Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

a kitten posted:

ADTRW Reacts to Spring Anime 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sad that a lot of the shows I want to watch aren't on CR so I'll probably never get around to watching them :/

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm sad that a lot of the shows I want to watch aren't on CR so I'll probably never get around to watching them :/

Please watch Kuma Miko

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I'm convinced Kiznaiver is secretly an adaptation of the breakfast club:

1. The OP sounds suspiciously similar to "Take on Me" by A-ha, a famous 80s hit

2. The Breakfast Club is an 80s movie

3. what we found out is that each one of us is:
a two faced normie...
a high-and-mighty bookish type...
and a goody two-shoes...
an eccentric basketcase...
an imbecile...
and a muscleheaded thug.

Does that answer your question?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

i'll keep with it because i keep with any robot shows that aren't garbage (read: are daimidaler and dai shogun) but it seemed...i don't know what to make of it yet

Also is it just me or are the subs not very good? I struggled to tell what was going on, most sentences seemed really disconnected from each other. Also did Guy In Robot At The Front really talk all 'i'll gently caress you up the rear end and blow my load in you, just get loving plowed you whore' in the original context or are bad subbers as usual making people sound way more obscene and edgy than usual? Cause like. It's one thing to be the usual 'oh poo poo, gently caress, drat you to hell, argh drat it' but it's another thing to be Combat Pewdiepie and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that dude

No, he doesn't actually say that. Instead he says it's as nimble as a bitch's rear end.
Still a foulmouthed guy.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

a kitten posted:

ADTRW Reacts to Spring Anime 2016

There are a lot of good, dumb, slice-of-lifey shows this season. It's great.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Honestly it feels like there's something for everyone this season.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

TV (full length)

12-sai.: Chiccha na Mune no Tokimeki -

:siren: Ace Attorney (Gyakuten Saiban) - Anime Thread

Aikatsu Stars! - N/A

And you thought there is never a girl online? (Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?) -

Anne-Happy (Unhappy♪) -

:siren: Bakuon!! - Anime Thread Bike Chat

Battle Spirits: Double Drive -

Beyblade Burst -

Big Order -

Bungou Stray Dogs -

Cerberus (Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités) -

:siren: Concrete Revolutio 2 (Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou 2) -

Duel Masters Versus Revolution Final (Duel Masters VSRF) -

Endride -

:siren: Flying Witch - Anime Thread

Future Card Buddyfight DDD -

:siren: Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto (Sakamoto desu ga?) - Anime Thread

High School Fleet (Hai Furi) -

Hundred -

:siren: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai) -

JOKER 3 (Kaitou Joker 3rd Season) -

Joker Game -

:siren: Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress (Koutetsujou no Kabaneri) -

Kamiwaza Wanda -

:siren: Kiznaiver -

:siren: Kuma Miko - Girl meets Bear (Kuma Miko) - Anime Thread

Kuromukuro - N/A

Macross Δ - Anime Thread

Magi: Adventure of Sinbad (Magi: Sinbad no Bouken) -

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 -

:siren: My Hero Academia (Boku no Hero Academia) - Anime Thread Manga Thread

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal: Death Busters (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal: Death Busters-hen) -

PriPara 3rd Season - N/A

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) -

RIN-NE 2 (Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) 2nd Season) - N/A

Shounen Maid -

Super Lovers -

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless (Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge) -

Terra Formars Revenge - Manga Thread

The Asterisk War 2 (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season) -

:siren: The Lost Village (Mayoiga) -

Three Leaves, Three Colors (Sansha Sanyou) -

Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou - N/A

Twin Star Excorcists (Sousei no Onmyouji) -

Ushio and Tora 2nd Season (Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season) -

TV (short)

Aggressive Retsuko -

Aware! Meisaku-kun -

Bonobono 2 - N/A

Buddy Go! -

CoCO & NiCO - N/A

Crane Game Girls (Bishoujo Yuugi Unit Crane Game Girls) -

Hakuouki: Otogisoushi - N/A

Kagewani ~II~ (Kagewani: Shou) -

Nameko: Sekai no Tomodachi - N/A

Neko Neko Nihonshi - N/A

Onigiri -

Pan de Peace! -

Panpaka Pants W-O New! -

Ragnastrike Angels -

Space Patrol Luluco (Uchuu Patrol Luluco) - Anime Thread

Usakame - N/A

Wagamama High Spec - N/A

Young Ashibe: Go! Go! Goma-chan (Shounen Ashibe GO! GO! Goma-chan) -

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Aggressive Retsuko is available on Sanriojapan's youtube channel if anyone was interested. Not subbed or anything but still very cute :3: Some nice Youtube commenter even did up a rough translation of episode 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz8Djy_umFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd0aVopCgA4

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
i really liked the lost village cold open

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Knorth posted:

Aggressive Retsuko is available on Sanriojapan's youtube channel if anyone was interested. Not subbed or anything but still very cute :3: Some nice Youtube commenter even did up a rough translation of episode 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz8Djy_umFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd0aVopCgA4

Thanks!

quote:

Aggressive Retsuko
Sanrio | N/A | Comedy | Apr 2, 2016
The show centers on Retsuko, a 25-year old red panda who works in her dream company's accounting department. But it turns out that she is forced to keep doing more and more impossible tasks by her superiors and co-workers. She doesn't talk back to them, but she still has to let off steam, so she ends up going to karaoke by herself and singing death metal.
Links:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Also can someone post the amazon.com link to Kabaneri? I can only get the one for amazon.de.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Crunchyroll also reported that it picked up Tonkatsu DJ starting this Sunday/today.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Also can someone post the amazon.com link to Kabaneri? I can only get the one for amazon.de.

Does this work? http://www.amazon.com/Frightened-Corpse/dp/B01DU4LS3K

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yep. Thanks.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Actually, this link might be better, since the one I linked technically is for the first episode?

http://amzn.com/B01DU4LS3K

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Allarion posted:

Actually, this link might be better, since the one I linked technically is for the first episode?

http://amzn.com/B01DU4LS3K

Ah, yes! Thanks.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

High School Fleet:
Global climate change isn't so bad if it gives us cities like in this show. Also high school girls on ships is better than high school girl ships.

Edit: Ragnastrike Angels has a duration of 30 seconds! This is a new record I think.

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Apr 10, 2016

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
This season is crazy. I wasn't expecting to be into 7 shows, most seasons I'm lucky if I can find 3 that interest me, but hey here we are. And there's even like 5 or 6 more that just aren't really my style but a lot of other people seem to be way into. I feel like this is going to result in 3 seasons of nothing but trash afterward, like a monkey's paw wish or something.

For the record:
Ace Attorney - Animation quality's not great but I like the games enough that it doesn't bug me.
Space Patrol Luluco - I'm not sure what's happening but it's making me laugh.
Kiznaiver - I'm not sure what's happening but it seems interesting and very colorful.
Ushio & Tora - More of the same from where it left off, but I'm cool with that.
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress - Wasn't really expecting this to be as rad as it was but that first episode was pretty killer. Hope it can keep that up.
My Hero Academia - I loving love the manga so thankfully this one isn't just a subpar adaptation and it looks as pretty as the manga.
JoJo - JoJo.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

The end of year anime voting is going to murder me :negative:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Jostiband posted:

The end of year anime voting is going to murder me :negative:

I'm not sure whether it'd be better if Osomatsu won the end of the year, or if they just miss the mark due to being Osomatsu.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

High School Fleet:
Global climate change isn't so bad if it gives us cities like in this show. Also high school girls on ships is better than high school girl ships.

Edit: Ragnastrike Angels has a duration of 30 seconds! This is a new record I think.

They really turned up the heat right from episode 1, didn't they? Be interesting to see where it goes from here.

My theory:
They said that both the Harukaze and the Musashi (Moka's ship) were running late. My guess is that something happened aboard Moka's ship that caused them to defect, and because the captains of the two ships are buddies, they're being scrutinized extra-carefully. Then again, why would the instructor phone in a lie about their having used live ammunition? Alternately, this is a way to try to get rid of Munetani-sensei, by killing her daughter, so that the instructor can assume the leadership position. That's why they appointed a moron as captain of the ship. Either way they'll face questions about why they're missing 20 rounds of live ammunition, right?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Kytrarewn posted:

They really turned up the heat right from episode 1, didn't they? Be interesting to see where it goes from here.

My theory:
They said that both the Harukaze and the Musashi (Moka's ship) were running late. My guess is that something happened aboard Moka's ship that caused them to defect, and because the captains of the two ships are buddies, they're being scrutinized extra-carefully. Then again, why would the instructor phone in a lie about their having used live ammunition? Alternately, this is a way to try to get rid of Munetani-sensei, by killing her daughter, so that the instructor can assume the leadership position. That's why they appointed a moron as captain of the ship. Either way they'll face questions about why they're missing 20 rounds of live ammunition, right?

Yeah, an intriguing start. The genres people assigned to this show are school and slice-of-life though. And now I hope those people are wrong.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Haifuri is weird in that it's very lighthearted in tone but also dramatic at the same time. I also get that the girls thought it was training or something but deciding nicknames and the rice cooker tragedy during that serious situation gave me mood whiplash. The setting (warships run completely by high school girls) and the show overall is completely anime and stupid but in a good way so I'll keep watching.

It kind of reminds me of a Girls und Panzer but the ending of the first episode kind of makes me wonder where this show is going to go. I wouldn't mind another light hearted action packed military-battle/highschool sport anime but we'll see where this show takes that plot point at the end of the episode.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Apr 10, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You can become a hero!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Terper posted:

You can become a hero!

???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsb4YLh5maM&t=489s

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

atrus50 posted:

i really liked the lost village cold open

Lets drive down the centre of the road! Although that bus driver does suck so I think it is something he would do.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i figure people here would also be interested in graphs showing the growth of the industry (and disney)
http://imgur.com/a/PmUFR

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

My Hero Academia

http://webm.land/media/kFEd.webm

e: woah wtf why is the volume so low

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Davincie posted:

i figure people here would also be interested in graphs showing the growth of the industry (and disney)
http://imgur.com/a/PmUFR

Hmm, the industry is not exactly in a boom, but overally it's at least not bad.

Flying Witch is excellent.

And Kiznaiver is a dazzling and colorful, but dark show. In a good way? Maybe.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Terper posted:

My Hero Academia

http://webm.land/media/kFEd.webm

e: woah wtf why is the volume so low

Oh, ok. lol

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Mayoiga:

Qwertycoatl posted:

I'm looking forward to watching them all get murdered.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I made a thread for The Lost Village (Mayoiga), including a cast list.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Major Ricardo posted:

Lets drive down the centre of the road! Although that bus driver does suck so I think it is something he would do.

I haven't seen the show, but it is not the most subtle of homages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDuq8EeHsGg

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Hundred is the most derivative piece of poo poo I've ever seen in my life. In its first 24 minute episode, it managed to copy Shokugeki no Soma, Infinite Stratos, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, and I'm sure a bunch of others that I'm missing, but without any of their already limited charm.

Fake edit: Yes, I'll be watching it to the end :negative:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Why?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

That doesn't even sound like a ~trainwreck~, it sounds like someone forgot to turn the train engine on.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

An abandoned train would be a cool fort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Thats not a metaphor, I just think an abandoned train would be a really cool fort.

• Locked thread