Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
If you read the responses in this thread, some people think Sakamoto hit its peak too early and they dropped it. I still read it whenever a translation is released and I find it enjoyable regardless so I believe the anime adaption will also be agreeable, but not great personally, but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i bought the first volume of Sakamoto and enjoyed it. from that small bit i've read they used the initial gag well, had it escalate in funny ways, but also had a bit where he wasn't actually perfect but people perceived him that way. plus other characters got a teachable moment out of his actions, even if they seemed to immediately fall back to side character status.

so the impression that gave me was a comedy like Cromartie where there are characters that elevate everyday stuff to a slightly surreal level, however the rest of the world seems pretty grounded. i dunno if people continue to (mistakenly) gain insight through Sakamoto's actions, but that would be my guess. with Takamatsu directing i'm not really worried about the show tbh, even if the source material falls off he can probably make it work on his own.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Compendium posted:

If you read the responses in this thread, some people think Sakamoto hit its peak too early and they dropped it. I still read it whenever a translation is released and I find it enjoyable regardless so I believe the anime adaption will also be agreeable, but not great personally, but who knows.

Fair enough.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Sabagebu was a treasure and Momoka is still a top tier protag.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

graybook posted:

Momoka and Mommoka for best family. Any anime that has the mom pull a paintball gun on her daughter from her apron is top tier.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Momoka and Mommoka for best family. Any anime that has the mom pull a paintball gun on her daughter from her apron is top tier.

Even more so when said mom is The Boss.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

graybook posted:

:swoon:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
wait, mayoiga isnt a pa works show?

easy mistake to make, for the longest time this winter season i thought dimension w was a bones show

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Also I hope Joker Game will be good, because I'm like one of the 5 people who watched Night Raid 1931 and I loved that show.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

BAKUON!!!!!!!!!!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

BAKUON!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BAKUON!!!!!!!!!!

Bakuon??????????

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

BAKUON!!!!!!!!!!

Bikes bikes bikes.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

BAKUON!!!!!!!!!!

It probably won't get that many seasons.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

BAKUON!!!!!!!!!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

onsa is the best bike

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Maybe the best bike was the friends we made along the way.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

graybook posted:

Maybe the best bike was the friends we made along the way.

no, its curly hair

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It probably won't get that many seasons.

I like this joke

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

they actually made her hair less curly for the anime, the first casualty of adaption

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

they actually made her hair less curly for the anime, the first casualty of adaption

yea its looks bad

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sharkopath posted:

what the gently caress!?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
:rip: Toecutter.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Colonel posted:

what the gently caress!?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

when normally she looks like this

they even had the gall to cut her mustache

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

they made it an angular block style of hair in the front when the original author was very good at always making it look loose and curly and natural

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it might look different in motion

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
i think even the author admits in some end of volume bonus stuff that drawing her hair is a pain in the rear end.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Blhue posted:

i think even the author admits in some end of volume bonus stuff that drawing her hair is a pain in the rear end.

that doesn't explain the loss of mustache

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sharkopath posted:

that doesn't explain the loss of mustache

She can't be in comedic mode all the time sharkey.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Allarion posted:

She can't be in comedic mode all the time sharkey.

its integral to her character, this adaption is doomed to fail without it

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Looking forward to:
Gyakuten Saiban
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Usakame
Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

one of those big season charts

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

one of those big season charts

Thank you.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bono Bono sounds cool, so does the feudal Japan historical parody with cats. I'm going to watch those on top of my previous picks, plus Tonkatsu DJ.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Having just now read the four translated chapters of Pan de Peace! I'm looking forwards to the anime.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'll be watching Attorneys, Jojos, and Heroes for sure. Maybe check out some other stuff.

Also, news:

The live-action Ghost in the Shell has cast legendary Japanese actor/director Beat Takeshi as Aramaki.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
So Teekyu has 2 spinoffs now. How far that dumb series has come.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Zettace posted:

So Teekyu has 2 spinoffs now. How far that dumb series has come.

Teekyu's not dumb, it's funny as heck and cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Teekyuu is usually better than any other shows airing, except for maybe one or two per season.

• Locked thread