Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
How do gates actually work?

I placed iron wall around like so

xxxxx
x x
x
x
x x
xxxxx

And tried to put two gates in the empty space. Both appear as just a large log though, and right clicking them does nothing.

What gives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Rookersh posted:

How do gates actually work?

I placed iron wall around like so

xxxxx
x x
x
x
x x
xxxxx

And tried to put two gates in the empty space. Both appear as just a large log though, and right clicking them does nothing.

What gives?

You put gates on top of walls, not in absence of them

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Someone Awful! posted:

You put gates on top of walls, not in absence of them

Oh, well that'd explain it.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i wish the horse wasn't so fat, it can't go through hard 1-tile gaps and there's a bunch of places you can walk through but not ride through (including my 1-tile wide path between a fence and a row of trellis plants that block movement)

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
Okay- I had an idea for a very small mod, but I have no idea how to implement it. I am in no way, shape, or form a modder.

It would be SUPER NICE if a small check-mark or a red x appeared next to villagers we spoke to for the week. It could reset on sunday when the green x's for gifts go away. I try to talk to every villager once a week, but I worry I'll forget some of the outliers. :ohdear:

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 4, 2016

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
In addition to FreezeInside, I now present

TimeSpeed--Configurable Day Lengths.

Set your desired DayLength TenMinuteTickLength in seconds to the INI. Compatible with FreezeInside. Requires the Stardew Modding API (SMAPI) v0.3.5 or up.

edit: Renamed DayLength to TenMinuteTickLength to better clarify what it actually does.

Cantorsdust fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 4, 2016

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I find it funny that before release CA was saying you could play the game fully without having to go in the mine/do combat

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Would it be possible to mod out relationship decay? Or at least slow it down. I was doing requests, giving presents, went to bed, and when I got up I lost my hearts from like five people even though they're maxed out on gifts for now.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

I find it funny that before release CA was saying you could play the game fully without having to go in the mine/do combat

You can though. If you make enough money you can just buy the ore.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

well you technically can i think, it just seems like it'd be a miserable experience

go w/ jojamart so you don't have to collect things, and buy metal from the blacksmith guy, and cry at all the money you no longer have to spend on anything else?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Harmburger posted:

You can though. If you make enough money you can just buy the ore.

Or fish it out of the water.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Stroth posted:

No. New one overwrites the old one.

Great, thanks. I'm assuming that speed gro doesn't have any effect on regrowth cycles since they're so short?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Geomancing posted:

Would it be possible to mod out relationship decay? Or at least slow it down. I was doing requests, giving presents, went to bed, and when I got up I lost my hearts from like five people even though they're maxed out on gifts for now.

i don't think there is relationship decay? i didn't talk to linus through pretty much all of winter and he's still sitting pretty at 10:h:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Aargh, I fished up a dinosaur egg and donated it to the museum, and now I learn that you can hatch it?

Someone please prove me wrong.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

Cantorsdust posted:

In addition to FreezeInside, I now present

TimeSpeed--Configurable Day Lengths.

Set your desired DayLength in seconds to the INI. Compatible with FreezeInside. Requires the Stardew Modding API (SMAPI) v0.3.5 or up.

EDIT: Does using any configure time mod affect the villagers badly? I know that they walk at certain times.

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 4, 2016

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Someone Awful! posted:

i don't think there is relationship decay? i didn't talk to linus through pretty much all of winter and he's still sitting pretty at 10:h:

I've seen heart levels go down spontaneously, but I've also seen them go up spontaneously without my even talking to the person, so I don't know what to think.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I've seen heart levels go down spontaneously, but I've also seen them go up spontaneously without my even talking to the person, so I don't know what to think.

absence makes the heart grow fonder???

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

weird, literally the only way i've seen relationship levels go down has been after i hosed up and gave someone a thing they hated (i hope the old lady dies for her hatred of sashimi)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
To be more specific: I gave Shane something for his birthday, he hit three hearts right away, then I checked a little while later it was four, and then again still later it was back to three.

I don't think I've seen it happen to anyone else although I can't really keep track of how many people have 0 vs. 1 heart.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I'm a lame rear end who is recreating my farm in this. :(

Not because I want to OPTIMIZE my placement but just because I want to see it as a whole.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Broken Cog posted:

Aargh, I fished up a dinosaur egg and donated it to the museum, and now I learn that you can hatch it?

What?!

E: Apparently so.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 4, 2016

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Freakbox posted:

EDIT: Does using any configure time mod affect the villagers badly? I know that they walk at certain times.

It should not. I just lengthens the time between 10 minute ticks.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is there a list of all the community center poo poo floating around

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
What do you need to get the 2nd level of sprinklers and what do you need to build them mats wise?
Thanks

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
According to the code, hearts have two properties.

There is the gift hearts, and talking hearts.

If you talk to someone every day of a week, they'll gain 1 heart. If you don't continue to talk to them, they will lose this heart.

If you give someone a gift, they will gain a heart/up to 3 hearts. As far as I can tell, these hearts will never degrade ( I've been 10 hearting all the romances because why not, nobody seems to care, and haven't gifted over half of them for 2-3 seasons now. All still at 10. Yet the few times I talked to them every day for a week/got that heart, it'd go away by the end of the next week/it wouldn't count for the r10 event. ).

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

:psyboom:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

well huh, guess it exists after all :shrug:

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/705558717295517696

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

Cantorsdust posted:

It should not. I just lengthens the time between 10 minute ticks.

Awesome- second question. I tried to run the SMAPI thing, but got a bunch of red text about "game not starting". Is that normal? I would love to have slightly longer days :ohdear:

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Tiny Chalupa posted:

What do you need to get the 2nd level of sprinklers and what do you need to build them mats wise?
Thanks

Level 6 Farming to unlock

1 Iron Bar
1 Gold Bar
1 Refined Quartz (quartz + coal in smelter)

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 4, 2016

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

But is there dino mayonnaise.

DurosKlav posted:

Level 6 Farming to unlock

1 Iron Bar
1 Gold Bar
1 Refined Quarts (quarts + coal in smelter)

You can smelt quartz? Huh. All my refined quartz are made of CDs and broken glasses :v:

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Thank Yoba, that's a lot off my plate for Sunday and Monday.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

God I want multiplayer so bad already :arghfist::(

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I just realized that the reason I spent an eternity trying to catch a Catfish (and failing) was because I was trying to catch it during Summer, the only season in which it cannot be caught :doh:

I never got an answer on what skills to take in each tree, in particular for Mining, Foraging, and Fishing. For Mining it seems like Geologist -> Excavator is good or Miner -> Prospector (I am always hurting for metal and coal), for Foraging, Gatherer -> Tracker seems nice, and for Fishing I was thinking Trapper -> Luremaster (maybe Mariner? Not sure how hard it is to get bait en masse).

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

If I get someone to three hearts but didn't see their 2-heart scene, did I miss it or can I still see it if I go to the right place at the right time?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

If I get someone to three hearts but didn't see their 2-heart scene, did I miss it or can I still see it if I go to the right place at the right time?

You cant skip over them.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

KoB posted:

if you miss scenes you'll just get a bunch in a row when they finally proc.

Cool, thanks.

Side note: how was that soup only average? I threw a gold-level red pepper in there! :argh:

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

DurosKlav posted:

I'm a lame rear end who is recreating my farm in this. :(

Not because I want to OPTIMIZE my placement but just because I want to see it as a whole.

My Little farm.

I have the greenhouse completed. All the single farm plots are actually trees. The one is, the top 2 rows are 4 each of the normal trees. Then I have a single row of 3 of each season tree, left to right it goes pomegranate, apple, peach, orange, apricot, cherry. Its completely paved to keep seeds and other debris from spawning. The plot in the bottom left is my wild tree farm for lumber. The 12 chests near the entrance are my mayo and cheese makers. The 2 sets of 4 rows of 5 are my trellis stations, then next to that is a flower patch with 4 hives next to it. Not shown is the various patches of grass or the grass in the stable area. Fun little tool tbh, really helps me visualize the area better.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 4, 2016

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Mazz posted:

Whoever is running that awesome google docs spreadsheet (Stardew Valley Gifting Guide), is there suposed to be a weather tab in the fish area? I don't see one and I thought I remember it being there.

Anyone can edit the doc. I edited the tab in.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Freakbox posted:

Awesome- second question. I tried to run the SMAPI thing, but got a bunch of red text about "game not starting". Is that normal? I would love to have slightly longer days :ohdear:

Can you post the error text?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Ok, so, Starfruits sell... pretty well!