Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Harmburger posted:

You'd have to not ever open it. Here's what happens if you just light one in the chamber though: http://imgur.com/a/r62Sl nothing

Well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

I agree with the spirit, the menu for the elevator seems to have extra room :tinfoil:

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

You can just manually edit your save file to add it in yourself I guess

I dropped my fishing down to 4 because I couldn't find where to add the skill bonuses, time to get my fishing back up.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What does the xml data say about Catfish? I've spent several actual hours ingame in several seasons and never seen a single one. :negative:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Harmburger posted:

I agree with the spirit, the menu for the elevator seems to have extra room :tinfoil:

I'll just have to wait until I get the cash to fix the bus, then.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Your Computer posted:

What does the xml data say about Catfish? I've spent several actual hours ingame in several seasons and never seen a single one. :negative:

Needs to be raining.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Your Computer posted:

It's river only during rain/snow. It doesn't appear at all in the summer.

They also show up in ponds in the forest, but for practical purposes just consider it a river fish during rain/snow, any season but summer. Subject to RNG.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

guys help

a witch came in the night and cursed my egg

I have an incubator......... do i hatch it

ItsNotAGirlName
Jan 9, 2011
Over 100,000 copies sold. Pretty loving good for a silly little farming game with egg cursing witches, gem eating purple haired nerds, and giant cauliflowers.

https://steamdb.info/app/413150/graphs/

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Indecisive posted:

guys help

Do it. What's the worst that could happen? :cthulhu:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Indecisive posted:

guys help

Try it, maybe it'll give you a chicken that lays more void eggs and you can live out your basement-dwelling emo husbando fantasies.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Indecisive posted:

guys help

It's nothing bad, you should incubate it but bear in mind the thing that hatches just lays more of these and they can't be made into Mayo iirc

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Given the foundation the game has already laid, I feel really good about the potential for additional content, either from CA directly or once people really get the hang of things and start putting some really good mods together.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

ItsNotAGirlName posted:

Over 100,000 copies sold. Pretty loving good for a silly little farming game with egg cursing witches, gem eating purple haired nerds, and giant cauliflowers.

https://steamdb.info/app/413150/graphs/

Even with Steamtax, publisher tax, and government taxes, that's still 3/4 of a million already. 188k a year to program a farming game seems pretty good. Really hit it out of the park with finding a good niche and making an awesome game.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmao

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I thought I escaped the min/max mindset, and then the game told me to pick between professions. :froggonk:

Aaod
May 29, 2004
Does anyone know if the maki roll recipe comes from the cooking channel on TV or from somewhere else?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Speaking of professions, if you aren't happy with what you picked, how do you edit your save to change it?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Aaod posted:

Does anyone know if the maki roll recipe comes from the cooking channel on TV or from somewhere else?

i bought it at the saloon

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Aaod posted:

I'm pretty sure I got it from the TV.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Tarezax posted:

Speaking of professions, if you aren't happy with what you picked, how do you edit your save to change it?

its in %APPDATA% (just search for it on your computer), go to stardew Valley folder, saves, then your name.

Just Find the profession section, and change the number.

You can also pick a cavechoice, then change the number to the other one, and have both bats and mushrooms!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

its in %APPDATA% (just search for it on your computer), go to stardew Valley folder, saves, then your name.

Just Find the profession section, and change the number.

You can also pick a cavechoice, then change the number to the other one, and have both bats and mushrooms!

I found it, I just need to know what numbers I need to change.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Tarezax posted:

In Win7:

\Users\Tarezax\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves\Tazrezax_#########

Open the file there in an XML editor. I am using XML Notepad 2007 personally.

It's in player > professions.

There will be a listing of integers depending on how many skills you've got, in my case there are six in chronological order that you received them.

Use this image for reference.

Caveat: All level 5 skills have different branching skills. You must have the appropriate beginning skill if you are wanting to change to a different level 10 skill.

Tetracell
Feb 16, 2008
My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb. Those that doubt me... suck cock by choice.
Is this a new dupe bug I've found, or an old one?

With my inventory full, I drag something out from the chest to outside the inventory area, and click. A dupe of it farts out into the world. Then they can be picked up, and stacked if you move the original one(s) from the chest to your main inventory. Doing it the other way should revert the stack to what it was.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm more concerned that you don't have the backpack

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Ulvirich posted:

In Win7:

\Users\Tarezax\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves\Tazrezax_#########

Open the file there in an XML editor. I am using XML Notepad 2007 personally.

It's in player > professions.

There will be a listing of integers depending on how many skills you've got, in my case there are six in chronological order that you received them.

Use this image for reference.

Caveat: All level 5 skills have different branching skills. You must have the appropriate beginning skill if you are wanting to change to a different level 10 skill.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

Tetracell
Feb 16, 2008
My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb. Those that doubt me... suck cock by choice.

drunken officeparty posted:

I'm more concerned that you don't have the backpack

Now I do :getin:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

good times and great fishing will come to those who post gently caress YOU GLACIERFISH in this thread!!!!

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Welp editting my save file hosed up something and now the game crashes whenever I open the mailbox. Guess it's time to start over with a min-maxy run!

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Tetracell posted:

Is this a new dupe bug I've found, or an old one?

With my inventory full, I drag something out from the chest to outside the inventory area, and click. A dupe of it farts out into the world. Then they can be picked up, and stacked if you move the original one(s) from the chest to your main inventory. Doing it the other way should revert the stack to what it was.

Yeah, this is a thing that happens. But I don't seem to actually keep the stacks and if anything I seem to lose the mats if I click too many times.

Leper Residue fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Mar 2, 2016

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

:xcom:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tom Gorman posted:

It's river only during rain/snow. It doesn't appear at all in the summer.

They also show up in ponds in the forest, but for practical purposes just consider it a river fish during rain/snow, any season but summer. Subject to RNG.

I'm skeptical of the fact that they show up in snow. Fished an entire day now (with slowed time to 10 sec instead of 7) with the following results:

- 17 Green Algae
- 1 Bream
- 24 Perch
- 23 Pike
- 9 Tiger Trout
and
- 7 Lingcod

that's 81 fish in a day with no Catfish in sight. The Lingcod are also rare as well as being complete bastards to catch and I still got 7 of those. :(

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
New patch (1.04) is apparently live!

Gameplay Additions/Changes
  • Added a randomize character button to the character creation screen.
  • Robin now sells crafting recipes for "Wood Floor", "Stone Floor", and "Stepping Stone Path"
  • Added a secret new way to modify a rare item.
  • Increased grass growth rate.
  • Increased forage spawn possibilities, and made it much less likely for forage to spawn behind trees.
  • Reduced value of honey from 200g to 100g.
  • Raised Clint's ore prices.
  • Inventory menus now indicate which slot is the "active slot".
  • Made the meteorite look snazzier.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed problem with swinging sword while riding horse.
  • Fixed strange lighting behavior when holding torches.
  • Fixed problem where stone fence was spawning debris.
  • Wild seeds now produce the proper produce when in the greenhouse.
  • Secret gift exchange should now work properly.
  • All scarecrows now give reports on their crow-scaring activity.
  • Bouncer is now truly impassable.
  • Trees no longer grow directly in front of warp statues.
  • Willy's shop no longer counts as water.
  • The meteor should no longer appear in pond or buildings.
  • If an object is ever directly underneath you, preventing you from moving, right click to remove it.
  • Tappers are now properly destroyed by bombs.
  • Fixed bathing hairstyle inconsistency.
  • Fixed various item duplication and stacking issues.
  • Poppyseed Muffin now actually looks like a muffin.
  • Quest items should no longer disappear when you die.
  • You can no longer give quest items to the wrong person.
  • The Skull Cave quest can no longer be completed before receiving the actual journal entry.

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
Do the keg and picklers have different times depending on what you put in there? Cranberries take like 344 days in the pickler, and over a week in the keg.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

quote:

Increased grass growth rate.

THANK GOD.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Looks like a 50% increase on ore prices. Does anyone know if all honey prices were halved or just the base one? Or are the other prices some modifier on the base one?

Bee Hives made loads of money and could easily pay for themselves in less than half a month before. They made more money than livestock for the maintenance of planting a single flower within a pretty generous radius (4 away still benefits, maybe even more I don't know never tested farther than 4 because I didn't mass bee hives).

I don't know if he fixed it or if it's just going to be a quirk, but the honey type is checked at the time of harvesting not at the time of spawn.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Enzer posted:

• The meteor should no longer appear in pond or buildings.

ahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahaha

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

kickascii posted:

Do the keg and picklers have different times depending on what you put in there? Cranberries take like 344 days in the pickler, and over a week in the keg.

According to a book I read in the library keg stuff definitely takes longer depending on what you put in it (juice is shortest, beer middle and wine is longest)

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

kickascii posted:

For the kegs, beer takes about a day while wine will still be fermenting after the heat death of the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I am trapped in a farming-themed Skinner Box. Send help.