Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I hope he wins the world title in a 30 second squash at Slammiversary.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

WRESTLING IS SERIOUS

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

oh no whatever will they do

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I hope someone's been keeping a tally of how often Chris Regal has threatened to stop watching TNA forever, 'cause I sure as hell haven't.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

https://twitter.com/gradowrestling/status/702063383600824322

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Aesop Poprock posted:

I love ric flair but the "he does one match" criticism is absolutely valid and puts him below a ton of wrestlers when it comes to actually working a match or telling a story. Which is why the match between him and inoki in North Korea is so interesting to watch cause its not a flair match at all but it's still pretty good

But Kurt is guilty of the same exact thing. And to a worse degree because no matter if he's facing a guy way below him or a main eventer he has to do his stupid 5 minute finishing stretch of finisher kickouts and ankle lock escapes.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Man more people read that tweet than watched impact.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Speaking of Mecca, has anyone there had a meltdown over AJ's appearance on the Edge and Christian Show? I can see the Mecca folks getting pissy about them laughing at TNA.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hoss Corncave posted:

Speaking of Mecca, has anyone there had a meltdown over AJ's appearance on the Edge and Christian Show? I can see the Mecca folks getting pissy about them laughing at TNA.

"SEE? WWE's so scared of TNA that they try to make fun of them. It only goes to show that they KNOW TNA's better than them"

-what I imagine someone on TNAMecca has probably said.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hoss Corncave posted:

I was looking after it aired but didn't see anything.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

legit baffled that THIS is the tipping point that makes him think TNA is insulting his intelligence

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Chris Regal is wrong all the time about everything, but I can not fault a man for demanding that Grado not be on their television ever again.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Grado is good.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ParanoidInc posted:

legit baffled that THIS is the tipping point that makes him think TNA is insulting his intelligence

He geeks out and threatens to quit over the dumbest poo poo while wholesale ignoring all the huge problems with the product just staring him in the face. I'm pretty sure his stupidly strong pet peeves are just his subconscious lashing out at all the terrible stuff he subjects himself to

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Grado is cool and has the best theme.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The_Rob posted:

Grado is cool and has the best theme.

Not sure how I feel about him using Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Grado is the best, he got Americans to pay for his chubby chancer ways.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

read this a bit wrong and thought you were talking about Mike Awesome

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Pretty much this, and as someone from the same council area it's even funnier seeing Americans hate on the amusing pillock.

In all seriousness though while he's not the best in a ring he's got Mick Foely's stamp of approval for his promo skills and he knows how to connect with a crowd, there's a video on youtube of him and Drew Galloway working the crowd after a TNA recording in Manchester that was interesting to watch.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
His finishers are called the R-Grado and the Get Tae Yer Bed. You're not supposed to take the big guy seriously. :allears:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I actually agree with this guy, given their robust and talented roster, TNA should fire people immediately

Let's just have Matt Hardy vs Michael Bennett vs EC3 matches forever

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kurt Angle's doing a Q&A on Facebook today so watch this space for stupid comments.

I definitely support Kurt taking this time to become a wizard

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Kurt Angle's doing a Q&A on Facebook today so watch this space for stupid comments.

I definitely support Kurt taking this time to become a wizard

To me this is more sad than it is stupid. He looks at a guy who blew what was likely a million dollar contract with WWE to work in TNA, but his life is so hosed that he looks at it and goes "Hmm, yes, I should emulate this.""

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

He only made this bet because he knows they won't make it to Slammiversary

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Like Grado who will main event Slammiversary

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I thought it was Odarg the Great who was main eventing Slammiversary.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I guess it's like the Bruise Cruise except it doesn't actually go anywhere?

quote:

Greg Blanton • 22 minutes ago
TNA needs a chief operating officer with a long term vision the direction the company will travel and hire the key people to make the vision become reality with producing a successful world class product every week on tv and on tour. In the meantime, ceo Dixie must secure additional partners/funding to hire some top end talents and expand the roster, return Impact Wrestling to at a live show every other week with taped shows in between, improve the shows production quality, expand to a 3 hour show each week, greatly expand the promotion/advertising budget with the electronic and television media being the focus of the majority of all advertising dollars spent, flood the media sites daily with press releases, expand programming in key international markets, return to 4 major ppv's each year scheduled 3 months apart with the storylines culminating at each ppv, return to a weekly touring schedule to grow the product at the grass roots level nationally and internationally, vastly expand the merchandise sales department, develop a official working partnership with one indie company in each region of the US, Canada, Mexico, UK and Japan as a farm system for top Indy prospects and to work with the current talents character/skill development, open a performance center in Orlando Florida similar to the wwe's for the talents to train, develop and practice with the ultimate goal of building a all inclusive world class wrestling vacation resort around the performance center where wrestling fans and families from around the world will come to experience the behind the scenes world of pro wrestling while enjoying fitness, training, wrestling entertainment, relaxation and spas with first class meals and amenities during their stay, the goal of the resort is to be a top rated vacation destination known around the world.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jesus loving christ that whole paragraph is only 2 sentences :stare:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
We just need NXT with a hotel

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

We just need TEW

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I guess it's like the Bruise Cruise except it doesn't actually go anywhere?

I bet the wrestlers will be thrilled to act as trainers, tummlers and possibly kneaders with no privacy for the same money they already get or don't get.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Chris James 2 posted:

Jesus loving christ that whole paragraph is only 2 sentences :stare:

And the first sentence is 44/298 words, or less than a sixth. The second sentence is 254 words long.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
We only need 3 hours (of which 35 minutes are used for matches)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

AkumaHokoru posted:

We only need 3 hours (of which 35 minutes are used for matches)

Works for WWE?

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
They had partnerships with other promotions. There's a reason they don't anymore.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I actually like that wrestling resort idea, I just wouldn't want it to be TNA doing it.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
TNA is a wrestling Last Resort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I actually like that wrestling resort idea, I just wouldn't want it to be TNA doing it.

Lucha Underground would be great. Umbrella drinks served out of fresh skulls.