another book in this series, because GRRM will die first
3) Tyrion is a Targaryen
4) GRRM is a thinly disguised pedophile, and fat, and an absolute fucker
5) R+L=J+M
6) Meanwhile back at the wall...
7) While waiting for the next book, you might want to read some of GRRM's other work - most notably WILDCARDS. They are turning it into a tv show and maybe a movie.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

The gently caress puts cucumbers in a fruit salad go gently caress yourselffffff.

Also my guac recipe is a hybrid of posted. Considering I used to not like avocado I really enjoy this:

1 ballbag
1-2 tomatillo, finely chopped
a few cloves crushed garlic
half the size of the green wrinkled sack in chopped tomato
some crushed, dried chili pepper
cayenne, lime, salt, and pepper to taste

Mash poo poo together.

If I could find decent fresh jalapeno around here I would use it more. I consider it a great day when they stock firm tomatillos as it is.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Gyra_Solune posted:

You just read Dance. Reading all the Bad Threads back-to-back should be a welcome relief.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

kcroy posted:

Well, I'll give you the summary then:

1) Ned Dies, and Arya Goes Blind
2) You won't ever read another book in this series, because GRRM will die first
3) Tyrion is a Targaryen
4) GRRM is a thinly disguised pedophile, and fat, and an absolute fucker
5) R+L=J+M
6) Meanwhile back at the wall...
7) While waiting for the next book, you might want to read some of GRRM's other work - most notably WILDCARDS. They are turning it into a tv show and maybe a movie.

... Melisandre? What does M stand for? Pretty sure she's a million years old and nothing but dust inside.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Meera (?), that crannog girl with Bran.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I can't eat cilantro, it tastes like soap.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Gyra_Solune posted:

pretty good books

ADWD sucked out loud. Speaking of words and wind:

Beans in chili. Yes or no?

mctesticle
Sep 28, 2004
Beans in chili?

No. A thousand times no.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

mctesticle posted:

Beans in chili?

No. A thousand times no.

mctesticle posted:

Beans in chili?

No. A thousand times no.

mctesticle posted:

Beans in chili?

No. A thousand times no.

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011

Krinkle posted:

... Melisandre? What does M stand for? Pretty sure she's a million years old and nothing but dust inside.

Dat rear end tho

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

mctesticle posted:

Beans in chili?

No. A thousand times no.

You piece of poo poo. Without beans, that's a loving bolognese sauce.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

What they said.

When does the show come back?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Malpais Legate posted:

The part of the OP that literally says "the back of the book."

I just read it and lol

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The best chili has smoked bacon, beef and beans, and is served with a corn product like fritos or cornbread.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

If you put beans in chili you probably enjoyed the last season of GoT.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Because you have no taste.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Counterpoint, I actually like having food in my chili that isn't just meat, so eat balls. Also, I like ground pork much more. Flavour town!

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Beans in chili is fine if you're extras in The Hills Have Eyes from West Virginia. But if you're aristocratic ranchers from Texas you should make real chili without poor people filler because you can afford to do right.

Do you poors put sawdust in your bread, too?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Slithery D posted:

Beans in chili is fine if you're extras in The Hills Have Eyes from West Virginia. But if you're aristocratic ranchers from Texas you should make real chili without poor people filler because you can afford to do right.

Do you poors put sawdust in your bread, too?

Try looking into rates of colorectal cancer in Tejas and then your southern neighbors.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
Poor/cowardly, both are ok reasons for beans I guess.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

SaviourX posted:

Counterpoint, I actually like having food in my chili that isn't just meat, so eat balls.

Pretty sure that's a type of meat.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lol if you don't think beans are delicious and just put them in loving everything anyways

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Jewel Repetition posted:

The best chili has smoked bacon, beef and beans, and is served with a corn product like fritos or cornbread.

Word.

Pioneer Woman's Cornbread

1 cup Yellow Cornmeal
1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 cup Buttermilk
1/2 cup Milk
1 whole Egg
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 cup Shortening
2 Tablespoons Shortening

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Stir together.

Measure the buttermilk and milk in a measuring cup and add the egg. Stir together with a fork. Add the baking soda and stir.

Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir with a fork until combined.

In a small bowl, melt 1/4 shortening. Slowly add melted shortening to the batter, stirring until just combined. In an iron skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons shortening over medium heat. Pour the batter into the hot skillet. Spread to even out the surface. (Batter should sizzle.)

Cook on stovetop for 1 minute, then bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.

Jorge Ricardo Ramon Martinez is an Absolute Fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Blind Sally posted:

lol if you don't think beans are delicious and just put them in loving everything anyways

Ah yes, nothing like a bean and Oreo salad. You sick gently caress.