Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

What the hell, people aren't even talking about how amazing the Guntank is, you're the worst.

The guntank has an amazingly detailed frame, and is crazy poseable, definitely not just a brick on wheels. Cool poo poo like hydraulics and an actual shock suspension are right there, and it has a better waist movement than like half the biped MGs I have. The interlinked treads are super well designed, and while they do kind of take forever, they're also super good looking when you get them all done.

Plus, it has twin-linked firing action, who doesn't love that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz63oZRln5A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
That is a super cool gimmick but mine only works on one hand for reasons I've never been able to figure it out.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

That is a super cool gimmick but mine only works on one hand for reasons I've never been able to figure it out.

Yeah I have the same problem. No matter what i do i can't get the legs to extend, they're insanely stiff.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Plus, it has twin-linked firing action, who doesn't love that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz63oZRln5A

This is dope as gently caress.

Anyone remember when the MG Guntank was going to be some radio-controlled motorized thing? I wonder if this gimmick got carried over from that.

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!
Wellllll I'm still gonna get a Guntank regardless, it'll just be in a month or so as a housewarming gift to myself :3: I have Plans for it, and a dedicated modeling/painting workspace will be so much better for those plans than my current setup. The frame and gimmicks on that thing are super cool.

Bimmi posted:

This is dope as gently caress.

Anyone remember when the MG Guntank was going to be some radio-controlled motorized thing? I wonder if this gimmick got carried over from that.

Couldn't someone theoretically make one remote-controlled, provided they hollow out the bottom and find/make an appropriately-sized drive system?

Replace the Core Block with one of those tiny speaker & card reader things some model planes use and have it play the MSG theme and sound effects, and make the LEDs better and and and

Edit: yesssssss http://youtu.be/f3BMFA9iAqE

Astro Creep fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 26, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Today I learned that bright red is a pain the rear end color to completely cover up with just primer.

Also despite my greatest efforts to procrastinate, this project seems like it will be done by the end of this weekend. Hell must be freezing over.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I kind of want that mg guntank. The light up console in the cockpit is a neat gimmick to me.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

New lineart for the Unicorn came out. It could just be me, but it look a hell of a lot like RG lineart.

Like does anything else use those segmented gray strip decals?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

New lineart for the Unicorn came out. It could just be me, but it look a hell of a lot like RG lineart.

Like does anything else use those segmented gray strip decals?

For the love of God, don't be a transformer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TaurusOxford posted:

I swear you can even hear the Gunpla designer tasked with making it sobbing into a bottle of hard liquor.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

"Well come on, we made the Perfect Grade already, just make it smaller."

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Same old RX-0 lineart with some new markings slapped on. I doubt it's significant of much in and of itself.

You know the RG is coming, though, and you KNOW it's going to be another god-forsaken "technological showpiece" that explodes if you so much as look at it.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Midjack posted:

"Well come on, we made the Perfect Grade already, just make it smaller."

In a year's time, my finger is going to be hovering, cursor trembling, over the purchase button for the P-Bandai RG Unicorn LED kit, and I'm going to be cursing you and this post the whole while.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Kibner posted:

Neat features of the Acguy:
  • All four limbs are slightly telescopic though the legs are less so
  • Claws on right hand are spring loaded
  • Propellers on bottom of feet spin
  • Water effect parts are really cool and make for some neat poses with the included action base
  • Hip and shoulder joints can "pop" out which gives it more options for posing
  • mono eye is on a track so you can move it all around his head

I'd actually forgotten about most of the clever engineering in this kit, and there is a lot of it.

And again, it's got this... the inner frame even has an inner frame:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I swear you can even hear the Gunpla designer tasked with making it sobbing into a bottle of hard liquor.

"Why are you doing this to us?!? It's not bad enough that we have to work out anime robots intentionally designed to be a nightmare to make toys out of, you're going to make us try to create a transformer out of brittle plastic and rubber AGAIN?!?"

'You do realize Hasbro accomplishes this with metal hinges, ratchet joints, and solid plastic, right?....please....mercy..."

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I friend returned from Japan last week, said he couldn't find waterslide decals anywhere. I'm tempted to start making my own out of testor's decal paper and decal bonder. This is so ridiculous, it shouldn't be this much of a hassle to get a 3" strip of decals on each gunpla kit. Hell I bet it's cheaper than including stickers.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh welp, turns out this was just the lineart for the CGI models the Unicorn TV series is going to use. The new red frame HGUC FA Unicorn uses the same decal setup too.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
None of us are ever likely to be willing or able to afford it, but the Hi-Res Barbatos looks amazing.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Also Model Legend's latest work was conversion parts for a PG Phenex. Now all we need is a Hyper Beam Javelin and PG Plan B will be reality.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BB, please don't tempt me.

(Please tell me you have a link please)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Just check Model Legend's blog.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
The shiny accents look kinda tacky to me = (

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

They should just make non-transformable RG Unicorns so I can buy two and then two Banshees and then a green P-Bandai exclusive

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Even I'm gonna say no sometimes.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I wish the MG RX-0 Banshee came molded in black so I wouldn't have to paint it. I'm in an apartment so I can't set up a good place for painting kits. It's definitely on my list of kits I want to paint.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
the REVIVE Guncannon is a cool little thing

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

BB, please don't tempt me.

(Please tell me you have a link please)

How's the Zerstormer coming on? Last we saw, the gun was making 1/48 Zaku's look like HGs...

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Would Gentei Kits' new parts service help with online exclusive parts if I had all the necessary info (some kind of serial number, right?), or am I still hosed on that front? :v:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

DigitalRaven posted:

How's the Zerstormer coming on? Last we saw, the gun was making 1/48 Zaku's look like HGs...

I haven't made any real progress on it in the last two months or so. I should be doing it a bit more soon though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zwingley posted:

Would Gentei Kits' new parts service help with online exclusive parts if I had all the necessary info (some kind of serial number, right?), or am I still hosed on that front? :v:

I would expect it to be good for two reasons:

- all the P-Bandai products in my stash have the order form for parts, so Bandai will apparently sell them to you.
- even if not, you may be OK if the part you need is from the base kit and not one of the special parts unique to the P-Bandai release.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Woah, so I could potentially order the cannon pack sprue for the Jesta Cannon?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Anonymous Robot posted:

Woah, so I could potentially order the cannon pack sprue for the Jesta Cannon?

I looked in the MG Jesta Cannon box and it has the order form so give it a try. You probably aren't the first person to have that idea, though.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You're limited to five parts now, not entire runners.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Midjack posted:

- even if not, you may be OK if the part you need is from the base kit and not one of the special parts unique to the P-Bandai release.

I double-checked this ~9 months ago when I initially torqued the hell out of my Tallgeese III, and it's a unique part. I'll jump in queue in that case; I think I have all the paperwork from the box, so I should be good.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
One thing to note about this episode - it contained that rare Gundam moment where a Zaku got to surgically dissect a Gundam. Seriously, McGillis just walked all over his old buddy.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

One thing to note about this episode -IBO SPOILER it contained that rare Gundam moment where a Zaku got to surgically dissect a Gundam. Seriously, McGillis just walked all over his old buddy.

wrong thread duder

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Midjack posted:

wrong thread duder

poo poo, sorry, these two threads are often very close to each other on my control panel, and I keep getting them confused.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Darth Walrus posted:

poo poo, sorry, these two threads are often very close to each other on my control panel, and I keep getting them confused.

there needs to be a fourth, general Gundam chat, Gundam thread

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

edit: gently caress that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Got around to test fitting this thing

and man, smashing together all the spare parts into a new beam rifle actually looks really bad. I think I'm just gonna throw on the OYW version of the beam rifle instead.