Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
It's a real bummer that the post-marriage stuff seems so lacking (just a bit of new dialogue/no acknowlegement from their family members/etc.). I couldn't even imagine marrying maru until I had the ability to fund her multiple advanced degrees with my alcohol tycoon money, have Robin and Demetrius over for Thanksgiving, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Pierre you raging rear end in a top hat. 2nd place?! With a display full of starfruit and cactus wine?! I hate you Pierre.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Got tired of the bundles, keeping track of it, during fall 1 so switched to Jojo mart.
Feels good to destroy the working man market for not always being open muhahaha
Although once I did this I IMMEDIATELY pulled multiple fish I've been struggling to get :/

My kegs are slowly coming online, managed to get 350+ hops in a single season not knowing what I was doing, money is flowing in. Soon I'll have the blue berry green house up and running

The gentle goon who showed me the best lay out with the second tier sprinklers thank you. I got 4 giant plots that I don't touch besides harvesting. Cranberries, corn pumpkins and egg plants galore :3
Winter is coming so I'll finish that first mine, forage and fish my way into oblivion. That and clear my farm land besides my set aside trees for sap.

Is there any animal who products in winter so I have something else to do?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

nonpromqueen posted:

Pierre you raging rear end in a top hat. 2nd place?! With a display full of starfruit and cactus wine?! I hate you Pierre.

You need variety for good points.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

insanityv2 posted:

It's a real bummer that the post-marriage stuff seems so lacking (just a bit of new dialogue/no acknowlegement from their family members/etc.). I couldn't even imagine marrying maru until I had the ability to fund her multiple advanced degrees with my alcohol tycoon money, have Robin and Demetrius over for Thanksgiving, etc.

Kind of an issue with all HM games sadly, after you marry whomever they always become the same boring dork afterward. It's particularly egregious with someone like Maru because like her first heart event is Demetrius warning you not to gently caress up her bright future.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Got tired of the bundles, keeping track of it, during fall 1 so switched to Jojo mart.
Although once I did this I IMMEDIATELY pulled multiple fish I've been struggling to get :/

My kegs are slowly coming online, managed to get 350+ hops in a single season not knowing what I was doing, money is flowing in. Soon I'll have the blue berry green house up and running

The gentle goon who showed me the best lay out with the second tier sprinklers thank you. I got 4 giant plots that I don't touch besides harvesting. Cranberries, corn pumpkins and egg plants galore :3
Winter is coming so I'll finish that first mine, forage and fish my way into oblivion. That and clear my farm land besides my set aside trees for sap.

Chickens and cows still produce during winter, and I'm pretty sure dilucks, rabbits, goats, and sheep do too. The only one I am unsure about is pigs.

JerikTelorian fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 7, 2016

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

JerikTelorian posted:

Chickens and cows still produce during winter. The only one I am unsure about is pigs.

Thanks do animals need the heaters if they are kept in the my keg house?
I mean barn.....

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tiny Chalupa posted:

All livestock except maybe pigs produce in winter. You'll need to either have a massive hay supply in advance or use some of your revenue to buy from Marnie (when her goddamn store is open :argh: ), though.

And an unheated barn/coop is a ding on happiness, yeah.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Do you ever need multiple heaters to a building?

Also, what are the conditions for Abigail's ten heart event, the wiki just says go to the mines after 5 PM but that's not working; I've tried in both winter and spring if there's a season requirement, as well as trying later and earlier.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Oh holy hell, you can buy sprinklers from the gypsy? And the gypsy shows up regularly?!?!

I'm kicking myself for not knowing this before.

I also wasted way too many days in the mines running the same levels over and over again. I thought it auto-saved your progress and you could just hop back down into the hole to resume whatever floor you had been on.

Oh what's the elevator over there do?

Dammit. At least I have a good base of copper ore built up from clearing levels 1-9 a dozen times.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

nonpromqueen posted:

Re: Mods

I'm using this at the moment: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/smapi-0-37-in-game-cheat-menu-v1-3-2-6-mar-2016.108004/

And it's pretty handy. Now that my game isn't crashing every 15 minutes I'm really, really enjoying the game. Time to explore!

Thanks for this. I was really getting annoyed with the clock, honestly. I'm horrible with time management in games.

So I have a question. Well, first, I know I've played horribly inefficiently for the first spring. My farm is pitiful and I have barely any plants (but I'm down to floor 80 on the mine ). So I decided I'd start going for trees because that seemed like a good idea at the time. I got a single apple tree and planted it in un-tilled dirt near my little pond. Question is: did I screw up there? Will it still grow even though I didn't prepare the ground for my little tree?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ugato posted:

Question is: did I screw up there? Will it still grow even though I didn't prepare the ground for my little tree?

You have to place trees on untilled ground, but it won't grow unless the surrounding "ring" of tiles are empty (i.e. no pond).

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

For leveling up mining is it strictly breaking rocks with a pickaxe, or does it include selling gems or using bombs to blow up poo poo. I've been level 8 Mining forever :negative:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bolow posted:

For leveling up mining is it strictly breaking rocks with a pickaxe, or does it include selling gems or using bombs to blow up poo poo

Leveling up mining is strictly breaking ore deposits. Regular stones don't count. Bombs used on ore does count, though.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

The White Dragon posted:

You have to place trees on untilled ground, but it won't grow unless the surrounding "ring" of tiles are empty (i.e. no pond).

They really need to add a way to check if a tree will grow or not in game. Maybe when modding gets more robust, someone can add in a custom tool that checks to see if a tree can/will grow in a given spot.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

The White Dragon posted:

Oh. I'm fine then. I'll continue my horribly inefficient start (I saved up for that tree!)

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
What's the best way to get clay?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Just something i haven't seen mentioned yet: Robin sells a calender for 2k

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

botany posted:

What's the best way to get clay?

tilling on the beach is a pretty quick way to shore up some clay

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Pound_Coin posted:

Dear lord thank you. I don't know how I didn't notice this.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

There's a noise, like a ghost? Calling out in my town....Any idea what it is?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fishvilla posted:

Oh holy hell, you can buy sprinklers from the gypsy? And the gypsy shows up regularly?!?!

I'm kicking myself for not knowing this before.

I also wasted way too many days in the mines running the same levels over and over again. I thought it auto-saved your progress and you could just hop back down into the hole to resume whatever floor you had been on.

Oh what's the elevator over there do?

Dammit. At least I have a good base of copper ore built up from clearing levels 1-9 a dozen times.

Krobus the dude in the sewers stock changes daily, I've gotten like 5 Iridium Sprinklers off him so far and Winter 1 isn't even over yet :rms:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
How do you get in the sewers? Do I have to be "friends" with someone?

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Tiny Chalupa posted:

How do you get in the sewers? Do I have to be "friends" with someone?

Donate 60 items to the museum

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Mr. Pumroy posted:

she's been there all day and doesn't respond to me. so apparently she walks off the farm and stands still in the snow, most likely locked in a moment of existential despair as she realizes she gave up a life of academic achievement and scientific pursuits to become the wife of a farmer who spends more time fishing than farming.

When you inevitably fill two barns with kegs and start up a massive brewing operation pumping out hundreds of ancient fruit wine bottles and earning hundreds of thousands of dollars a day, she'll be happier and probably go all Factorio on your crops and kegs and automate the entire thing. Then there's nothing left to do but build a massive iridium drill and construct a bore hole down to the core to extract more iridium and build more sprinklers and more kegs and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

yeah i recently got my greenhouse set up and now ive got fruits and hops all year round to throw into my artisan crafting stations so the money is really starting to come in. im about to sell off my barn because gently caress milking cows im selling juice wine and ale and jelly all drat day

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Pumroy posted:

yeah i recently got my greenhouse set up and now ive got fruits and hops all year round to throw into my artisan crafting stations so the money is really starting to come in. im about to sell off my barn because gently caress milking cows im selling juice wine and ale and jelly all drat day

Sell the cows, put all your kegs in the now empty barn.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Pound_Coin posted:

What.

WHAT.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Pochoclo posted:

When you inevitably fill two barns with kegs and start up a massive brewing operation pumping out hundreds of ancient fruit wine bottles and earning hundreds of thousands of dollars a day, she'll be happier and probably go all Factorio on your crops and kegs and automate the entire thing. Then there's nothing left to do but build a massive iridium drill and construct a bore hole down to the core to extract more iridium and build more sprinklers and more kegs and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Basically my whole goal for the game is to build an Iridium Killdozer and demolish the entirety of Pelican Town to make room for more kegs.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Any mods that add more character customization options yet?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Sell the cows, put all your kegs in the now empty barn.

oh god that is a good idea

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
found a weird dog on my farm

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Since all your animals will go inside at about six pm, the easiest way to make sure you don't miss any production is to make closing the gates the last thing you do in the evening. Then in the morning you come outside, go into the pen, hug everyone and gather up the eggs or whatever. You can leave the gate open all day.

The rhythm of this game is absolutely soothing and compelling.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
So, I'm wanting to move my coop. I know there is no "move building" option. If I build a second coop in the spot where I want it, and demolish the first coop, would my chickens transfer to the new coop, or would they be lost?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
How do you guys reliably harvest sap? Do you have to chop down trees to get it because that doesn't sound sustainable.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013

ElTacoGato posted:

So, I'm wanting to move my coop. I know there is no "move building" option. If I build a second coop in the spot where I want it, and demolish the first coop, would my chickens transfer to the new coop, or would they be lost?

Build the second coop, transfer all your animals to it (when you check their status there are options to the right of the textbox to sell or move them), then demolish the old one.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
So the wiki finally data mined the grandpa event. It's based on money + social + collections: http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Grandpa

Hardest thing by far looks to be selling one of everything, second is the community center, third is catching every fish which is required for getting all Stardrops.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Can you have kids after getting married?

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

ElTacoGato posted:

Lost, apparently you can move buildings by changing the coordinates in your save settings :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ElTacoGato posted:

One option is to just, you know, build the coop and then transfer the chickens.

(Right click once to pet them for the day, right click them again to bring up rename/sell/transfer/diagnostics.)