Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mikeycp posted:

It's astonishing to me that Re:Digitize managed to be so much worse than the rock bottom of the original. LPing that was possibly the biggest slog I've ever endured.

However, do you mean to imply they made a DCB2 that I never knew about??

I couldn't even get far in your LP. I tried, but I was busy and honestly the game's even boring to watch. I totally should try again though, I do want to see how the game goes because there's no way in hell I can play it myself when every time Vitium appears it feels like there's a massive spike in difficulty and I need to grind like hell to keep up.

And there was a DCB1 you didn't know about, actually! What we got is the second game, there was one before it. I know little about it, though it looks unpolished. It did have something that likely made it completely impossible to localize though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU2cgX_JMhg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
is the digimon card game even still produced, i never really understood it so i stuck with pokemon when i was wee

i'm sure i'd be able to follow it now that i'm an adult but eh i got magic to fuel the card game itch soooo

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I couldn't even get far in your LP. I tried, but I was busy and honestly the game's even boring to watch. I totally should try again though, I do want to see how the game goes because there's no way in hell I can play it myself when every time Vitium appears it feels like there's a massive spike in difficulty and I need to grind like hell to keep up.

And there was a DCB1 you didn't know about, actually! What we got is the second game, there was one before it. I know little about it, though it looks unpolished. It did have something that likely made it completely impossible to localize though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU2cgX_JMhg

Oh, that's cool. I should find a copy and toy around with that a little bit.

As for the LP, I think the main hook for it for people not into the game itself is to see my gradual descent into abject misery. I was not a happy camper by the end. It really is a shame that that thing got a fan translation when so many better games are out there in JP-only land.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah if/when a Tri dub happens it has got to be stylistically consistent with the classic dub. To do anything else would be pointless and redundant considering how available Tri's subbed original is.

Somebody that is working on a dub made a joke video doing that already alongside a bunch of videos of his "true to the source" dub.

He got enough reaction that he had to make a second video explaining that he refuses to do the whole movie like that.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
if the real digimon english dub doesn't use the digimon are the champions song for the digivolutions it's not something i wanna see

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Like keep butter-fly around, it's rad, but gimme that ska and the dumb puns just like that video!!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

mandatory lesbian posted:

if the real digimon english dub doesn't use the digimon are the champions song for the digivolutions it's not something i wanna see

This is basically where I sit. I understand that it's just really bad music for some, but for others it's one of those pavlovian "get hyped" triggers, like pro wrestling theme music or the Voltron formation. And as bad/corny as those concepts are, the truth is everyone remembers wrestler entrances or mecha formations more easily than they can the matches/sequences that come after them. Which makes that stuff core to nostalgia pandering.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Similarly the German dub had the Japanese score so Butter-Fly was instant nostalgia for me.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

a cartoon duck posted:

Similarly the German dub had the Japanese score so Butter-Fly was instant nostalgia for me.

Likewise for the Latin American dub. It kept basically everything the same as the Japanese version (changing names to their English equivalents for some reason, though attacks kept their original names) so hearing not only Butterfly, but also the rest of the OST beautifully redone only increased that awesome nostalgia feeling.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Anything changed in the latin america dub was usually licensing stuff, like "well we got this huge-rear end TAI poster to sell, can't really keep him as Taichi" but yeah, god, hearing the original score was so rad as a kid, I loved the music and hearing the new versions is so hype, like the song that played when they got into the onsen or whatever place and they're picking the yukatas, it was the best.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I've been re-watching Savers and while still holds up pretty well (and the Latin American dub is surprisingly enjoyable) I can't help but be bothered by the total absence of the RK in through all of Kurata's arc. One would've though that is the kind of poo poo that they're supposed to watch over.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

One thing that's fun regarding the continuity issues is describing them to people.

For instance, a friend and I are watching Tamers, subbed, for the first time. For me, it's just the first time watching it subbed, as opposed to dubbed, and I already know basically 90% of the trivia. I've been a Digimon fan since Adventure first aired in America.

For him, this is the first time he's ever actually seen a Digimon series as an adult, the whole way through. He's only barely touched the stuff, though he enjoys the concept. It's been fun watching him think that the kids are immature at first, and then the build up as the series goes on. He's been expecting your standard shounen moments and beats, and it's been fun when the series undermines them. Or just the way Tamers plays everything a lot more "realistically" than Adventure/02, and especially how adults aren't the bad guys, or even hindrances after a short while.

Of course, we get to the Digital World, and we've been enjoying that so far. Just reached Shibumi's first episode, actually. That does mean, however, we've already experienced Ryo. My friend kept rolling his eyes at Ryo, being like "wow this guy is like some sort of self-insert OC or something". I just chuckled, until the introduction episode was over, and let him rant about it a little.

Then I actually EXPLAINED Ryo...

Those screams of pure confusion and disbelief were my favorite part of this entire series so far.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So the theory I had was Meicoomon and Meiko's digivice are Himekawa's. She mirrored a lot of the plot in this episode, having changed to 'become an adult' and putting away childish things. And she'd be aware of the Chosen Children. So what's the best way to move about without arousing suspicion? If your partner and digivice are on the perfectly cutely named girl you met and helped get established. That would explain why Meiko could never get Meicoomon to evolve.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I just saw Reunion. It was pretty good, but why did no one go past Champion until the end? Also, shouldn't everyone know what digimon are now due to the ridcolous number of digidestined introduced in season 2?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Covok posted:

I just saw Reunion. It was pretty good, but why did no one go past Champion until the end? Also, shouldn't everyone know what digimon are now due to the ridcolous number of digidestined introduced in season 2?

Not going above Adult might be them being rusty. After all, they went an entire season nearly unable to, and then they're suddenly thrown into battle after years of not seeing their Digimon.

About the latter point, if you consider it, they're still a really small minority in comparison to the amount of human beings in the world at large, and the world Chosen Children likely wish to keep the charade just as much as the Japanese ones do.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There's also something weird going on with the timeline.

At the very least, something happened immediately after season 2 because the Digital World got closed off and everyone lost their Digimon again.

The kids all have the ability to go past Champion level again as well, which they shouldn't be able to besides Tai. Yet clearly Mimi and Joe can do so without issue, as could Matt.

I forget- DNA Digivolution, was that a gift as well that got taken away? Because if so, add Imperialdramon to the list of weirdness.

Note, I don't think it's a plot hole. It FEELS like this is on purpose. Considering Alphamon is directly involved, time fuckery might be afoot.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
There were probably somewhere around 400 children at the end of the fight in 02, that's tiny if you think of how most of them, including the main cast, live in tokyo where the population is over 13 million. It's enough so that there's eyewitnesses and general knowledge of Digimon, such as the population at large having an idea of there existing radical 90s monsters that every other year will wreck poo poo and maybe somewhere around a thousand people know very well about digimon.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
To be frank, second half 02 is a fever dream to me so I don't actually remember how much this conflicts.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

There's also something weird going on with the timeline.

At the very least, something happened immediately after season 2 because the Digital World got closed off and everyone lost their Digimon again.

The kids all have the ability to go past Champion level again as well, which they shouldn't be able to besides Tai. Yet clearly Mimi and Joe can do so without issue, as could Matt.

I forget- DNA Digivolution, was that a gift as well that got taken away? Because if so, add Imperialdramon to the list of weirdness.

Note, I don't think it's a plot hole. It FEELS like this is on purpose. Considering Alphamon is directly involved, time fuckery might be afoot.

Everyone losing their Digimon actually does make logical sense, as 02 stated that Digimon couldn't stay long periods of time in the Real World without becoming weak (though I think the 02 Digimon were immune to it due to the D3s, not too sure there). They likely returned to the Digital World after the fights were over, with the plans of seeing each other often considering the Gates were open...and then all of the sudden all the Digital Gates close, even to D3 owners that should be able to open them at will.

Jogress was not a power given by the Four Holy Beasts or anyone, so that should still work. Imperialdramon is still weird, since Daisuke is nowhere to be found and they were very clearly Infected, even switching colours which is something that didn't happen to any other Infected Digimon. Something happened to V-mon and Wormmon (likely still fused) after the fight with Alphamon or whoever they fought, but what...now that's a mystery.

Perfect/Mega Evolution is in a weird spot in which both being able to use it and not being able to use it are plot holes, thanks to 02's terrible writing. I'm glad they went with "can" though, even without explanations, because gently caress 02's stupid "no they can't evolve because they gave up the Crests" plot point, a massive contradiction of the last episode where they had lost the Crests already and learned the power was in them all along.

Covok posted:

To be frank, second half 02 is a fever dream to me so I don't actually remember how much this conflicts.

Not a lot. A big retcon is Sora being single with growing feelings for both Taichi and Yamato, where in 02 Yamato and Sora were already a couple. Joe's words make it clear that none of the Chosen Children have been in a relationship too, so this is clearly a retcon and not just weird writing. Beyond that, there isn't much of a contradiction so much as things that 02 kind of left blank and Tri followed from there.

On the plus side, Tri remembered that Gennai gave the Holy Ring back to Tailmon. Thank god.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 16, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm a bit bugged now that the Ultimate/Mega (not sorry; I grew up with the dub) evolutions from Greymon and Garurumon were done off screen, since Gomamon and Palmon got theirs as full sequences....

EDIT: Random thought that just occurred to me: Before Tri, had we ever seen Wargreymon or Metal Garurumon show up as a regular evolution, rather than warping from Rookie?

jivjov fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 16, 2016

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Agumon and Gabumon were able to go to Ultimate level, as was Hikari able to go to Perfect level, in "Diablomon Strikes Back". It's safe to say that whatever was keeping them from being able to do so isn't a factor anymore.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 16, 2016

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Blaze Dragon posted:

Everyone losing their Digimon actually does make logical sense, as 02 stated that Digimon couldn't stay long periods of time in the Real World without becoming weak (though I think the 02 Digimon were immune to it due to the D3s, not too sure there). They likely returned to the Digital World after the fights were over, with the plans of seeing each other often considering the Gates were open...and then all of the sudden all the Digital Gates close, even to D3 owners that should be able to open them at will.

Jogress was not a power given by the Four Holy Beasts or anyone, so that should still work. Imperialdramon is still weird, since Daisuke is nowhere to be found and they were very clearly Infected, even switching colours which is something that didn't happen to any other Infected Digimon. Something happened to V-mon and Wormmon (likely still fused) after the fight with Alphamon or whoever they fought, but what...now that's a mystery.

Perfect/Mega Evolution is in a weird spot in which both being able to use it and not being able to use it are plot holes, thanks to 02's terrible writing. I'm glad they went with "can" though, even without explanations, because gently caress 02's stupid "no they can't evolve because they gave up the Crests" plot point, a massive contradiction of the last episode where they had lost the Crests already and learned the power was in them all along.

It's worth remembering that the "Digimon become weak in the real world after a time" is a thing they invent for just that moment. The digimon from Adventure 99 where there for far longer during the Vamdemon arc and they had no problems fighting.

In the finale of 02 they say something about how Jogressing was somehow based on data from Tailmon's holy ring, and that it had been in safe-keeping with Gennai. Like so much of 02's final episodes this is rather farcical and self-contradictory. However there's nothing in this short babble that implies they repossessed the ability to Jogress.

As for the 99 cast being able to evolve Perfect and beyond they were at least pretty consistent about them being unable to do it normally anymore, and they additionally regained that ability during the world tour arc. And they don't actually give it up permanently to Imperialdramon either, War Greymon shows up for the bad fight scene with Black War Greymon. The reasoning behind why they gave up their ability to evolve wasn't very well explained in 02, but their inability to do it was actually one of the most consistent of the show's weird plot points.

Honestly the weird, semi-contradictory nature of 02 is one of the reasons why I'm unhappy that it's been so out of focus. It really feels like Tri missed a trick. They've been given the opportunity to have a sequel with all these characters and leeway to respin the world however you want and so far they've done nothing to rehabilitate the most galling problems of the Adventure era. I REALLY hope the 02 cast comes back for movie 3, and that they're in focus for the latter half. 02 sucked, but I actually liked the cast. I don't hold it against them that the series mishandled them so badly.

jivjov posted:

EDIT: Random thought that just occurred to me: Before Tri, had we ever seen Wargreymon or Metal Garurumon show up as a regular evolution, rather than warping from Rookie?

Nope. The vagaries of their stock footage means that War Greymon and Metal Garurumon were always warp evolutions from Child form. It's the same for Savers, they always warp evolve to Ultimate. This is incidentally why there was never a spirit evolution sequence for Kaiser Leomon. We also never see a Matrix Evolution to ultimate in Tamers except from the Child forms even though that's probably possible.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I looked into it- DNA Digivolution was only possible due to the power of Gatomon's tailring which is still the DUMBEST plot point and excuse to depower her but whatever.

What this means is that Imperialdramon certainly shouldn't exist. Gatomon clearly has her ring and is back to being full powered.

Add that to the other things that are different compared to the story of season 2, including some you brought up, the question of what's going on becomes murkier. I seriously think something is up, though just what it is is up for debate.

It's almost like the events of season 2 happened, but not in the way we knew them, if that makes sense. Especially with how close it adheres to season 1.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

Agumon and Gabumon were able to go to Perfect level, as was Hikari, in "Diablomon Strikes Back". It's safe to say that whatever was keeping them from being able to do so isn't a factor anymore.

To be slightly fair, Kari could go Ultimate in season 2 too, until they forgot. Because season 2 was not a very well written series.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Omnicrom posted:

Nope. The vagaries of their stock footage means that War Greymon and Metal Garurumon were always warp evolutions from Child form.

Ahh, it was a stock thing, not an explicit requirement; that makes sense.

I do wish the Tri evolution sequences were just better looking versions of the ones from Adventure, rather than these brand new things...but oh well, the new ones look cool.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

To be slightly fair, Kari could go Ultimate in season 2 too, until they forgot. Because season 2 was not a very well written series.

uh, you missed the part in "Dagomon's Call" where that was due to circumstances that Hikari and Tailmon were both surprised by.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

uh, you missed the part in "Dagomon's Call" where that was due to circumstances that Hikari and Tailmon were both surprised by.

Maybe it's different in the Sub, but in the dub they treat it as "Oh, good, the Spire is gone! Now we can go Ultimate!"

If there is a difference, I'll grant you that. Otherwise, it's just an inconsistency.

Like, they just treated it as normal "Oh No There's A Control Spire I Can't Digivolve" thing. Maybe because they genuinely forgot she was a Champion level already. This isn't like Magna Angemon VS BWG later on, where it was explicitly outside forces empowering him.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

a beam of light shoots out of the sky. That's never happened any other time Tailmon has evolved. It's pretty clearly not a normal thing that happens.

the dubs of adventure should never be treated as a canonical source of information for anything. All Tailmon does is realize the lighthouse is "stealing" their power, and when it's cracked, it's revealed to be a black tower - and a pink beam of light shoots down, which we've never seen when Tailmon evolves before. But Tailmon evolving at ALL in this scenario is abnormal because Hikari's D-3 was left behind when she was teleported.

That was NOT a normal evolution.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

a beam of light shoots out of the sky. That's never happened any other time Tailmon has evolved. It's pretty clearly not a normal thing that happens.

the dubs of adventure should never be treated as a canonical source of information for anything. All Tailmon does is realize the lighthouse is "stealing" their power, and when it's cracked, it's revealed to be a black tower - and a pink beam of light shoots down, which we've never seen when Tailmon evolves before. But Tailmon evolving at ALL in this scenario is abnormal because Hikari's D-3 was left behind when she was teleported.

That was NOT a normal evolution.

I just looked into it.

It's the exact same thing dude. The Digimon Emperor showed up and put the Spire there, that's what kept her from being able to Digivolve. They've used the pillar of light thing to signify Digivolution before.

You're going out of your way to justify what is just a simple plot hole.

Hell, unlike in the Dub where they imply Ken had NOTHING to do with the area and that it was all a ruse to bring Kari there, in the Japanese version they make it explicit that Ken DID come, that IS the Dark Spire, and they are split over worshiping their New God, Ken, or returning to their Old God.

Kari isn't surprised at Angewomon, they don't treat it as anything special, and no one makes a comment about it. It's literally treated as "Dark Spire is up, can't Digivolve, TK take it down!"

That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I just figure the rules of 99/02 were altered when Oikawa did his whole "oh no i'm dying i'll turn into butterflies and fix the world ok" thing. Of course, it ALSO ends with EVERYONE ON EARTH having their own partner Digimon.

It does seem a lot like 02 didn't happen in this timeline, though. Digimon were everywhere in 02, around the world. Everyone got a Digimon in the end. The 02 kids would definitely be more noticeably missing. Kari and TK have normal Digivices again, I think. It's been a while since I saw the first part.

It feels like something has retroactively removed 02 and its events from continuity, which more or less explains a lot of the weird poo poo going on. Maybe Ken is the only one of the 02 children to escape the whole debacle, and is loving around in the background to figure out what's going on. We know, at least, that the writers haven't forgotten 02, or want to ditch it; it's very clear SOMETHING is going on here, and that the inconsistencies feels deliberate.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The bit about "everyone on Earth getting a digimon" isn't mentioned until the flash forward.

I can't believe people are arguing that 02 didn't happen when 02 characters show up, Hikari and Takeru carry D-3s, Gennai is in his 02 design, and the producers of the film have said repeatedly (as recently as the NHK segment on the show yesterday) that they were going to show how everyone developed into what we saw in the epilogue.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

jivjov posted:

Ahh, it was a stock thing, not an explicit requirement; that makes sense.

I do wish the Tri evolution sequences were just better looking versions of the ones from Adventure, rather than these brand new things...but oh well, the new ones look cool.

It was kind of a forced thing. The Perfect Evolution footage couldn't be revamped and reused as it showed the Tags, which do not exist anymore, and using Warp Evolution footage (as it exists for all evolutions thanks to the PSP game) is impossible since if they could do that, then there'd be no excuse whatsoever to get the Perfect levels in and despite how well-written Tri has been, it still appeals to nostalgia heavily and as such every evolution needs at least some time in the spotlight, even if it is for one move (as every Perfect has gotten).

Also the new Adult footage is much better than the boring thing in Adventure, and Tri 2 actually changed the one part of it I thought was really ugly (a green ring that made them go from trinary code into their physical forms, was now a golden ring with "EVOLUTION" written all over it and spewing code everywhere, really neat). The other evolutions are also very good looking, just...samey, while every level in Adventure was very unique.

Kurui Reiten posted:

It does seem a lot like 02 didn't happen in this timeline, though. Digimon were everywhere in 02, around the world. Everyone got a Digimon in the end. The 02 kids would definitely be more noticeably missing. Kari and TK have normal Digivices again, I think. It's been a while since I saw the first part.

Takeru still has a D-3, as shown in Angemon's evolution sequence. Hikari's Digivice has not been shown, but it logically should still be a D-3 as well.

TFRazorsaw posted:

The bit about "everyone on Earth getting a digimon" isn't mentioned until the flash forward.

I can't believe people are arguing that 02 didn't happen when 02 characters show up, Hikari and Takeru carry D-3s, Gennai is in his 02 design, and the producers of the film have said repeatedly (as recently as the NHK segment on the show yesterday) that they were going to show how everyone developed into what we saw in the epilogue.

They aren't arguing 02 didn't happen, they're arguing that something was changed between series, and it might be deliberate and not just small retcons. Chill.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Can we just agree that 02 had poor, inconsistent writing all around? I think that would end a lot of these debates.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

I didn't say "02 didn't happen and clearly isn't going to happen", I said that it very deliberately does not appear to have happened in this timeline. Considering the odd inconsistencies, and Ken being a thing, that's clearly important and will be addressed. Something has happened to change the past, and that will likely be a big thing to resolve.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Geostomp posted:

Can we just agree that 02 had poor, inconsistent writing all around? I think that would end a lot of these debates.

This is the one thing that I think we can all agree with, yeah.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

or the characters don't talk about it because they have no reason, yet, to "as you know" each other.

every iteration of the Adventure franchise has inconsistencies with each other, from day one. Just look at the movie where evolution is treated different from every other instance in the continuity, or when a Perfect hatches from an egg the size of Lower Manhatten.

This is just getting silly.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It is but not for the reasons you think.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If, IF, they just build up to the epilogue and do not change it in any significant way, that would be a mistake.

Whatever you say about the rest of season 2, the epilogue was, with few exceptions, a mistake. If all of this is just to justify something that almost no fan, here or across the world, likes or enjoys, well Okay whatever its their show.

But it's opening up holes in their own present story. They're building Mimi and Izzy pretty hard right now- what would be the point of this if it just goes to the epilogue where they're clearly not married?

Is Matt going to start developing an interest in space travel soon? Maybe found the new space ship Galaxy Of Knife?

Notice I am not saying that ending on AN epilogue would be a mistake- but the one we have does not work with the story they are telling. They can fix the epilogue, that'd be great. It'd help fix some of season 2's worst parts. But as it is, the idea that it ends on what we already know is baffling and fills Tri with a lot of problems.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

or the characters don't talk about it because they have no reason, yet, to "as you know" each other.

every iteration of the Adventure franchise has inconsistencies with each other, from day one. Just look at the movie where evolution is treated different from every other instance in the continuity, or when a Perfect hatches from an egg the size of Lower Manhatten.

This is just getting silly.

You just keep making this a thing don't you, where I have to respond to you. But gently caress it, this doesn't concern season 2 so whatever.

There are no inconsistencies between the first movie and Adventure, none that aren't addressed in Adventure itself.

Tai and Kari did not have a Digivice, nor could they have HAD their Digivices, as that moment was explicitly the moment Genai and his group realized who these 8 children were and the power they possessed. The movie was all about the affect humans have on Digimon, and Parrotmon was not literally born from scratch. That was just how he arrived possibly due to how rough going from one universe to the other would have been. He also clearly took way more power to appear than Agumon did.

The movie showed the bond between the children and Digimon and the wonders it could bring, the power it could inspire. Thus they became the Chosen and their Digivices were created and Partners prepared. Most of them forgot because of the weirdness between the realities, except for Kari and TK to a lesser extent.

Once you reach past Adventure, that's when the inconsistencies kick in though most of them are harmless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Burkion posted:

If, IF, they just build up to the epilogue and do not change it in any significant way, that would be a mistake.

Whatever you say about the rest of season 2, the epilogue was, with few exceptions, a mistake. If all of this is just to justify something that almost no fan, here or across the world, likes or enjoys, well Okay whatever its their show.

But it's opening up holes in their own present story. They're building Mimi and Izzy pretty hard right now- what would be the point of this if it just goes to the epilogue where they're clearly not married?

Is Matt going to start developing an interest in space travel soon? Maybe found the new space ship Galaxy Of Knife?

Notice I am not saying that ending on AN epilogue would be a mistake- but the one we have does not work with the story they are telling. They can fix the epilogue, that'd be great. It'd help fix some of season 2's worst parts. But as it is, the idea that it ends on what we already know is baffling and fills Tri with a lot of problems.

I think it would be neat if tri were to show stuff from the old epilogue, some time bullshit happened and hosed that up, and now they're trying to repair what they can. As far as broad story beats go.

It would definitely be inarguably terrible writing if they were to just force everything toward the existing epilogue.