Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That parody manga is canon as far as I'm concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
was it translated into english?

edit: someone in another thread said that kengan ashua is a baki knock off and its not as good as baki but i think people who read baki might like it

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
New chappies of the Scarface spinoff. lmao.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose posted:

was it translated into english?

edit: someone in another thread said that kengan ashua is a baki knock off and its not as good as baki but i think people who read baki might like it

The best Baki knockoff is Tough!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol the Aikido old man is gonna gently caress up Musashi

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

New chappies of the Scarface spinoff. lmao.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I love how Musashi doesn't just no-sell everything.

Things actually gently caress him up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The best Baki knockoff is Tough!

neither are baki knock offs but both are good imo

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Who said Hanayama is the best? Coz he's the best

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Baki Dou Chapter 98 (RAW) is out!

Pickle is such a considerate guy. First, he saved all those civilians from a modern day dinosaur. Second, he decided to put on some pants.
Now that's character progression if I've ever seen it.

Itagaki's still got it. What a great chapter.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

haha that's pretty random. I'm happy for pickle managing his diet

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Baki Dou Chapter 99 is out!

A friendly reminder on how Baki physics work:

If a Caveman gets hungry enough, he can transform a crocodile monster into a delicious toothpaste.

Oh, and it looks like Musashi vs. Pickle is happening, too. That should be fun.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so spinyback are up to chapter 79 but i don't think i actually need to understand japanese to read baki. Is there an easy place to read raws that let me know what chapter i'm on and its a decent manga reader?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Well, I've been "reading" the manga for months without translations. It's sort of like simple picture stories, featuring muscle men with facial abs.

Thankfully, Itagaki makes things easier, since exaggerated body language and facial expressions make up the vast majority of his art style. Although, reading his eye-witness accounts of civilians who get wrapped up into the encounters is always good for a laugh.

If you're looking for easy navigation, this site has all the Baki Dou RAWs up to Chapter 101. You can try the other site I linked earlier, but it's a bit harder to navigate.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 25, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao jesus chrsit!!!! :wtc: :nws: :nms:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

whats that from?

Thoren
May 28, 2008
You guys are making waiting for the translations very difficult.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
That's from an old old Gaia short, I wanna say back during Son of Ogre. And yes it's metal as gently caress.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the old "hide inside your enemy's rear end in a top hat" trick

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Thoren posted:

You guys are making waiting for the translations very difficult.

You can read that spoiler, it's translated and has no impact on the current story.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

lmao jesus chrsit!!!! :wtc: :nws: :nms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7T0soHRk-A

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Gaia is actually the "DC 80 Escape Artist check" joke/meme from D&D :stonk:

Thoren
May 28, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

You can read that spoiler, it's translated and has no impact on the current story.

That was amazing.

I always thought Gaia was a stupid character but I could read more of this.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

The strong are the beautiful !! All BAKI Wants Is To Win!

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

SpinyBack recently released English translations of Baki Dou (Chapters 80 and 81)
I'm interested to read what you guys think about the upcoming fight.... Musashi vs. Yujiro!

Thoren
May 28, 2008
82 is up.

Yujiro is a goddamn beast. I love how Musashi isn't phased by anything.

This fight is going to be such a cop-out though.

But, somehow, Baki non-fights are always a complete pleasure to read.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

The warrior spirit so deep that it gave a baby warrior dominating conquest instincts

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Thoren posted:

Yujiro is a goddamn beast. I love how Musashi isn't phased by anything.
This fight is going to be such a cop-out though.

Very true.

Fight results (big time spoilers):
We only get to see the "teaser" version of Yujiro vs. Musashi, since Motobe swoops in and decides to screw everything up. That whole scenario has to be one of the laziest examples of writing I can think of. Motobe literally appears from out of nowhere and intervenes at just the right time. You could make the argument that the author wrote himself into a corner, and needed a quick solution to fix everything. The Unstoppable Force (Musashi) and the Immovable Object (Yujiro) came face to face for a mega-brawl, but the author didn't know what direction to take with their fight, so he dissolved it.

The popularity of his manga already seems to be pretty hit-or-miss on the forums, so I'm very curious what the responses will be.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 14, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I already know that the Ogre can't lose.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Jedah posted:

Very true.

Fight results (big time spoilers):
We only get to see the "teaser" version of Yujiro vs. Musashi, since Motobe swoops in and decides to screw everything up. That whole scenario has to be one of the laziest examples of writing I can think of. Motobe literally appears from out of nowhere and intervenes at just the right time. You could make the argument that the author wrote himself into a corner, and needed a quick solution to fix everything. The Unstoppable Force (Musashi) and the Immovable Object (Yujiro) came face to face for a mega-brawl, but the author didn't know what direction to take with their fight, so he dissolved it.

The popularity of his manga already seems to be pretty hit-or-miss on the forums, so I'm very curious what the responses will be.

I thought it was loving hilarious and that includes the parts after that up to and including the current fight which is great.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

I thought it was loving hilarious and that includes the parts after that up to and including the current fight which is great.

Definitely, the author is silly as hell. His plot twists are always good for a laugh. He wrote himself into a corner and didn't know what to do.

I never would have expected Motobe to survive Musashi's "serious" slash and Yujiro's strike, only to turn around and challenge Jack Hanma shortly thereafter. Motobe received a massive power-up in the latest manga. After his fight with Jack I think, it's safe to say he is one of the top tier fighters. He may even go the distance with Musashi.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Controversial opinion i know but i dont actually like motobe

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

No matter what Baki has to beat his father.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I was rereading the scene where Baki's mom met Yujiro. Using the power of his ki or whatever he basically tore her dress to shreds, in her mind only. It reminded me a lot of Musashi's mental swordplay.

God this manga is ridiculous.

Who wants to bet that they'll bring back Baki's Grandpa using the same method to resurrect Musashi?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Wild Horses posted:

Controversial opinion i know but i dont actually like motobe

I don't think it's controversial at all, I don't like Motobe either. I thought Jack Hanma got jobbed, and many of the fans I've talked to felt the same way. It was completely unexpected.

It looks like the author wanted to create a modern ninja vs. samurai battle, so he made Motobe drastically stronger, but gave no explanation how this happened. We're just supposed to assume that after the events of Son of Ogre, Motobe emerged as one of the strongest fighters. Motobe used to be the clown that Yujiro would poo poo on, although once or twice he showed genuine skills with weapons, like when he defeated Yanagi. Anyway, he's way too smug for his own good. At least his fighting style is unique, I suppose

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
What was the point of the whole Ali Jr ark?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

an excuse to stick Ali in

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I dunno man. What's the point of anything.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

K. Flaps posted:

I dunno man. What's the point of anything.

To be the strongest! Show true strength!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Eustace posted:

What was the point of the whole Ali Jr ark?

It was to see a retired and aging Ali Senior, who trained incredibly hard, and eventually defeated his arrogant son in a sparring match.